God bless reruns of MITM!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I had to make this thread to shout out to the reruns of MITM that come on weekday afternoons where I live. As I mentioned in another thread, reruns got me hooked on MITM, so if it weren't for them, I would never have discovered this spectacularly(is that a word?) funny show!:D Plus, after a crappy day of school and stuff, it's nice to come home, plop down, and turn on MITM. God bless reruns!

reese35

Well, for some, reruns are either a blessing or a b!tch. For me, they're both. I'm sure some of the other members remember me going on a rant about reruns.

Flashback...
http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=525
http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309

You know, I just got complete season 3 episodes. I compared episodes w/ the 3 sec. sting with the syndicated ones. The stupid sombuzzards just replaced the cold open/sting w/ the complete credits. They're digging their own grave doing that! Well, let's just hope that FX won't follow those feeds.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Syndication is when reruns of a program are shown on a channel other than the one that the program orginally aired on (does that even make sense? :D ) For example, Malcolm is in syndication on the WB network (in my area) and after it goes off Fox, they will be start showing it on FX--which is actually a branch of Fox.

reese35

Well, my def. of syndication is when a program is distributed across cable networks and/or local channels in the area other than the initial channel where a program started. Again, cross your fingers for FX...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
reese35 said:
Well, for some, reruns are either a blessing or a b!tch. For me, they're both. I'm sure some of the other members remember me going on a rant about reruns.

Flashback...
http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=525
http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309

You know, I just got complete season 3 episodes. I compared episodes w/ the 3 sec. sting with the syndicated ones. The stupid sombuzzards just replaced the cold open/sting w/ the complete credits. They're digging their own grave doing that! Well, let's just hope that FX won't follow those feeds.

They may cut off mintues, but it's the only place I can get MITM everyday so Ill have to deal with it(seeing as how there are STILL no dvds except for season one! :mad: ). Where do you get the full episodes anyway?

reese35

Downloading torrent files... but I doubt I can talk about them here.:confused: Yardgames... or TJ (but either one of those two) let me in on that. In fact, that's what motivated me to DL them, so I won't have to wait until FX's time to see what they're capable of nip-tucking. (Get it? Nip/Tuck is an FX show!)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You're right, no DL talk please. :D Had to move this to Tiki Lounge, as that's protected from the public so the Googlebot can't find that word. :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I agree, thank goodness for reruns. If it wasn't for reruns I never would've started watching MITM!

OT, but the bots don't search stuff in the Tiki Lounge? Why is that? Just curious..

simon_4420

Yes reruns need a shout out!! If it wasn't for reruns I would be forced to watch some mind numing dribble, or god forbid a reality show like Big Brother:eek:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wildcat said:
I agree, thank goodness for reruns. If it wasn't for reruns I never would've started watching MITM!

OT, but the bots don't search stuff in the Tiki Lounge? Why is that? Just curious..
Tiki Lounge is closed to guests; you need a username and password to see it. Try logging out and then reading a thread in Tiki Lounge--it won't work too well. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
yardgames said:
Tiki Lounge is closed to guests; you need a username and password to see it. Try logging out and then reading a thread in Tiki Lounge--it won't work too well. :D

You sure about that? I just tried that and I was able to read the posts in the Tiki Lounge just fine. :confused: Maybe it's cause I still have cookies from where I was logged in or something.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's possible Davey Boy changed it, I can't keep up with him anymore because he no longer keeps me in the loop. Whatever the case, let's get back on topic.

reese35

Like I said, for some people, reruns are heaven and/or heck. For me, the heaven part - MitM, Boy Meets World, The Simpsons, Dallas, Knots Landing, and maybe Grounded for Life. The heck part - the constant knowledge that TV syndicators and/or TV networks can cut anything out based on content or willy-nilly. Take BMW for example - on Disney Channel, they cut out anything with suggestive diologue (the D in the American TV rating systems; sex, foreplay, etc.). But this is DISNEY CHANNEL. And completely beside the point. But the point - better to have a nip-tucked program than none at all.

I know what you mean tony montana!! Malcolm in the Middle reruns are on every day from about 5:30-6:30 and sometimes more if you have sky. It would be terrible without Malcolm in the Middle though!!

P.S: I'm really sorry i posted twice. I can't do anything about it!! Sorry!!

Tyno

Malcolm-France
In France, Malcolm's doing great ratings at midday, so the show is aired everyday of the week around 12:00 since November 2004. If you're interested in (I have doubts :D), here's the dates :

December 24, 2001 - February 15, 2002 | 20:05 pm [Seasons 1 & 2]
July 15, 2003 - September 10, 2003 | 12:00 pm [Reruns of seasons 1 & 2]
September 11, 2003 - November 11, 2003 | 12:00 pm [Seasons 3 & 4]
November 18, 2004 - December 17, 2004 | 12:00 pm [Season 5]
December 20, 2004 - May 24, 2005 | 12:00 pm [Ruruns of seasons 1 to 5]
May 25, 2005 - May 27, 2005 | 12:00 pm [3 first episodes of season 6]
May 30, 2005 - August 15, 2005 | 11:50 am and 12:20 pm (2 eps) [Ruruns of seasons 1 to 6 (3 first eps)]
Smallville [Season 4 and begining of season 1] takes the place of MITM for barely a month 'cause the ratings are too weak so MITM's back.
September 26, 2005 - February 14, 2006 | 11:50 am [Reruns of seasons 1 to 6 (3 first eps)]
February 27 2006 - March 3, 2006 | 11:50 am [Season 6]
March 6, 2006 - March 17, 2006 | 11:50 am and 12h20 pm (2 eps) [Season 6 (the suit) and 3 first episode of season 7]

Yeah, the airing's almost over... but lucky me, I have all the eps on my computer. :)