Wrestling

Murph

Are any members currently into the WWE, TNA, or any other wrestling promotion? I'm a huge wrestling fan, and have been for years, and always go when they come here to Belfast. The current WWE however, should not have brought back ECW, it's ruining a great legacy, but in the main alternative, TNA, the Heavyweight Division lacks something, that hopefully Samoa Joe can bring more credit to.

Ring of Honour is great, but has little money, so it will never be a serious challenge.

Anybody else any opinions on wrestling?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Tony_Montana is on vacation in Louisiana for a couple of weeks, but he's a big wrestling fan--I'm sure you two will have something to talk about when he gets back. :)

rzombie1988

I'm a huge fan of wrestling. I've watched everything from UWFi to CMLL to AJW to FMW to WWE to you name it. I travel all over to place to see shows, for instance I went to WM 22 and also this year I'm going to ROH in Philly on the 15th, and Summerslam in Boston. I was actually training to wrestle at one point, but after taking a few bumps I decided it wasn't for me. I'm going for broadcasting in college, so hopefully I can find some way into wrestling.

TNA's main problem is booking, no matter how you look at it. The angles and most of the characters completely suck. I do like the job they are doing with Joe and Shelley though.

I guess you could consider TNA an alternative, but it's more like WWE lite. You want real alternatives, check out more ROH, and try new promotions like Chikara, CMLL, AAA, and Dragon Gate.

ECW is pretty much doomed, now that Vince has full control. Basically ruins the whole point of ECW.

Murph

Exactly, there was no REAL purpose of bringing it in if it was only going to be another Raw/Smackdown show, they may as well have just brought in some show called "Premium" or something, it's the same thing.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
FINALLY! It's about time us wrestling fans got a thread!:D Good job for making this, Murphy!
Anyways, Im a huge wrestling fan. I watch TNA sometimes, but Im mainly a WWE guy.:) And I have to disagree with you on one thing, Murph. Im glad that ECW is back.:)
Just in case you guys are wondering, my favorite wrestler is Undertaker(who needs to win the World Title sometime in the next century!:rolleyes: ). My most DISLIKED wrestler is Ric Flair(I don't give a crap about his "legacy". He's a pervert, from what I hear). My favorite diva is, currently, Kristal(she is one hot black woman:D ). My favorite brand is RAW(though Smackdown has some great guys, mainly Undertaker and Batista).

Murph

Yeah, I'm glad to see Batista back, but at Great American BAsh, Batista VS Henry can go two ways, a very slow and boring match, or a hard hitting No.DQ brawl. Of course I hope for the second.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Who doesn't want to see an all out brawl?:D Of course, Im hoping Batista wins, BUT I feel that if Mark Henry keeps on the course he's going, he's gonna be world champ in a year or so.
Hey Murph, I want to ask you and all other wrestling fans here what they thought about Rey getting the World title. I, for one, hated it and I don't care for Mysterio too much right now. The reason being is that I felt that he used the name of the late,great Eddie Guerrero as a free ticket to the World Title. Before Eddie died, Rey wasn't even in the championship picture. Then, after Eddie dies, Rey starts all that "Im doing this for Eddie" crap and BAM, he's got the world title. That's pretty disgraceful.:mad:

rzombie1988

tony_montana said:
Who doesn't want to see an all out brawl?:D Of course, Im hoping Batista wins, BUT I feel that if Mark Henry keeps on the course he's going, he's gonna be world champ in a year or so.
Hey Murph, I want to ask you and all other wrestling fans here what they thought about Rey getting the World title. I, for one, hated it and I don't care for Mysterio too much right now. The reason being is that I felt that he used the name of the late,great Eddie Guerrero as a free ticket to the World Title. Before Eddie died, Rey wasn't even in the championship picture. Then, after Eddie dies, Rey starts all that "Im doing this for Eddie" crap and BAM, he's got the world title. That's pretty disgraceful.:mad:
Rey deserved the belt. He's over, wrestles good matches, has alot of character, and sells merchandise.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I never said he wasn't a good wrestler. I just felt that if it wasn't for Eddie's death, Rey wouldn't even have been in the championship picture. I sincerly do believe that Rey used Eddie's name as a free ticket to the title. Maybe Im wrong, but that's what I believe happened.

Murph

tony_montana said:

I think, for all his hard work, he one day deserved the World Title, however, I disagree with the way he got it. Using Eddie's name may have been the only way to convincingly get him to the top, and since he's been there, he's been nothing short (no pun intended) of an awful CHampion. He's lost to Khali, Kane, Henry and Finlay, and yet is still champion. Come on King Booker!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I have to agree with you there, Murph. I think he would have been a great champ one day, just not using Eddie's name to get there. And I agree with you on the fact that he has been an aweful champion so far. But you really want "king" Booker to win? Come on, man!:D Seriously, I think Mark Henry is really working his way up there and he'll be world champ really soon.

Murph

I agree with you there, Mark Henry has been working very well since his return. I've always been a fan of King Booker :D I suppose anybody ending Rey's reign would make me happy ;)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I have to be with you again on that. I just want Rey to loose the title, too.:D Even if it is to "king" Booker:rolleyes: (that whole "kiss my feet, you peasant!" thing was so stupid it was funny!:D ).

great1

I am a huge wrestling fan, I watch Raw, Smackdown and TNA weekly but being from Canada I cannot watch the new ECW however I hear its nothing great. I was planning on getting front row tickets to Unforgiven with a few friends but that didn't work out. My favourite wrestler of all time is The Rock and I mark out when ever he shows up, even if it is for 1 night only.

Moe_210

I'm a big Wrestling fan and went a few weeks ago when they came to San Antonio. I think Rey has Lucha Libre talent, not traditonal wrestling talent, and he deserved a shot. But giving him a shot because of Eddie's death was wrong in my opinion. Just like Chavo said, all that stuff about dedicating every match to him, just not right. My opinion. And yeah I heard that Justin's fave show is Smackdown! :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Hey, Moe! Welcome to the Voting Community!
It's cool to see another wrestling fan here, we don't have too many.:) And yeah, I read a 4 year old interview with Justin Berfield on some website, and at that time his favorite show was Smackdown, and his favorite wrestler was Rock.:)
Anyways, it seems the majority of us believe that Rey DID, SOME DAY, deserve a shot at the World Title, but in this instance he just used Eddie's death as a free ticket to the title. Everything Chavo said about Rey using Eddie's memory was right. That's all Rey did. And I found it despicable.