Underrated

reese35

As far as advertising goes, I can honestly say again w/o a doubt that Malcolm in the Middle has become THE MOST UNDERRATED situation comedy program iun the history of American television. Basically, I think we have Fox to blame, not Mr. Milchan, not Linny. All Fox gives a damn about is The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, That 70's Show (I have nothing against those programs, but COME ON! So what if That 70's Show has a 50 episode head start! It's going, too, and THEY have all the promotion!! And the Simpsons into a movie? There are movie SPOOFS every Treehouse of Horror!)! For heaven's sakes, Murdochs, give Malcolm some fighting chance in the limelight again!

Glad that's outta me. :)

rzombie1988

I think MITM has it better off that American Dad though. AD usually isn't even on in it's time slot, whereas Malcolm usually is when footballs not on. It should be promoted more, but it's fox. All fox cares about are its reality shows and football, and you know what eventually they will start to pay for that. When this whole reality show boom cools off, fox is going to be screwed over, and are gonna wish they still had MITM.

YesExactly

Good News from Switzerland (yeah not Sweden)...here the show can be seen on two channels and there's pretty much advertising compared to other shows. Still, it's after reality shows in popularity but about equal if not more popular to the Simpsons.
Anyway..there should be a MITM-Channel where episodes are broadcasted nonstop, 1 season a day, that would fit perfect!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Fox had to care about MITM enough to give Linwood's admittedly risk show a chance six years ago. Maybe interest has waned now, but at least they've kept airing it--now if we could just get them to release those DVDs so we could all make our own MITM channels... :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I agree with Reese35, "that 70's show" seems to be getting all the friggen attention whilst MITM is left out in the cold. And we are only a little over two weeks away from the finale, and have I seen any promotion yet? NO! FOX, I have one message...GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND PROMOTE THE FINALE OF ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS OF ALL TIME. Oh and a second message...RELEASE THE REST OF THE SHOW ON DVD! BEFORE I DIE WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO DO IT.:D

reese35

You know, it's ridiculous. According to the info I read on WB18.com (my Malcolm affiliate), it won 5 Emmys and a Peabody. Does Fox give a damn? HA!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
FOX doesn't seem to care because Malcolm's ratings are low right now(which I don't see WHY that has transipred because MITM is so good), and FOX could care less if a show is funny or not, they care about ratings. They could take a really crappy show and throw it on the air and just because it gets rating they promote the crap out of it, but with Malcolm, one of the best shows on tv, they couldn't care less about it.
Oh, and another little fact I just remembered: I remember reading in entertainment magazines that back in 1999/2000, FOX was starting to go under because of the lack of good shows. Simply put, they were loosing ratings big time. Then, in early Janurary 2000, they got MITM, which skyrocketed to the top of the ratings and kicked FOX back in high gear. At the time, FOX was glad to have Malcolm, but then they started getting other shows that are big in ratings, such as 24 and American Idol, and FOX casted MITM to the sidelines.
Great way to pay back the show which saved the network, huh?

reese35

Yeah, back then, promotions up the wazoo! Did you know that on the season 1 set there was a collection of commercials of Malcolm (disc 3)?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah--it was the most hyped Pilot episode for a TV show ever--I believe it was Linwood who said in the commentary that he thought he was probalby the only producer tired of seeing advertisements for his own show. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Yeah, I saw that on the dvd extra thing. The extras on the first season set were excellent, if you ask me. And it IS confirmed in the extras that the family's last name is Wilkerson.
While we are on the subject, who has watched all the extras on the set(this question goes to those who have the first season on dvd)? What is your favorite extra? I have a couple. I liked Erik's extra(Dewey's day job), the bloopers were funny, and the cold openers were funny too(Bryan's explanation of how they have a saying if they don't have time to add stuff for high def tv's: FHD, which means...um....'Expletive' high def:D ).

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I've watched them all. :D I like the commentaries--I've watched those a couple of times. I think my favorite line is from Linwood about the Pilot: "If you can't be naked in your own damn house, what are you buying a house for??"

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Dewey's day job was really funny because I just liked seeing what he does in his personal life, and I think it's neat instead of getting into trouble like many other "celebrity"(i hate that word) kids, Erik helps his dad out at that restraunt.
But that game he plays with his friends? The spitball thing...not sure Id spend an afternoon doing that, but whatever.:D

simon_4420

It's so wrong, it makes you mad to think just how little advertising MITM gets!:mad: Its so annoying, and not only that I think its kind of an insult to the cast and crew to see all their hard work be underrated. Its too late now for Fox to do anything, but they could make an effort to get the DVD'S out!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Yeah, it's one week till the finale and I haven't seen any promotions on Fox yet for the finale. Just watch...they'll wait until the very last second and then release one. Jackasses.

reese35

At least there's one thing I can count on in O-Town - local Malcolm
Promotion. Recently, I got one of the radio promos from WB18 (soon to be CW18), WKCF.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R1509J1Q

It's gonna sound a little odd - I recorded it from the car speaker to the phone and it was unexpected seeing as the volume fluctuates. Don't worry, here's the transcript.
Spoiler for Malcolm radio promo:
WB18 has got the biggest laughs…
(Hal laughing)
…The funniest jokes…

Lois: Are you crazy?!
Reese: No… just completely disrespectful.
…and all the very best episodes of Malcolm in the Middle.

Malcolm: There’s something seriously wrong with this family.
We’ve got the most disturbing…

Hal: |When I start to wiggle, my nipples, they will jiggle…|
…the most flatulent…

(self explanatory)
…episodes of all time.

Hal: Don’t tell me this doesn’t do something for you.
Malcolm in the Middle – today at 5:00 on WB18, Your Home for Laughs.
(whistle)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
So let me get this straight...WB promotes Malcolm, a show that's not even THEIRS, yet FOX doesn't give Malcolm anything...huh.:confused:
I swear FOX is run by a pack of jackasses.

reese35

tony_montana said:
So let me get this straight...WB promotes Malcolm, a show that's not even THEIRS, yet FOX doesn't give Malcolm anything...huh. :confused:
I swear FOX is run by a pack of jackasses.
Actually, it's just a local station.

rzombie1988

tony_montana said:
Yeah, it's one week till the finale and I haven't seen any promotions on Fox yet for the finale. Just watch...they'll wait until the very last second and then release one. Jackasses.

What's even better is how Fox hasn't even aired MITM the last two weeks. Fox really doesn't care about MITM do they? Then again a repeat of the Simpsons instead of MITM is just so important afterall.