Frankie Muniz hinting at 'Malcolm in the Middle' sequel?!

MITM97

BREAKING NEWS: Frankie Muniz posted this on Twitter-

@frankiemuniz: How fun would "Malcolm In The Mid-life Crisis" be? I wonder what Malcolm and his family would be up to now!
https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/640987039630950400

We need to post this on the homepage we must get the show restarted when I read this I was a thrilled! ��
I've been searching the net and other websites have posted articles about this to, hopefully this will happen!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi,

Thank you for this very interesting and exciting tidbit! :thumbup:

I just moved your post to a new thread, and re-edited it a little, and included a Twitter link.

Todd Van Luling from the Huffington Post replied to this tweet: "Any consideration to do this reboot for real?", to which Frankie replied:

"Just gaging interest... We'll see..."

The Huffington Post turned this exchange into a brief article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/frankie-muniz-malcolm-middle-reboot_55edd4b4e4b03784e27639ab

Frankie Muniz Suggests 'Malcolm In The Mid-Life Crisis' Reboot
What if life continued to be unfair to Malcolm?

Todd Van Luling
Entertainment Staff Writer, The Huffington Post

Posted: 09/07/2015 03:40 PM EDT | Edited: 09/07/2015 04:40 PM EDT

Perhaps "Malcolm in the Middle" will be the latest reboot to join "Full House" and "Boy Meets World."

Nine years after he retired his starring role as the centric Malcolm, Frankie Muniz tweeted about a hypothetical show exploring where the lives of his character, along with Lois, Hal, Francis, Reese and Dewey, had ended up after all this time.

Anyone who watched "Breaking Bad" knows how Hal ended up, but fans of the aughts sitcom might be just as excited as Muniz to know how things have gone for the other characters. Perhaps Malcolm would no longer even be the one in the middle.

Perhaps Reese or even Francis would now be the centermost. Lois was arguably the meanest all along.
I think we'll have to wait how serious this is. It could be a kind of off the cuff remark, like Frankie said he would buy the Los Angeles Clippers after the racist scandal.

But let's hope for the best!

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
As Malcolm France has just written on this subject, it looks like just a brainwave from Frankie, an idea he's toying with.

It would be quite hard to get on board people like Justin Berfield again, who's a fulltime producer now behind the scenes, and Erik Per Sullivan, who's apparently chosen near-total anonymity. And how about Linwood Boomer and his team of authors? Would Bryan Cranston, now very well known for his dramatic roles, welcome the idea?

Frankie may have come up with the notion after the buzz around the Netflix-initiated follow-ups to Arrested Development and Full House (Fuller House), the Girl Meets World sequel to Boy Meets World etc., so it may not be out of the question.

Rich

MITM97

Bryan Cranston along with Frankie Muniz wants a Malcolm in the Middle revival!
Link: http://www.durhamregion.com/whatson-story/5840659-bryan-cranston-wants-more-malcolm-in-the-middle/

Bryan Cranston wants more Malcolm in the Middle

Bryan Cranston would like to star in new episodes of 'Malcolm in the Middle'.

The Emmy Award winning actor was recently quizzed about which role he'd like to revisit - but surprisingly it isn't his breakthrough role as Walter White in the acclaimed 'Breaking Bad'.

Bryan says he'd love to return to the old sitcom which also starred Frankie Muniz.

He told 'Entertainment Tonight Canada': "Right now, I think, I look back on 'Malcolm In The Middle'. It's been 10 years since we went off the air and it'd be fun to pick up that guy's clothes again and be fun and sweet and adorable and hapless and clueless and afraid of everything."

As for drug dealer Walter White - a role that earned the star numerous accolades - Bryan believes the anti-hero's story has been told entirely.

He added: "I don't have a yearning to go back into [Walter's] world because we just covered it completely I think."

The 59-year-old star also revealed that despite his millions, he isn't interested in buying fancy cars or other material objects, and would instead prefer to spend money on experiences like travelling the world.

Bryan explained: "What I would spend my money on is travel, and just experiences. The older I get, the less things I want and the more experiences I want. You can't guarantee an experience but you can create opportunities for experience.

"In other words if you have a dinner party and you invite certain people who are curious and interesting and fiery or whatever, you're creating an opportunity to have a lively exchange of ideas and thoughts, or oh my god someone tells a joke and it's hilarious or whatever. But if you never have that dinner party then you won't. So you constantly put yourself in a position to have an experience."

MITM97

Yes! When I saw the article I was bursting with joy, now it's definetly more possible of Malcolm in the Middle starting up again! I am still searching the net and more and more sites are circulating this great news!

MITM97

Just checked Reddit and Frankie just did an AMA at 3 PM Eastern Time. So it appears Jane Kaczmarek is also interested and even Linwood Boomer expressed interest. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3lc48p/frankie_muniz_here_ask_me_anything/

Kilalemon: Do you mind that you've been defined by your role as Malcolm in Malcolm in the Middle, or do you wear it proudly?
RealFrankieMuniz: I don't mind at all. I mean, it's one of those things ya know when I was in the show, people were saying "oh you don't want to be typecast or stereotyped as Malcolm - you want to move on and get done what you can." So I listed to them a little bit.

But now I look back, it's cool that people recognized me for something, especially something I dedicated my life to for 7 years. People still tell me they watch the show and love it - it makes me feel good. I appreciate they do that and don't mind hearing Malcolm 100 times a day because I'm still known for something.

You'd rather be known as something than nothing, right?

mrlambert: Hey Frankie! What are the chances of one more season of Malcolm in the Middle?
RealFrankieMuniz: Well, it's kind of interesting because I don't know if was like a week ago, I randomly had a dream where we were filming MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE but it was taking place now. Ya know, I'm turning 30 this year and the last episode aired like 10 years ago. And I thought it would be really really fun to see where everyone was.

So, I tweeted that, and people responded really positively. And news groups picked up. I wrote the creator [Linwood Boomer] an email asking if he would be interested in the possibility. He shared my email with Jane and Bryan and they both responded with very positive messages and they would love to do it.

It's been kind of weird in the last week or so, but it's definitely possible it could happen again. I don't know how long it would be - a week, a season, 7 more seasons. But it could definitely happen. It's cool because Jane and Bryan are interested, and Bryan is a Hollywood GOD right now, and it's cool he'd say yes to it.

I'm not a writer or anything, but it's cool to think we could see where everyone is. With it being on Netflix right now, I'm getting a lot of emails that are saying "I've just binge-watched 7 seasons" or "please, please, please, write more" - that's pretty cool.

RoflPancakeMix: That's so exciting! What about Erik, Justin and Chris? Are they interested too?
RealFrankieMuniz: I've emailed Justin, and waiting to hear back. I called Erik and so I have his answer. I still haven't reached out to Chris yet, but it's just about gauging interest and seeing where everyone is.

(...)

When I was on the show, I probably would have said that I like doing movies better. Now that I've stepped away for such a long time, and I think back on my experiences, definitely being on the show was amazing and I would LOVE the opportunity to do that again - especially with what were' talking about.

You become a family on the show - you spend all your time together and get really close. You get to hang out and get to know each other in all your time together. It was really really nice, the relationship that you build.

Movies are fun because you start them and it's a whole new cast and crew, and then you finish it and everyone loves it and then it goes away and you're on to the next thing.

Long story short - I prefer TV. There's an excitement going "what did the writer's come up with?" I would always get excited about bringing a girl on, and thinking "Oh do I get to kiss her?" So that was always fun.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for doing this research MITM97! This is the first time since the show ended that I feel like a reunion could actually happen. Which would be very awesome, as long as they don't recast anyone, if they aren't interested (Erik) then don't include them.

MITM97

Yeah I'm not sure why Frankie mentioned Erik if he may not even be interested. I definitely think their is a chance of a revival in the near future, hopefully.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks for your wonderful contributions, MITM97! Who would have thought that the stars and crew would be considering a reunion, or even a follow-up series?!

I added the full quotes again, because you know what it is with the internet (at least I do! :p): the link you post today may be changed or gone tomorrow!

Best,

Rich

MITM97

My pleasure I love the show! Well actually I'm more like addicted, I'm always searching for news about the show, so I'll make sure I post as much as I can find new info! I really hope a revival of some sort takes off soon be it a movie a lone episode or even a season!

Richiepiep

Administrator
Ha, thanks again for your efforts and comments!

I suppose that being "more like addicted" is one of the best qualifications one can possibly have for this site! ;)

Best,

Rich

MITM97

I think it would be cool if they realesed a revival series of Malcolm in the Middle on January 9th 2016 to coincide with the shows 16th anniversary. Probably won't be released on that date but it's an idea so who knows. :)