The Farewell Card

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Very nice! And thanks alot to Reese35 for putting in the picture of Hal and Lois and fixing the couple of errors in the message itself!

Wemboy

Yeh thanks to everyone involved, and especialy Christina for putting it together. It looks awesome and it's a great tribute. Feels sad to see it though, really hits home that the shows coming to an end.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I Love the card!! You did a great job, Wildcat and Reese35. I hope the MITM guys will like it, too.

Malcoholic

The booklet looks beautiful! Special thanks to Wildcat and to Reese35. I really enjoyed reading all the thoughts expressed in the messages; I'm sure the cast and crew will too.

reese35

Yeah, we did good work, didn't we, Christina? Creating the PDFs, combining images and the card, constant reminders from yours truly :p... I hope the MitM team enjoys this!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No, that's because you used USPS. I told you--don't use the post office! They have the worst tracking system ever! My DHL tracking number was continuously updated and even included the exact time of delivery and the signature that Alex Hart the receptionist signed and received it. Your tracking number will be updated, at most, once per day. A lot of times I find they update it once during the whole course of delivery, and it's not updated when it's delivered so you'll never know...

Don't say I didn't warn you. And I'll bet you didn't save much money over DHL either.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Okay, Okay. You're right. Only problem is that I could only find DHL dropboxes that are close to me. An actual DHL store is like 20 miles away and I didn't feel like driving that far. ;) I checked out how much it would be for UPS and that would have been something like $10.00 (they would have charged it as a 1 lb. package) so that idea was quickly dismissed. :D

I was just reading about the usps tracking and it appears that we won't see anything until the package is actually delivered to the location. The stupid woman gave me a "delivery confimation" slip, rather than a tracking slip. I specifically told her "I want to get a tracking number for this." Stupid....I could use a few choice names to descibe how I feel about her intelligence, but it would probably be best that I didn't. At least we'll know when it gets there. Sorry. You told me so. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah, sure. I'll believe their "delivery confirmation" system works when I see it. I have something against the post office too, but for completely different reasons than Walmart. :D

reese35

Ah, who gives a crap about delivery services? ;) Point is the card's off, and at this point, it'll get there before shooting stops for good.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Good point. :)

Are there any other places of business that you have something against, Sam? Just so I'll know for future reference. :D :D

Oh, and it is being updated along the way. I just checked it and it says it will be updated each evening. So you were right about it only being updated once a day. That's better than not at all though. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
We actually don't know that it will get there. It's the post office after all and Christina didn't order quality tracking for us to know for sure. :D

Actually, yes, there's a few other establishments I don't patronize. Applebees, IHOP, Sony, uhh, I think that's it. But I have some places that I like and occassionally go out of my way to patronize too. Like Target, and a couple of local places.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
If the delivery confirmation works like it should, we will know when it gets there.

I really hope I'll get to prove you wrong. :D

And we finally agree on something...I hate Applebees and IHOP too. :D