How would you end MitM?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Now that the end is almost here ( :( ), what do you actually see happening on the finale of MITM--no spoilers please--this is just your own personal thoughts.

Do you think they will pull some kind of suprising twist that none of us is expecting, or will it be something more predictable? Will it be sort of sad and bittersweet, or will we be laughing our butts off in the final minutes?

I'm thinking they will keep it funny in the true style of MITM, but I don't see anything really unexpected happening. I hope I'm wrong though. I love suprising twists. :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Im sorta affriad its gunna be a twist - i sorta want a nice ending, i dont want to feel real bad after cause they left something - but then again - would be a dramtic way to end.

mummy

I would end it with a brief look at the future of all the main characters. I would have Reese owning his own very sucessful restaurant, (as everyone seems to forget that Reese is a genius in his own way, as he is a master chef is he not?) I would have Dewey as a very sucessful composer and concert pianist. Jamie would be a child genius at school (like Malcolm). Francis and Piama would own the Grotto and be very sucessful business people. Malcolm would be a teacher, earning OK but basic salary, married to someone remarkably like his mother and acting himself not unlike his father, with say three boys who have trashed his home. Ends with Lois and Hal sitting in the garden looking at their grandchildren and photos of their grown up children and saying to each other, "we didnt do too bad of a job in the end, did we?":D

fr3akz

end malcolm?

I would not end MITM.
But it has to end...but they should end MITM with the first sentence:
THIS IS THE WORLD!:)

han_keep_smilin

Re: end malcolm?

I would have a happy ending where everyone gets what they want and the family win the lottery and move to a HUGE house somewere. It would me cool. Francais would take piama to some romatic island ans decide to live there.:D

D

Deleted member 1693

Yes, I would do the opposite. Lately Reese has been such a mature character, and Malcolm's been just weird. I would continue on that trend to end the ep with Reese "accidentally" doing really well on the ACT or something and every college suddenly begging for him. Reese and Malcolm apply for the same college, and it chooses Reese over Malcolm. Malcolm, now depressed, decides he's not good enough for anything and lives in a cardboard box-type apartment. Dewey, still living at home, sees an opporunity here and depresses Malcolm even more. Meanwhile, Francis is surprised at Reese's sudden success, and embarrassed he couldn't pull himself together.

The lottery tickets Francis bought in "Zoo" were never actually checked. he and Piama scratched them off and they won. They decided that they would pay Otto for all the charges from the Tyme machine, and upon doing this, Francis hoped to receive his job back. Instead, Otto took the money from Francis without hiring him back. Frustrated, Francis leaves the country and leaves Piama.

Hal and Lois are happy that the only two kids left are Dewey and Jamie. Dewey, of course, is the good one, but Jamie is hell to take care of. In the last ten minutes of the episode, we find out that Hal's vesectomy didn't go as planned and Lois is pregnant with another kid.

That concludes the series!

Wouldn't that be classic MITM!?

I have to say, that's a really sad ending for Malcolm. Poor guy.