isnt it nice to be part of something special?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
(this is very much a flow of thought - as i write im formulating this idea)

Now i know we have die hard MITMVC people here and the mentioning of other MITM sites is blasphemy. (im would prob put myself right in that catagory) But do you ever think about how you are part of the mitm fan network. its more of a deal with senior memebers, but even thought we have our own site, we are connected to other great sites like malcolm-france (and of course we have our connection tyno webmaster) and links with malcolm-mittendrin (and MITMFan webmaster over there). and even the official forums ! (wether we like it or not! :)

In reality the hardcore fan base is not huge and we all are closly linked by various ways.

I had one of my werid colabartive idea - of a MITM Fan Network that could be a sorta badge or banner displayed on every verfied and maintained fansite that unifies all sites as one but each site still keeping its independance.

I would give us a way of building stronger links with the wider community.

In practice i invision the system being pretty simple, you create a small icon/banner that links to a small webpage that list links to the sites in the 'network' the page could been translated with the help of the repective site obviously and it would be a unifying page.

Obviously there would need to be a system of control and management, but if say mitmvc initiated this, we would look at first for big sites eg malcolm france and malcolm mittendrin and approach them with the icon which they place and then become part of the 'management' team. now the idea is that the webmaster/admins of the sites now communicate and discuss together wether a site should be added. it must be maintained and of good content.

now say we get to the stage wether we have apprached the biggest sites we know of collectivly and the icon and network page is setup with the links to all sites envolved, we could then add to the network page a submit your site box. where new sites can submit themselves and they can be reviewed together by all existing webmasters.

The main point of this idea is to foster a scene of a wider community. with the end of mitm in sight the fan base is going to thin, so its important to keep the community together by widening scope. It will also increase awareness of other sites and increase communication between sites.

This idea is obviously at it very early satge and will obviously never work if we dont have the interest needed.

feedback, criticism, praise grately apprciated.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Sounds like an interesting idea. So basically you're saying that each site puts a link to all the other sites on their pages? I think a unifying factor between all the major MITM sites would help to draw in more visitors to all the sites, as you mention. Malcolm France looks like a great site--too bad I can't read it. :D Of course, the decision is up to the admins of all the sites whether they want to do somthing like that.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
well sort of, but not a load of links - more an official stamp logo, then you click the logo and its had links to the other sites, with a little details of how the network works.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I've seen lots of MITM websites, but most of them IMO are very average, the OS being one of them. The MITMVC is by far the best MITM site with a lot more content than other sites, and is one of the few that is actually up to date. If anyone has visited any sites they think the rest of us would be interested in viewing then it would be a good idea, like a "other recommended sites" page or something, and members here who are webmasters of other sites can post their sites too, but like I said, most of the sites I've been to are very low quality compared with this one, and a site as excellent as this one shouldn't advertise low qualtiy websites.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I'm just at another MITM website now, and what he/she calls their "review" section is not a patch on ours. A few extracts:

i don't highly recommend this, ep- the francis story line is completely seperate from the Malcolm's
This is the same in every episode except for episodes where his plot is talking on the phone to members of the family eg Pilot; Red Dress and Funeral.

Yes, you read correctly. three half smileys- (I'm testing your math skills, you see...) and no- that doesen't add up to three! It adds up to five! ..No wait, it adds up to 1.5
Pointless crap

And this.

WaterPark - - - review unavaiable.

Appearentally, I'm not going to review this episode, I'm just going to talk about that for a while so it looks like I did a review of it and makes the page look better- so, here i go. Instead of watching or taping the SEASON finale... I was out at a wedding, making fifty dollars an hour. (No, I am not a hore.) What i was doing was serving food, taking plates and being nice to people- for fifty dollars an hour. I missed the x-files season finale and will never forgive myself. Haven't ben able to get a copy yet... alas...Well, hope you enjoyed the review ;-)

Totally off-topic. What is the point in having a page for writing reviews of MITM episodes when you're going to blab on about crap nobody else is interested in? You guys write waaaay better reviews. I did like the reviews at TKTV but towards the end of Season 5 they stopped, except for occasional episodes.

And I think FOX needs a major wake up call - it's pretty bad that a fan site is way better than the official site.​

admin

Retired Administrator
The idea is a good one, in reality tho,are there enough MITM fansites to warrant it. Being brutally honest in my opinion, there are probably only about 3 or 4 MITM sites that would quality, those being the big three (Malcolm-France, Malcolm Mittendrin, MITMVC), which already have quite close ties anyway.

The other big problem is obviosuly the end of MITM, with it finishing are people likely to start making new fansites?

There are alsoa couple of "clone sites" of the VC or its forums out there, which really need to be removed, but thats another story all together! :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
where are the cloned sites? CJman used to have one but ive read on the official forums (he had become a big poster there) that he was leaving and doing stuff on a simpsons forums.

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
where are the cloned sites? CJman used to have one but ive read on the official forums (he had become a big poster there) that he was leaving and doing stuff on a simpsons forums.

CJmans forums are still a clone, and MRD used to have a semi cloned site as well, the problem was that both were/are using are bandwidth, which we don't have a great deal of to start anyway.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
admin said:
CJmans forums are still a clone, and MRD used to have a semi cloned site as well, the problem was that both were/are using are bandwidth, which we don't have a great deal of to start anyway.

hint hint please?

So this is like a Webring almost, I think. Right? :D

simon_4420

I think it sounds like a good idea TJ:D , but only for the good sites!

(whats a Clone site? is it just that, a clone. Sorry to sound stupid if it is just that...)

Amigo22

Super Moderator
OMG what a copy cat! :mad: Almost the exact same site name, the exact same names for the forums - fortunately it's not doing very well.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
whoa - funny, MRD is alos part of the site (run by CJman) hes a mod.

I liked Cjman, nice kid, except he is just too young, thats where the problem lies. Sadly im not aware of anything you can do about clone sites, except of course hacking them ;)

D

Deleted member 1693

Sounds like an interesting idea. So basically you're saying that each site puts a link to all the other sites on their pages? I think a unifying factor between all the major MITM sites would help to draw in more visitors to all the sites, as you mention. Malcolm France looks like a great site--too bad I can't read it. :D Of course, the decision is up to the admins of all the sites whether they want to do somthing like that.

Just use the Babelfish (search on Google, I don't want to link). The English translation is obviously a little garbled but it's plenty fun to read.

And some of those other wannabes are just plain jokes.