Update: Gallery - Your help needed!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Re: Gallery

well people are able to update the gallery as long as they do it here : mitmgallery.tjpeople.com thats the replacement.

Richiepiep

Administrator
As you can see, I'm in the process of adding new photos and pictures to the Gallery. There are about 85 new ones so far. I felt that we have a kind of archive function by now, with lots of MITM and actor fan sites being discontinued, losing content or at least no longer getting updated. I will try and retrieve relevant, possibly high-res pictures from those defunct sites as much as possible. I will try to respect the original sources.

Richiepiep's MITMVC Gallery

So far, I've added photos to all Seasons in the 'Promotional section', filling in the gaps. There are now 16 'Behind the Scenes' shots, the full set of the MAD Magazine parody pages in the 'Magazines' section, and a number of fine shots from Chris Masterson's debut movie "Mamma ci penso io" from 1992 in the 'Cast' section for Chris. I thought it was funny and fascinating to see him at such a young age! There will also be some more screen shots capturing key scenes or shots.

Any suggestions welcome. I will request feedback for pictures which I find hard to identify or classify. Check back regularly for new additions - I won't be able to work steadily but I won't forget!

Rich

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I've added random images from the gallery to the forum home page, just below the shout box, do people like?

Richiepiep

Administrator
I've added random images from the gallery to the forum home page, just below the shout box, do people like?

Yes, me like! I think it's a very neat feature. Let yourself be surprised! I think it's cool because it's somewhere in between a banner and image ticker, though mercifully it doesn't scroll.

I could imagine it scrolling, though, but v-e-r-y slowly .... But on second thoughts, I guess we could do without more dynamic screen elements. Too distracting and bigger transfer load. It's cool as it is!

Rich

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking of adding a "Merchandise" section? For things like scans/photos of the soundtrack, tape, DVD, books etc. Or we could expand the "Magzines and Press" section.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I was thinking of adding a "Merchandise" section? For things like scans/photos of the soundtrack, tape, DVD, books etc. Or we could expand the "Magzines and Press" section.

First of all, thanks TJ! It feels good being part of the site staff and being able to move, rename, thumbnail, even delete (to be used sparingly ;)) images!

Merchandise is a good idea, perhaps with the link to the 'real stuff' included. Also this should be used with some caution I reckon, as full hi-res scans of a picture book for instance could dissuade people from buying the real thing.

If I upload still photos taken on the set to the Promotional Photos section for the appropriate season, I will add the keywords 'official still' and 'set' to enable identifying the images. Also, I'm wondering what to do with the great and unique TV Guide episode ads, which I have collected about 30 of, all from dead links to the Malcolm Mittendrin and Max Galleries sites. See attachment. I guess the temporary (?) home again would be the Promotion gallery, because they are all tied to a specific season. Otherwise the Magzines section (what's a magzine by the way? :p). Or they could merit a category of their own? Again they will anyway be tagged in some consistent way.

Best!

Rich

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Oops, I can't speel. Corrected.

I think those TV guide scans are perfect for the Magazine & Press category.

As you may have noticed, I have been working on the design of the gallery (and episode guide). Still more stuff to tweak.