What factors make a good MITM Character?

purple

I believe the trick is humour, originality and interesting(kind of different) personality.

What do you think?

reese35

Sure, personality. They should have something that makes them easy to love and/or what we love to hate. Also, another factor is that they gotta have something to make us connect with the character.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
A good character of MITM is an atipycal character. The character must have something unusual, or at least something special. Malcolm is really smart, Reese is a bully, Dewey is... Dewey :D, Hal is irresponsible, Lois is tyrannical, Ida is mean... And a bad character is a character who always has sucking plotlines. :p

Yeah, i totally agree with you. I especially agree that they have to have a good sense of humor or they would be boring. The personality really matters unless it's an evil character like Ida (she's evil and with a bad personality, she's funny to watch).

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Great question, purple! I agree, humor is definitely the key. But like Tyno said, it seems that all MITM characters have a role to play. I hadn't really thought about it that way before, but that's a great point. What kind of role could a new character play? Hmmm...I'll have to think on that one for awhile and get back to you.

@Tyno--Dewey's role is the manipulator. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You know, maybe that's the reason we have such a problem trying to create a new character. All the necessary roles have already been taken, so there's no one left to create.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
yardgames said:
You know, maybe that's the reason we have such a problem trying to create a new character. All the necessary roles have already been taken, so there's no one left to create.

Then that's the trick! They need to create a completely unnecessary stupid character(like a nextdoor neighbor we see every so often on the show just doing something stupid, like littering his lawn with pink flamingo ornaments). I got an excellent plot that involves our heroes(being the Wilkersons) and next door or across the street neighbors...have them "declare war" on each other and battle each other through sabotage of each other's property and calling the police, charging their neighbors with false accusations.:D I smell a great episode here!

Tyno

Malcolm-France
tony_montana said:
A nextdoor neighbor we see every so often on the show just doing something stupid.
Well, I think it was a neighbor at once! I can't remember his name, but it was on the first seasons, and he was bothering Lois.

Wildcat said:
@Tyno--Dewey's role is the manipulator.
Yeah, thanks, but so much more! :D