BIG change to TV Tome

admin

Retired Administrator
TV Tome has totally gone now, replaced by some new flashy TV.com, it looks good but its far too commercial.

Its removed all the friendliness of TV Tome, and there malcolm in the middle editor keeps stealing our top stories.

If you have the time, check back frequently to check the MITM editor isn't stealing any of our stuff - episode guides, spoilers etc. At least with credit anyway.

Any thoughts on the new TV Tome - does TV Tome leach from specific fansites?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, design-wise, it looks nice, but it's really slow. I mean, I feel lag whenever I try to do anything and I have a cable modem, so I can't imagine what dial-up users are experiencing!

Anyway, it seems like they're trying to get rid of every other TV show on the net! I mean, they even rate every episode now. That used to be what was unique about the VC. CNET is taking over the Internet; I swear, soon every site is going to be branded by CNET.

admin

Retired Administrator
MITM18 said:
What do you meen they steal your headlines?
Thats exactly what I mean, we find the MITM stories, and then a few hours later they appeared on TV Tome. I worked it out, because some of our stories were found a few months after they were actually released ie the Frankie buying a new home story, and I had just put it in for a bit of a filler. I am not complaining about that really. I just don't like the new design really - they have removed features such as "links" to fansites. Clearly attempts to make themsleves the only tv sites around. Luckily their MITM forum is dead - and I hope it stays like that

MITM18

Couldnt it just be that they are finding news headlines on malcom in the middle aswell?

Its not like your stories are exclusive

yardgames

Retired Administrator
@MITM18 it's not like you're the exclusive person that has exclusive content.

@David: yes, they're trying to monopolize the television sector of the Internet--CNET is trying to monopolize everything, but the forums are prolly dead right now because they replaced them when tv.com replaced tvtome.com

admin

Retired Administrator
Please note that this thread is a discussion about the changes to TV Tome, and not a tit for tat arguement about who gets news for the site.

MITM18 only gets spoilers and spoiler related clips, I get all the other news via my own variety of sources - hopefully that will clear up anything the "news" argument in this thread.

Back on topic, yeah I noticed they replaced the forums. I don't think the forums on TV Tome did particulary well, it could take up to a week sometimes to get a reply to posts, so I doubt these ones will do much better.

APK

I much preferred TV Tome as it was. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it, after using it to get information about TV shows for about a year, but I preferred the layout and everything. But now I guess I'll just have to use TV.com.

Maybe once we get used to it, it won't seem too bad.

admin

Retired Administrator
Many people on other forums have said that the "new" tv tome has removed loads of the British shows out which used to be on it, maybe they will put them back on eventually.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
It's not good, not bad. I'm used to the old format, but we'll have to live with it. I can't click my mouse wheel and scroll on it anymore:mad:. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I read about that a while back and had forgotten about it until I went there a few days ago. I'm used to the old format too, but as long as they keep the MITM section up to date, that's what matters.

Ryebeach

theblinddevil said:
I guess it will turn out like gamespot, lots of imformation, but too commercial.
I agree, I think it'll turn out far too commercial for the audience it use to have. I use to frequent that site often. It was a great resource for me if I was watching an episode of a series and recognized a face but didn't know the name. I could jump right on tvtome and 9 times out of 10, get the answer. Some series' had excellent reviews members would write and the Message boards weren't too bad. I go on there now and it's just so flashy and it doesn't feel right to me, not to mention I can't find any of the info I am trying to seek out. Too confusing. Who knows, perhaps, given time, it'll take off and everyone will get used to it but as of now. I'm not impressed with the site.

Jimmy Junior

I never used TVTome that often, but I'd noticed it had changed. I prefered the old format. I can't explain why because I never used it that much... Just wanted to register my opinion.