Creepiest movie moment

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I was just wondering about this too:D ...What is everyone's opinion on the creepiest movie moment? I am casting my vote for the part in "Silence of the Lambs"(great movie if you have never seen it) when the killer Buffalo Bill is putting on the makeup and then he gets a camera and records himself. He dressed himself as a woman and danced around and then(sick creepy part) to look more like a woman, he took his...um...how can I say this....."fireman" and tucked it between his le.....:Sick:
Look, just go see the movie. Youll see what Im talking about.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I refuse to watch Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal too. They're just too gory. I don't mind scary stuff, but I don't like overly excessive gore.

I'm going to have to go with The Shining when little Danny is riding his tricycle down the hall and sees the twins in blue dresses. One minute they're perfectly normal, then the next they're butchered and bloody with blood all over the walls and an an ax lying beside them on the floor. Freaks me out every time. Hell, the whole movie freaks me out. The book was better though. They screwed up the ending in the movie. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wildcat said:
I refuse to watch Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal too. They're just too gory. I don't mind scary stuff, but I don't like overly excessive gore.

I'm going to have to go with The Shining when little Danny is riding his tricycle down the hall and sees the twins in blue dresses. One minute they're perfectly normal, then the next they're butchered and bloody with blood all over the walls and an an ax lying beside them on the floor. Freaks me out every time. Hell, the whole movie freaks me out. The book was better though. They screwed up the ending in the movie. :D
I've never seen the Shining, but it certainly doesn't sound gory at all. :D

Kratos

Has to be the Chuckie movies for me, they are just SOOOOO werid! You cant help but be freaked out by its sheer creepness. :D :eek:

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
yardgames said:
I've never seen the Shining, but it certainly doesn't sound gory at all. :D

It's really not even though it kinda sounds like it. That's the goriest scene in the whole movie and it's only on the screen for like 3 seconds. I don't mind a little gore. I just don't like the peeling people's faces off and eating their brains type of gore. :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I don't get very freaked out at scary movies, I laugh. The Exorsist(it's was a while ago, I think thats the name) Me and my friends were laughing very hard through that movie... people exploding, head choped off, smashed against wall, shattering their skulls and geting their brains squezed out(I'm just chuckled) is very funny to me.

samboo1

I just typed out a really long post but submitting it didnt work and so i lost it all...im not typing it again...to sum it up...
-I laugh at scary movies as well J.
-White Noise and The Ring freaked me out coz whenever i look at a tv or my computer now when im trying to get to sleep i see flickers and ghosts etc...
-The 3 shadows in White Noise freak me out...dunno why.
- I dont get freaked out by blood and all that gory stuff.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
J. said:
I don't get very freaked out at scary movies, I laugh. The Exorsist(it's was a while ago, I think thats the name) Me and my friends were laughing very hard through that movie... people exploding, head choped off, smashed against wall, shattering their skulls and geting their brains squezed out(I'm just chuckled) is very funny to me.

What exorcist did you watch? I don't remember people exploding, shattering skulls and getting their brains squeezed out! Was this the orginal or a remake? I saw it a long time ago so maybe I just don't remember. And I think I watched it on regular tv so some of it could have been edited.

I laugh at stupid scary movies like the Friday the 13th and Nighmare on Elmstreet series. The idiot teenagers that are always in those movies are so stupid that they deserve to be killed...brutally. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, to be honest I didn't say scariest thing youv'e seen, I said CREEPIEST thing(like something in a movie that's just so damn weird and creepy).

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
theblinddevil said:
The hannibal series is great. One of the reasons why is because it isn't cheasy. It dosent have people with masks on or zombies or anything. Ok you may not like gory things, but they are actually excellent movies even if you took the gore out. Ok yes he does make the guy eat a bit of his own brain but it is done in a sophisticated way sort of.

Ok im not trying to go against everything you say :)D), but i really didn't find the shining creepy. I mean it is a classic and nicely acted and everything but i dont know, it is obvious that he is going to try and kill his famiy, they drop enough hints and it really isnt that gory or even creepy to me. Don't get me wrong i did like the movie and i know it was made years ago.. well i guess the book did it better.

I can't really think of my creepist movie moment, i havent really seen many non-cheasy horror movies so it is kinda hard to pick a good one.

Are you sure you're not trying to disagree with everything I say? :D The Hannibal movies do sound like they are excellent. I've heard all about them. :D If it wasn't for the gore factor, I'd actually like to see them, but a friend of mine who doesn't scare/get grossed out easily said that they are extremely gory and frightening, especially the second one. And how does a guy being forced to eat his own brain qualify as sophisticated? :D I think the fact that they are so well done and realistic is what makes them so scary. They aren't your run-of-the-mill cheesy horror flicks so everything seems so much more believable. I mean, something like that could actually happen.

I also agree that the shining isn't scary, overall. But there are a few moments in there that make you jump the first time you see it. I basically chose it because it's a classic and it doesn't fall into the category of cheesy horror movie. As you mentioned, most of them are so crappy it's hard to to choose. :) Like the Hannibal movies, it is done in a sophisticated way that's creepy, but not cheesy (though without as much blood and gore. :D )

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Wildcat said:
Are you sure you're not trying to disagree with everything I say? :D The Hannibal movies do sound like they are excellent. I've heard all about them. :D If it wasn't for the gore factor, I'd actually like to see them, but a friend of mine who doesn't scare/get grossed out easily said that they are extremely gory and frightening, especially the second one. And how does a guy being forced to eat his own brain qualify as sophisticated? :D I think the fact that they are so well done and realistic is what makes them so scary. They aren't your run-of-the-mill cheesy horror flicks so everything seems so much more believable. I mean, something like that could actually happen.

I also agree that the shining isn't scary, overall. But there are a few moments in there that make you jump the first time you see it. I basically chose it because it's a classic and it doesn't fall into the category of cheesy horror movie. As you mentioned, most of them are so crappy it's hard to to choose. :) Like the Hannibal movies, it is done in a sophisticated way that's creepy, but not cheesy (though without as much blood and gore. :D )

The Hannibal series does not have an over abundance of gore. Sure it has blood, but it has to. It's a very sophisticated movie though, definatly not cheesy. Just go rent Silence of the Lambs, wildcat. You'll like the movie!

Jimmy Junior

The creepiest thing I have ever seen on TV was a television drama, first shown in four parts in about 1991 when I would have been about 10 years old.
It was called Chimera; it was about a human/ape hybrid (called Chad)which was bred by a research clinic in the countryside.
At the end of the first part Chad let himself out of his cage, killed all the staff in the clinic with the knife they used to chop his fruit, burned down the clinic to kill all the patients, and went on the run.

A search party armed with flamethrowers went to track him down in the woods, but he jumped out of a tree and formed a firebomb out of a flamethrower, killing the search party.

Chad went into hiding in a nearby farm and befriended the farmer's children who called him 'Mr Scarecrow' due to the shabby clothes he had found to wear. During a boardgame with the children he became frustrated, threw the board across the room and went to sulk in the corner. This was the first time the viewers got to see him.

The locals in the village became suspicious when the farmer's son took Chad's shopping list which consisted mainly of fruit (spelled 'frut') and the boy had difficulty explaining the poor handwriting on the list and the whereabouts of his parents. A group of local people went to the farmhouse where they found the farmer and his wife dead, hidden behind a curtain. By this time Chad was on the run again, but was found by the husband of one of the patients in the clinic and shot dead with a hunting rifle.

When the police searched the home of the head research scientist they found a video of the breeding programme in which he was shown explaining that the chimera could turn against his breeders and become psychopathic. It also revealed that several chimeras had previously escaped from the clinic and their locations were unknown.

I found a couple of links:
http://www.history.kessler-web.co.uk/Guide/Chimera.htm
http://www.zone-sf.com/chimeratv.html
Although tame by today's standards, I thought it was really scary at the time.

han_keep_smilin

samboo1 said:
-White Noise and The Ring freaked me out coz whenever i look at a tv or my computer now when im trying to get to sleep i see flickers and ghosts etc...
-The 3 shadows in White Noise freak me out...dunno why.
- I dont get freaked out by blood and all that gory stuff.

yeh it freeks me out hwhen its dark and the tv is there i imagine three ghosts and stuff from white noise and in white noise if anyone has seen it there is a ranodm lorry drive past and it nearly gave me a heart attack its not even supposed to be sary:D

also in the ring the girls face scared me:)

I LOVE scary films!!:)

simon_4420

I think the creepiest thing that I can think of (which many not seem that creepy) was in the film Seven, when they realise that they couldn't find any finger prints because the killer had been cutting the skin off of his finger tips. In the film it doesn't come off as that creepy/ scary, it just creeped me out when I thought about it ,to think that insane people have no limits as to what they do to themselves and to others, if that makes sense

xDarkDovex

Are you guys ever really creeped out and look behind yourselves often?

-I get scared by the T.V. when it has the static stuff.
-I sometimes get scared looking it the mirror... I think my face will change or someone will be behind me.

-Tessa.

samboo1

Ill add to mine, since i went to see Final Destination 3 the other day. The whole trio of those movies seem to make me look away everytime there is a death. *shudders*

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
samboo1 said:
Ill add to mine, since i went to see Final Destination 3 the other day. The whole trio of those movies seem to make me look away everytime there is a death. *shudders*

The Final Destination series is my favorite out of the cheesy, mediocre horror movie genre. It's different than all the others cause the killer isn't a psychopath or a monster but fate/death its self. I also like the theme that you can't espcape your destiny. I haven't seen the third one yet though.