How would you end MitM?

Wemboy

I agree, really nice ideas. You got a reputation point for it (lol I like that stupid system )

I'd like to see Reese as a professional cook at the end, since it's the only thing he's really good at (except bullying of course.). He could be the one who cooks the meal for the whole familiy when they're saying farewell to Malcolm in a 5-Star-Hotel or something like that.

Gifted art school would be nice for Dewey too. But I think it would be much funnier if he keeps on writing operas and requiems and ends up as a rich wunderkind like Mozart or so.

The girl thing is a nice idea too. I'm thinking of a scene that shows Malcolm or Reese in the future with a behaviour that's exactly Hal's and a girl who's exactly like Lois.

EDIT: There, I figured something out. Piama already is like Lois. Dominant, manipulative and scary. Noone would like to mess with her too. And Francis kinda becomes a pussy like Hal when she is around. That's the first time I realized this.

Well, there are soooo many possibilities for an ending. I don't even think that the end will be close to one that's described here. We know the storys and we know the storywriters. I think they will come up with something very different from our ideas, something even more astonishing and weird.

I'd like to see Reese as a professional cook at the end, since it's the only thing he's really good at (except bullying of course.).

Well those two things go together pretty well if you've ever seen Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey! So maybe he really could go all the way to the top.

Hendrix

arach said:
EDIT: There, I figured something out. Piama already is like Lois. Dominant, manipulative and scary. Noone would like to mess with her too. And Francis kinda becomes a pussy like Hal when she is around. That's the first time I realized this. :confused:

:cool:
There's definately been hints to that. Piama stole Lavernia's parakeet for god's sakes!

daniel1985

tjpeople! "...and then I got one of Malcolm's shirts" is a quote from the show (my favourite scene) in the episode Experiment when Reese is re-enacting his day for Malcolm and Stevie. I didn't actually get one of his shirts myself mate. Crossed wires!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
i c, get it now - i should have noticed, its a GOOD EP! - would be cool if you really had one of his shirts - join grouper u know u want 2!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
If i could end MitM it would go like this, It would be a 1hr special and:

Malcolm would apply to every college out there. After getting no reply he would become depressed and go mental. Reese would attempt to calm him by telling malcolm how he became a chef and how many people he had to hurt to do it(a nice tie in of his bullying/cook sklls) Dewey would be discovered by a con-artist, using the money saved for Malcolm college,1,500 dollars, Dewey is taken to a "talent shop"(really an old burned out building, but the con-artist says it's art.). But using his cuteness, like in season 1, he escapes and decides to walk home, he relises that he has a good life compared to what he saw in the "talent shop". He meets an old friend(the biker gang from waterpark) and they take him home again. Francis moves into the house next to his family saying "It was cheap, no one wanted to live here, and it was close to my family, so I bought it." The mental Malcolm concides with his only friend Francis and he is calmed down back to sanity.

Thats all I have for now.

S

sullie1505

A MitM movie

I recently started a thread on the MitM forum on FOX "Any ideas for the final episode of mitm" One girl said that there should be a movie to end it, I did'nt think it was a bad idea so i have decided to post it here. Does anyone else think that a movie is a good idea? What do you think should happen in the movie??

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: A MitM movie

I've always thought a movie would be a poor way to go out; they would try too hard and fail miserably. I think a good hour long special is best.

admin

Retired Administrator
TV to Movie, usually fails. A few examples include Cagney and Lacey and Rugrats the movie, they are just rubbish. Especially when the same actors are used.

The only example of a succesful transition I can think of is, The Fugitive, but that is a totally different set of actors than the original 1960s TV series.. And of course MASH, that was a good film and tv series.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
If anything, a movie should have been for the baby(baby1/baby2) out of everything, that was the only part that i saw an opprotunity for a movie. MITM isn't a "movie show". It just wouldn't have been the same if there was a movie.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
They probably could have succeeded wtih the Reese Joins the Army miniseries too. But the thing there was that it was so dramatic...almost suspenseful instead of funny, and that may have not done as well as a movie, because people would expect comedy from MITM.

MITM-Fan

The very last episode of MITM

What do you think the story will be about?
Do you have something special planned for this day?

Well, I got something like this in mind:

An episode with a basic plot and some flashbacks on the best episodes...what we had a couple of times ago. A two-part episode would be great...and the basic plot would be about Malcolm moving away from his family to e.g. college or something. One of the last sequences would be Malcolm sitting on his old bed (short flashback to the pilot's cold open), one suitcase on his left and one on his right, saying something like "Well, I finally made it...I'm taking on the next level of my life. But do you really know what the best thing about childhood is?" [short flashback clips are shown] "Yeah, you guessed it."
A girlfriend honks outside in her car (cabrio^^ )...whole family saying good-bye...Malcolm gets in the car...everyone waving...Lois to Hal: "For how long will HE stick to us?" Zoom on Reese who is looking very puzzled in Malcolm's direction. Hal: "I don't know Honey..I don't know (in a desperate tone)" Zoom on Jamie. Zoom on Dewey (under tears...he has to stick with Reese :D ) : "I'll miss you!" Side-view on Malcolm and his girlfriend in the car, he looks briefly into the cam and winks one eye. Cam rolls till both are being filmed from behind driving away...THE END. :D
All in all, it has to be sad...what do you think?

allison

Re: The very last episode of MITM

Sounds cool. I have no idea what the last episode could be about, but you´re probably right that Malcolm will go to college or something. I´m not sure about the girlfriend, though. :D
Maybe they´ll come up with something totally different, something nobody would ever expect. :D That would be really cool. I really hope the family won´t move away. I hate sitcoms that end this way, it always kind of depresses me. It´s a good idea with the flashbacks, though it shouldn´t be a clipshow. And an 1 hour episode of course would be great.
Maybe another Wilkerson secret will be revealed. I can´t say I´m looking forward to it since it will be the last episode, but it would be really interesting to know what it´s going to be about.

MITM-Fan

for the whole "girlfriend stuff"...well, some think Malcolm might be gay. :rolleyes: But I don't think so but if it's OK for him, it's OK for me..why not. Let him have a boyfriend. Maybe that would be the "unexpected Wilkerson revealing" :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
is there a unexpected wilkerson revealing i missed? or r u guys just guessing.

i think its unlikly he is gay cuase of the way he has acted with girls but u never know and people do change and he is a teenage and could realise he's gay. however if it where to happen i think it would happen season 6 not end 7.

I dout he would got to collage thats to obvious for mitm. i thin he should get some high flying job straight out of high school, or be the manager of the lucky aide chain and be lois's boss! :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
that would be really funny. What was that season 6 episode, when Lois had to wear this Trainee-Sign? I think that malcolm did already have a certain power over lois in this episode...:confused:

allison

That´s what I think. It probably would be too obvious if Malcolm just went to college, so I think they will come up with something surprising. I don´t know if Malcolm is gay. I actually don´t think so, but this probably won´t be the subject of the last episode.:D
I was refering to all the things that have been revealed in the last couple of episodes (like the fact that Francis spent 6 month (in a dress:D ) at his grandparents´house or when we learned about Hal´s obsessive compulsion to fill in the the E’s, the question marks, the percent signs etc in his encyclopedias).

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Well, I guess we have to wait and see, won't we?

But, this is really interesting, we're getting into subjects i never would have thought of.:D

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I think they need to have Reese start working in a restaurant and be relatively successful doing that.

I think Malcolm will go to college. That's just what kids like Malcolm do. I imagine one of the last scenes being Malcolm in his dorm, arguing on the phone with Lois like Francis always used to do.