How would you end MitM?

arach

What would you do if you could write the last MitM episode?

Would you send Malcolm to College, let Reese merry a real hot girl and start a job as a bodybuilder, send Dewey to an Art-academy or something like that?

Or the complete opposite? Malcolm is going to jail because selling drugs, Reese going to the NASA and becomes an astronaut and Dewey is treated as a complete idiot because once he went to Busey's class?

Use your imagination. ;)

What do you expect from the real ending? What do you think the writers will make of it? Something completely weird, or something everyone expects? Or an episode like all the others without mentioning that that's the end?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yes, I would do the opposite. Lately Reese has been such a mature character, and Malcolm's been just weird. I would continue on that trend to end the ep with Reese "accidentally" doing really well on the ACT or something and every college suddenly begging for him. Reese and Malcolm apply for the same college, and it chooses Reese over Malcolm. Malcolm, now depressed, decides he's not good enough for anything and lives in a cardboard box-type apartment. Dewey, still living at home, sees an opporunity here and depresses Malcolm even more. Meanwhile, Francis is surprised at Reese's sudden success, and embarrassed he couldn't pull himself together.

The lottery tickets Francis bought in "Zoo" were never actually checked. he and Piama scratched them off and they won. They decided that they would pay Otto for all the charges from the Tyme machine, and upon doing this, Francis hoped to receive his job back. Instead, Otto took the money from Francis without hiring him back. Frustrated, Francis leaves the country and leaves Piama.

Hal and Lois are happy that the only two kids left are Dewey and Jamie. Dewey, of course, is the good one, but Jamie is hell to take care of. In the last ten minutes of the episode, we find out that Hal's vesectomy didn't go as planned and Lois is pregnant with another kid.

That concludes the series!

Wouldn't that be classic MITM!?

arach

"In the last ten minutes of the episode, we find out that Hal's vesectomy didn't go as planned and Lois is pregnant with another kid." Yes, that really would be classic. :D

Francis winning the lottery is a nice idea too. But I wouldn't let him pay the money back to Otto. I would say then he has the perfect evidence that he has achieved more than his mother, although she always said that he won't achieve anything in his life because he is undermining everyone's authority. That would be the total victory over his mother, which gives him inner peace and makes him go to Africa doing something for hungry children or so. ;)

But it still could be funnier. It has to be. Everything else wouldn't be MitM. The ending has to be the total hit, otherwise I would be more than disappointed. Really, that is a very difficult situation for the writers, because I think they know that too. I wonder if they have something in petto already.

allison

yardgames said:
Good question, I'll get back to you on it, but I really shouldn't come to the forums when I'm supposed to be writing a report lol.
lol:D

It´s pretty difficult to say how I would end it. Reese is definitely maturing, so I´d make him succeed in something (but don´t ask me in what). Malcolm wants to go to college, but Hal and Lois can´t afford it (You have to pay for going to college, don´t you?) So he gets pretty depressed, especially because he sees that Reese is much more content than he is. When Reese finds out about that, he firstly feels pretty good because this is the first time that Malcolm is jeaolus of him. But then he begins to feel sorry for him a bit. He tries to cheer Malcolm up, but Malcolm is just angry and tells him that he doesn´t need any help from a moron. Reese is pretty offended and they get into a fight. Then he says that Malcolm always wanted to be the special one and that he, in contrast to Reese, really managed to make people believe that he is. So he´s pretty angry that Malcolm can´t accept the fact that this time Reese is better than him. But then Malcolm admits that he doesn´t think that this is true because he always was a littlebit jealous of Reese. When Reese doesn´t believe this Malcolm explains that Reese always had an easier life because of his stupidity, but Malcolm, in contrast, has a brain that never let him be happy.
When Reese realizes that this could be true, he suddenly feels kind of superior. He takes out some money he had hidden under his bed and gives it to Malcolm. Malcolm can´t believe how much money Reese owns, but Reese explains that being a bully who steals other kids´lunchmoney makes you become a rich person over the years.
Malcolm doesn´t want the money but Reese insists on it (otherwise he would kick his butt :D ) and says that Malcolm could pay the money back when he´ll have become a famous doctor or something.
So Malcolm finally goes to college (I know, it´s not very realistic that Reese has saved so much money, but let´s just say Hal and Lois only needed a LITTLE more money to pay for college), Reese still lives at home for a while but then moves out and buys a nice appartment and Dewey composes his own requiems and gets pretty famous. ;) :p

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Maybe if they have enough money to send Malcolm to the crappy college, but can't afford his dream college, it would be more realistic.

It's amazing the ideas we have for this finale. It's gotta be big. Real big. Definitely an hour long. This is one of the most interesting threads we've ever posted, I can't wait to see how it changes.

daniel1985

Wow, this is a tough one. Well firstly it has to be something unexpected (I mean did you see the finale of friends? It was so predictable! It was rubbish, and we can't have that). Secondly of course it has to be very funny.
So I'm thinking that we need Malcolm to leave home and move a long way away so that we can make sure that the show is definitely going to finish for good. I think he should be offered a full scholarship to Oxford University in England. hat way we do not also raise the point of how the family are going to pay for his education. And I know that foreign students can't get scholarships at Oxford but the Americans won't know that!
Reese should meet a girl and become popular because this will signify the changes that he has made to his life in becoming more mature (as he never used to have friends because he was a jerk!).
It would be unrealistic to try and do something big with Lois, Hal, Dewey and Jamie because there is nothing substantial that could change about their lives. Except perhaps that Lois or Hal get a good job somewhere and the family would have to relocate but that would be stupid and pointless.
But I think that Francis and Piama should get married upon finding out that Piama is pregnant. Both because people will think that perhaps Lois may have another baby and that Francis and Piama's marriage will never last so they will not see it coming.
And of course there's Craig. Craig should become famous as the creator of a new comic book superhero which becomes huge as I think this would be his dream and he has had suh a sad life! This storyline could also be made into something really light-hearted and funny with all of the other stuff going on perhaps having to be more serious.
Also I think it might be a good idea for Dewey to grt the dog he always wanted, but then I think I am starting to try and cram too much into one episode.
Anyway, what do you think, any good?

arach

Your Malcolm and Reese plots are very predictable too. And I wouldn't put Craig into the final episode, because I think they should focus on the family in the last episode.

But it would be funny to see Piama pregnant. Or better: She getss pregnant in the first few episodes of the 7th season and then, in the last episode, gives birth to her son, whose first act is biting proud grandma Lois into her finger. :D
That would make it clear that the brutal Wilkerson-genes are passed on to the next generation of evil sons, and that Malcolm in the Middle will never end.
Oh yeah, I'm really holding back my tears thinking of that scene... :eek:

:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, arach, love it.

Yeah, we can't just have Malcolm just leave for college, now can we? What if after he leaves and is convinced he's ditching his family forever, Hal suddenly gets a big promotion in his company that requires the family to relocate to London and be near Malcolm? Now that would be funny and unexpected!

ha03367

I think something serious may be a good end and surprise everyone.

A death of a member of the family or the demolision of the house. Something with a real message to it.

Wemboy

Demolishing the house would actually be pretty funny, it would mean a definite end to the show. I also like the idea of the family relocating to England with malcolm, that would be a good trade off between allowing him to go to college without writing in a totally happy ending. I think he should definitely get to college somehow though, he may irritate some people, but making him live in a horrible apartment and not getting into college is just harsh, come on Yardgames give the poor lad a break!:) The show needs a fairly upbeat ending i think, let's not forget it is a comedy, so they shouldn't make the end really depressing. I like the idea of Piama getting pregnant, not least because they should make sure Francis is back as a central character in the show at the end. As for Reese he should definitely become successful at something, but it should be something really jammy that no one would expect him to make a living from, he always seems to somehow fall on his feet after all. Also it would be good if he was able to help Malcolm out after all their years of arguing. Maybe Reese should be the one that relocates to England with Malcolm and that's how he somehow makes his fortune, that could be even worse for Malcolm than having the rest of the family there. Really interesting thread by the way!:D

arach

I have thought of a few frame conditions the last episode should rely on.

• It should play at home. No trip like in "Vegas" or so. Although that was pretty funny, it would be very untypical for MitM. The last episode should play at home since that is where MitM has started.
  • It should be an end. I don't want them to write a normal episode and then just finish. That would be very poor. I expect something special. You should know that this is the end. And I don't mind if they press on the lachrymal gland (I hope you know what I mean - this is more or less a metaphor in german, I hope it works in English too :D). I even expect them to do that.
  • As I said, it should be something special - but still classic. Very difficult to do that, but possible.
  • OF COURSE it should be funny too. Even if they make it very nostalgic, the shouldn't forget about the humour. I want to laugh and cry at the same time. :D
  • It shouldn't be a flashback episode.
  • It should focus on the family. I want a Malcolm-Dewey-Reese-Francis-Jamie-Lois-Hal-episode.
  • And for everyone of them something should turn out. I don't know what should turn out, or if should turn out good or bad - that should be left to the writers.
Do you agree/disagree with my statements? Any further ideas? :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
"...and then I got one of Malcolm's shirts".

daniel do you actually? thats so cool, how did you get it?

SaD_bUt_TrUe16

i kinda have some ideas:

Reese either goes to culunary school (tho i dont think they can afford it, but maybe he could get ascholarship since he's so good) or he becomes an amazing chef, but he has to start out in a crappy reastraunt because i really don't see him getting straight into a great reastraunt (especially with his records) but somehow someon will try his cooking and he'll realize he can get into a good restraunt to work. This doesn't have to happen on the last ep, it should probably go a couple of eps in the sixth or seventh season.

I like the gifted art school for dewey cuz his smart is more artistic unliike malcolm's which is just hard facts and math and stuff... but i dont have much to say about dewey, he could stay at the house and on the last ep we show him treating toddler jamie like crap like he was always treated... just to show that the cycle lives on...

I hope that near the end of the last season we see which brother Jamie is like... i really dont know which cuz malcolm and dewey r both smart and reese and francis are both trouble makers... so maybe jamie will be a romantic like francis was in the first season (see the krelboryne {sp.} picnic ep) (i got this idea from some spoiler saying jamie is gonna fall in love with another baby, idk if this is true) or dumb like reese or bitchy like malcolm or crazy like dewey was in the first season or really manipulative like lois...the last one would be intresting...

Now malcolm is the hardest, he'd probably get a scholarship but i dont think he'd get a full ride. And after lois and hal pitch in some money he's still low some and maybe Reese will help him out (hey if he's and amazing chef it could happen) or stevie's family or maybe craig...

Francis and piama should have a kid like someone said...i loved that idea...

But i think it'd be kinda funny if one of the boys found a girl that they have a lois hal relationship with... not in the controlling way but in the fact that whichever boy it is will be madly in love with her and he gets her pregnant on the last ep...probably reese (i just see him getting a girl pregnant right outta high school)... i think it'd be good everyone is at the last family dinner before malcolm goes off to college and everyones saying their good byes and reese (w/ his gf there) announce she's pregnant and they're gonna get married... i'd love to see lois and hal's reactions, especially lois's...thisa doesn't have to be the last ep... but it's just and idea and i loved the francis and piama's baby biting lois idea... i would love that...

i also think one of the boy's is meant to be with that girl with the frizzy hair (jessica i think)... cuz she's lois manipulative... probably malcolm... cuz she's smart enough to control him... reese's girl doesn't have to be a genius but i actually think she should be smart cuz it'd be funny not malcolm smart but i think she should have a class or two with malcolm...

ok those were my ideas...

SaD_bUt_TrUe16

I'm sorry i'm adding more to my extremely long reply but i think it'd be really funny if when reese says his gf is pregnant that they make sure we as the audience know she wanted him to keep it a secret (they should get married first)... but that's not the important part i think that at first it'll be the normal reaction... malcolm and dewey (even jamie) will look on in amazement or horror... and lois will get mad... she'll yall at both but then center on the girl, being that the girl will be smarter than reese and should of been smarter about this... but the suprising thing will be when Hal attacks Reese... He'll jump on reese and start attacking him, he'll be choking him and saying stuff about how reese is ruining his and his gf's life... and lois and malcolm and dewey will have to drag hal off reese... i think this would be a good ep... but if it ends like that it shouldn't be the very last ep but near the end... idk i ike this idea

admin

Retired Administrator
Some great ideas you have their SaD_bUt_TrUe16, and welcome to the MITMVC.

Reese going to cooking school is certainly an option, they do frequently bring that into the storyline, the last time was the jams in the Christmas episode this year, so they haven't lost that story line quite yet :D

If I remember rightly there was something about Piama and Francis at the end of the last season which made me think they would have a baby, but the writers appear not to have followed that one up.

Remember SaD_bUt_TrUe16, if you want to edit your post you can, simply click on "Edit" on your post.

I am giving you a couple of reputation points for some excellent ideas. :D If you need any help understanding the system and forums feel free to leave a message in the support forums, most people here will be willing to help you :D

arach

I agree, really nice ideas. You got a reputation point for it (lol I like that stupid system :p)

I'd like to see Reese as a professional cook at the end, since it's the only thing he's really good at (except bullying of course.). He could be the one who cooks the meal for the whole familiy when they're saying farewell to Malcolm in a 5-Star-Hotel or something like that.

Gifted art school would be nice for Dewey too. But I think it would be much funnier if he keeps on writing operas and requiems and ends up as a rich wunderkind like Mozart or so.

The girl thing is a nice idea too. I'm thinking of a scene that shows Malcolm or Reese in the future with a behaviour that's exactly Hal's and a girl who's exactly like Lois. :D

EDIT: There, I figured something out. Piama already is like Lois. Dominant, manipulative and scary. Noone would like to mess with her too. And Francis kinda becomes a pussy like Hal when she is around. That's the first time I realized this. :confused:

Well, there are soooo many possibilities for an ending. I don't even think that the end will be close to one that's described here. We know the storys and we know the storywriters. I think they will come up with something very different from our ideas, something even more astonishing and weird. :cool:

allison

I agree, great ideas sad_but_true (You´ve also received some reputation points from me). :D
It ´s really possible that Reese ends up as a cook. Or writers will come up with something completely different. If you watch "Lois battles Jamie" you get the impression that Jamie will be a trouble maker like Francis and Reese, but of course you can never tell. He just fits into this family, and in this family every kid has these "torture" genes. :D
I agree with arach on the ways the show SHOULDN`T end. It really shoudln´t be a flashback (or clipshow) and I really hope they won´t move house.

SaD_bUt_TrUe16

hey thanx for all the good feedback and all makes me feel good *tear* :p haha but yeah i really think that the boys r all gonna be like hal, cuz there was one ep in one of the earlier seasons where they explored thathal was alot like francis when he was younger but once he met lois it all changed...there was something about a big tatoo that said lois on his (hal's) butt or something but idk for sure... i just know all the boys have that wild gene in them and all have to have a girl (for lack of a better term) suck it out of them... but i think that lois is gonna have many many grandchildren...

but in the francis piama thing they really dont have a full on hal lois relationship... i mean she is very dominating like lois but francis isn't as in love with her as hal is with lois... maybe he'll grow to be like that idk...