Look what i found out on google today

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
The actress was always thin, they just used makeup and special effects to make her look fat. Like what they did with Hal in "If Boys were Girls."

han_keep_smilin

Wildcat said:
The actress was always thin, they just used makeup and special effects to make her look fat. Like what they did with Hal in "If Boys were Girls."

they have made her look REALLY fat though! they did a good job!:)

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I can't see how they would be able to 'fake' the fat - it looks too realistic. The actress could have been fat in reality to begin with, and the fat flashback scenes could have been filmed early in the production of Season 1 or something so by the time they came to film Convention, she could have been on a diet and exercise program and stuff to get rid of the fat.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I agree that the fat is very realistic, they did a great job! I suppose it's possible that they filmed fat scenes in season 1, but I think it's a stretch. She would have had to lose massive weight (probably over 100 lbs) within a year, which is unlikely. Plus, they probably didn't have the scripts written that far in advance in season 1. It's a good point--and you could be right--but I think it's more likely just special effects. Hal's fat looked pretty realistic too. Maybe someone could find out if she was in anything before she did MITM, then we can see what she looked like. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
In 1999 she was Karone/Pink Galaxy Ranger #2 in "Power Rangers Lost Galaxy". I can't find any pictures but I doubt she would be fat in that.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Just because makeup looks real doesn't mean it is real.:D Look at a movie like "Terminator 2". When Arnold gets beat up by Liquid T1000 near the end of the movie his face starts tearing up and you can see the metal parts beneath the "skin." Are we to assume that Arnold is actually a robot or that it's makeup?
...You know, not very good point, seeing as how Arnold Schwarneggar probably IS a robot!:D Just kidding.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
They actually have so-called fat suits, which are basically a one-piece really big stretchy plastic suit that adds a bunch of skin. You can hide up where you strap it on with clothing; the face is the only tough part.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I don't think that patty being fat looks realistic, it's quite obvious that it's fake. They just exaggerated a bit. In my opinion they did a much better job with Hal in If Boys Were Girls.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, remember, they showed Fat Patty for like 15 seconds; Fat Hal had a fairly major/important/close-up part in the episode so he was much more important than a 15-second clip.