PC RTS War Games

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Adam West is always hilarious on all the Family Guy shows.

Back on topic: Axis & Allies. Ever hear of it? It's awesome.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
J. said:
Adam West is always hilarious on all the Family Guy shows.

Back on topic: Axis & Allies. Ever hear of it? It's awesome.

Damn, man, we must be on a wave length because I have that game!:D I got it for Christmas 2004(a year and 3 months ago). I played the living crap out of it! The World War 2 mode(where it's like the board game with pieces and all) is one of the best parts of that game! I loved going on there and trying out different strategies to win with the different countries. I personally found Japan the easiest country to win WW2 mode with and I found America to be the hardest(partly because Japan starts with a very large army and America starts with next to nothing, maybe 2 infantry pieces at most). I liked playing as the Brits and the Soviets the most, though. I played as Germany, but I actually felt a little bad about it seeing as how I was fighting for Nazism(then again, it's a game:D ).
The allies/axis campaign was alot of fun, just really hard. I think the hardest axis mission was the Stalingrad one. It literally took me six hours to beat it! The hardest allied mission was the battle of Berlin, since I had to build up tank division after tank division after tank division(I think the Germans destroyed about 30 of my tank divisions!:eek: )
Sorry for rambling, but it is an awesome game!:D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Yeah, I just got it last week, and I'm oly on the 4th allied level. :D I'll be playing right off I'm done here, yes, I play WW2 games at 4:40 am. :D It's a good game, but the opnly thing I don't like about it is that it has such a small population limit... All games have that though. I guess I'm so used to building up 50 Comanches, 30 Crusaders, 15 Overlords, and 20 Humvees in C&C Generals and then never even having to use them because the Comanches destroy everything......... :D

I like it though so far. Now no hints, I wanna do it alone. ;)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
J. said:
Yeah, I just got it last week, and I'm oly on the 4th allied level. :D I'll be playing right off I'm done here, yes, I play WW2 games at 4:40 am. :D It's a good game, but the opnly thing I don't like about it is that it has such a small population limit... All games have that though. I guess I'm so used to building up 50 Comanches, 30 Crusaders, 15 Overlords, and 20 Humvees in C&C Generals and then never even having to use them because the Comanches destroy everything......... :D

I like it though so far. Now no hints, I wanna do it alone. ;)

Yeah, the population thing A&A uses is a real military(which is an aspect I like). It uses the supply type thing and you have to be sure to supply whatever you make. Some people may find that crappy, but like I said, I think it added strategic value to the game!:D Anyway, if you want any help with missions, just post em here or pm me! You just wait until you get to the Axis campaign and get to the Stalingrad mission(the 5th one, I believe). It's gonna take a while to beat that mission!;)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Let me see If I can read your mind to see the next game to talk about: Empire Earth.

Awesome game. It's like Here's your capital, heres some raw resources, go at it and do whatever you want. I love it so much, and it's different every time.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
It is an RTS, like C&C, but it taks place over eons of time, not a day or so. Go from the Pre-historic age to the Nano age and beyond, From the dawn of man to 200 years in the future, you get the picture. It's a little like Civalizations, but better... much better. It's one of the best games I've played (and I've played a lot of great games, hehehehe...)

Let's see: Black. Ever hear of it, it's new and very full of explosions.... I don't even make any sense anymore because it's so full of explosions and guns. It's kind of a one trick pony, it's just blowing stuff up.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Just rented Black this past weekend. Isn't that bad of a game, even though I don't get it why they give you a silenced pistol when you are going to end up just blowing the s***(can i say that here?:D ) out of everyone anyway. The story was kinda nonexistant in the game.
What's the next game on your RTS roll call?(oh, and where are you in Axis and Allies?)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
J. said:
uuhhh... Invasion of Okinawa.

Next game: Mercinaries: Playground of Destruction.

Okinawa already? You must be playing the crap outta that game!:D If that's the mission right after Iwo Jima, I think it's the last one.
Yeah, mercs!(as i call it:D ) I think it's pretty awesome. You mainly do whatever you want and get access to whatever weapon you want..my kind of bag! There was a WW2 game just like Mercs, called Commandos, where you play as...commandos.
Next game?