Remaking the official site (completely unofficial)

reese35

Fox's Malcolm web site layout hasn't been changed in how many years? I thought I could tweak it up a little bit.

reese35

Re: fox.com/malcolm

I'm not really going to, it was just for fun. But should a redesign happen, I'm on top of it.

reese35

The site's updated well; it's the layout - the pictures are from the 3rd season and we're well into the 7th!

samboo1

Well good!
Your layout is much better than Fox's, not to mention updated! I cant believe the quality of fox's other shows' sites! The simpsons! If only Malcolm was like that! BBC's Malcolm site is also rediculously outdated. They are airing season 5 but showing season 3 pics.
Overall if only Fox's site was more like yours:D

MITM18

No kidding aside, they will not even look at it, sorry. If they change the layout, it will be in flash.

Dewey

Minimalistic

@Reese35 - great job!!! - it's impressive - even better than the official site.

Are you the same person that created the insiders guide to MITM some weeks ago? If so, you have a real talent for this kind of thing...you considering a career in publishing by any chance? :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Its nice, but MITM18 is right, it aint professional enought. good content idea tho. If you could master flash them you would be away. david does a little so he might be able to come up with something. We did the whole journal thing a while back cuase we liked how it used to be on the fox site, and that was in flash, maybe this could be our new project?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

When you say "our" do you mean you'll think of a few ideas and ask David to put it together? :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

well i mean dont really mean our, but in the sense thats its a calaberation of some of the members on the forum.

doesnt really matter though

CJman327

Re: Official Malcolm Website--Remade!

MITM18's right. I can hardly even see it! But I don't want to bring you down, man. The site layout rocks!:D . Like YG said, offer it to FOX!:)

reese35

If it's all right with David, I'd like to issue a contest. You guys can send me how you think the Malcolm site should be remade. I'll issue my top 5 and you guys can vote on them. He who wins, I'll take it to Fox. (And MITM18, if this flops in my face, I won't take any "I told you so"s or anything of that matter.)

Amigo22

Super Moderator

That looks cool Reese35. I agree that the OS is waaaay overdue for a revamp. Same with the BBC site too. FOX must have lost their writer or something too because they have stopped writing episode recaps in the form of Malcolm's journal, which IMO is a lot better than just posting the episode description instead.

I remember another site that used to have Journal entries which were written differently to the OS, they were better and more detailed. But the site eventually went offline after the 2nd season.