Publix Stories

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
It was a sunny day at the Publix supermarket in Easley, South Carolina. A Publix employee was going through the usual routine of taking bugees out to the lobby terminal where the doors where so that people could easily grab a bugee when they came in. The employee was doing this one day when a young couple came into the store. He gave them no thought. After all, they were just shoppers.
The employee went back inside and started doing other chores when he noticed the couple walking very quickly around the store. He could tell they were looking for something, but decided, at least for the moment, not to approach them. He went about working. After ten minutes or so, the couple came to him where they were standing in front of him. The employee didn't notice since he was about to lift a box. Suddenly, the guy goes, "Uh, excuse me."
The employee looks at the young man and woman, and sees that they are the couple who were hurrying around the store.
"Hey," the man asks, "where is the pharmacy? We went all around this store and can't find it anywhere!"
The employee, for a second, looks at the couple with a weird expression. Then, he slowly lifts his finger and points.
The young couple turns around.
The pharmacy was directly behind them.

Lol, anyways, if you guys remember from the old VC, I made a thread where I posted stories that I heard from my brother(he works at Publix). I just write them in third person instead of first. Anyways, sorry this one was short. Ill try to get him to tell me more!
And if you guys want, Ill repost the stories from the thread on the old VC. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Those always were entertaining. I vaguely remember one with a robber that kept forgetting his meat or something to that effect. I wish I had a job so I could have interesting stories....and get money.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
No, it was a robber who kept coming into Publix for a space of a month or two and he was stealing meat. He got away a few times before Publix security finally nabbed him for trying do to it again. ;D