Pleasantly suprised

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Does anyone here know of something that they thought they would hate/dislike but then they are pleasently suprised(hence the thread name:D ) when they expierence this thing?
There are a couple of things for me that fall in this catagory. First and foremost(PLEASE dont kill me!) is MITM. Yes you heard me. When I heard of the show I thought it'd be stupid/unfunny. But then I see it and it turns out to be ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER!:D There are also other things too. Like that movie "Anger Management" with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson. I thought that would suck but it turned out to be very funny! One other things like this is the band Queen. Since(from what I heard) they are all gay I thought the music would suck. Then I hear their music and Im like "Wow"(favorite song of theirs is "Fat Bottomed Girls").

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Actually, I didn't like MITM either when I first saw it--as much as it shames me to admit it. :D I got hooked on reruns. I was watching whatever came on before it that day, then when MITM came on I lost interest and went to do something else. When I came back it was still on and I saw this little kid talking to a big orange ball and I thought "What is this crap? Why is this stupid kid talking to a ball?" The episode was Health Scare and the "stupid kid" was Dewey talking to Bernard the Hampster when he let him go. I thought it was dumb so I turned it off. :D The next day they showed Christmas so watched a little (just to give it a chance) and started to think it was pretty funny. I began to like the characters and their personalities. The rest is history. :D

reese35

For me, South Park. You think you'll turn the clicker fast as look at it, but after a while, it grows on you.

Jimmy Junior

I didn't think i liked Family Guy until I saw it; I thought it was like King of the Hill (which I still don't like) - an unfunny Simpsons rip-off.
At the time I worked with a guy who talked about it all the time, so I downloaded an episode just to confirm my dislike.

I now have 3 Family Guy DVDs which I watch regularly.

han_keep_smilin

The film Dodgeball i really did not think i would like it but them i saw it and now i love it!:D it is so funny:)

I saw some of the first eps of malcolm in the middle a few years ago and i hated it well i disliked it but i have seen it again and now i love it!!!