Worst MITM character

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I decided to make a thread with a twist-since we are always talking about favorites, what about our..um...unfavorites?:D Who do you guys dislike on MITM?
I really don't like Dabney to be honest(absolutely no offense to our member Dabney). I always found him pretty damn annoying and everytime he yelled it grated on my nerves! I don't really see how Malcolm stands him(then again, Malcolm can be whiny sometimes, as well).
On a kind of but not really related subject, is that "Dabney" on the FOX show "The War at Home"(which i dont like at all)? :confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
To answer your quesiton about Dabney, yes. That's Kyle Sullivan, who now plays Larry on The War at Home.

For me, there's no character I hate because they're all necessary to make the show work so well. But too much Ida can get very annoying quickly. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Cynthia! Fortunately we didn't have to hear her stupid voice or see her ugly face again after Season 3.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
tony_montana said:
I really don't like Dabney to be honest(absolutely no offense to our member Dabney)

Nice to hear :p

I'm not sure if there's any character which I don't like at all. In my opinion the writers seem to put much effort in designing the characters and every character is in some way interesting.
If I had to name the character I like the least, it would be Craig, I suppose. I mean, he has brilliant scenes in which I can't stop laughing, but if I have to see him all the time, he kind of gets on my nerves.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I agree with yardgames and Dabney. There's no character that I absolutely hate on MITM, but if I had to pick I would say that Ida is probably my least favorite. She's just evil and can be annoying sometimes.

I really hate Herkabe, but it's the kind of hate that's good. He's a self-rightous jacka$$ and all, but you can't really help but like him for it. He's one of those people that you love to hate, you know? :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Wildcat said:
I agree with yardgames and Dabney. There's no character that I absolutely hate on MITM, but if I had to pick I would say that Ida is probably my least favorite. She's just evil and can be annoying sometimes.

I really hate Herkabe, but it's the kind of hate that's good. He's a self-rightous jacka$$ and all, but you can't really help but like him for it. He's one of those people that you love to hate, you know? :D

You hate him in a good way? I don't follow.:D

rzombie1988

I don't like Herkabe at all. He's never really done much for me.

Sometimes I don't like Malcolm as much anymore, but for the most part he's okay.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
tony_montana said:
You hate him in a good way? I don't follow.:D

I mean I hate him, but really I like him. I like to hate him. :D I don't like what he does, but he's entertaining to watch. Kinda like how you like Hannibal Lecter. He's twisted and evil and does bad things, but you still like him.

Wow, that was way too many instances of the word "like" for one paragraph....:D

ajpp16

i think my least favourite character has got to be herkabe ... he is just so evil and selfish! i also don't like Ida that much becasue of shes mean and cruel as well .. but its funny at the same time lol

samboo1

ajpp16 said:
i think my least favourite character has got to be herkabe ... he is just so evil and selfish! i also don't like Ida that much becasue of shes mean and cruel as well .. but its funny at the same time lol
Yeah...
- My least favourite is defo Mr Herkabe:mad: Really annoys me, he is that cocky, think's he know all type, like my Mum.:rolleyes: Lol.
- And Ida annoys me but i agree with you, Alex, she can be funny...i dont know why, she is just funny! She reminds me of my grandad...he has the accent as well.:cool:

ajpp16

samboo1 said:
Yeah...
- My least favourite is defo Mr Herkabe:mad: Really annoys me, he is that cocky, think's he know all type, like my Mum.:rolleyes: Lol.
- And Ida annoys me but i agree with you, Alex, she can be funny...i dont know why, she is just funny! She reminds me of my grandad...he has the accent as well.:cool:
haha i wish i had a grandad like that :p

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I hate Herkabe too, from his very first appearance. Herkabe was in his first year of teaching in Season 3 yet he didn't seem to mind that in the first week ("Emancipation"), he'd done a ranking board; he just stood there and folded his arms when the Krelboynes couldn't make the model work, and arranged for the principal to drop by for an evaluation. He even gave them a test on the first day!

In "Humilithon" he deliberately split Hal and Lois up, and deliberately sabotaged Hal who was on cleanup detail. And then in "Malcolm Films Reese", when it came time for Malcolm's presentation of his project, after the way he pulled Malcolm's desk up to the front I could tell he was going to make a big deal out of it in some way. Reese had not the slightest idea he was being filmed, and the next thing he knew, all his secrets were exposed to the whole school. He is a selfish, inconsiderate pot-stirrer.

And Ida, I've hated her from her first appearance in "The Grandparents" too. It would have been good if there had been an episode where the family visited her and discovered all those presents in the cupboard under the stairs! :mad:

purple

I really don't have a worst mitm character, seeing as i don't see many episodes. What factors create a bad character?

Malcoholic

Two-part answer:
Hate in the sense of finding the character evil and enjoying it when he gets his come-uppance: Herkabe, because he's so bitter and deliberately malicious. He's a fun-to-hate type.

Hate in the sense that I can't stand watching the character: Cynthia, because she over-acts horribly, screeching, constantly bobbing her head--simply a badly conceived and badly cast character who is mercifully gone.

Alfista Junior

Hum, the guy who played the new teacher of the Krelboyne Class maybe during the third or fourth season (I don't remember his name at all..).

Instead, I love Ida. Even if she's mean she is definitely funny..:rolleyes:

Jimmy Junior

I dislike Herkabe as well - I think he's a malicious dickhead, but justice is served in his social standing; he doesn't have many (if any) friends and I seem to remember he drives a crummy car.
That said, I don't think he's a 'bad character' because there are people like him in the real world - social misfits who use their job as a way to command a sense of power over others (like the RA in the college episode).

I would say the 'worst characters' were those really awful actors who did the murder mystery weekend at the Grotto, because I thought they were just plain annoying. If I had to choose regular characters it would be Otto and Gretchen, again, because they annoy me.

Great El Foldo

I think Dabney is a [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]wonderful character. Dabney is perfect representation of the stereotypical maternally repressed geek. He might be irritating but he is certainly amusing. Ida and Herkabe are certainly detestable individuals; anyone who had the pleasure of dealing with them would would most certainly hate them. However as characters, I feel they are needed additions to the show as they are represetitive of other amusing stereotypes that you might expect to find.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The character I would least be able to abide, would be [/FONT]Claire [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]they babysitter from Malcolm defends Reese. I cannot even come to think of anyone more irritating.[/FONT]