Season 7....best season?

punkygrl5

I haven't seen Morp - yet a couple more days then SkyOne will air it. I found Season 7 epps more funny. Forwards Backwards was one ov my faves n Burning Man n Reese vs. Stevie n loads more. Watchd Butterflies 2day.

AlexTheMartian

just yesterday I was interested in going to Burning Man (even though it is not until later this year), but then i found out it costs like 200 dollars per person, lol.

how in the world did MITM family afford it??

Murph

Season 7 is easily the best series IMO, well, 6 & 7. Season 1 has GOT to be the worst, it's so childish compared to modern episodes. Then again, back then it was about a 12 year old and his family, and by the end it was about an 18 year old and his family. But yeah, Season 7 was amazing, and, the last episode for me was arguably the best episode, ever. Reese as a janitor was good to me. It showed realism. It would have been born if they took the easy path and had him as a world-famous cook.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Is it just me or was the first episode/season filmed to look more like a tv movie whilst the later episodes were filmed to look like a tv show? Just wondering if anyone noticed that.
Anyways, I like season seven(of course, since I made this thread ;D ), but the only beef I have is the way they ended Reese's "life" on the show. I didn't mind him living with Criag, but ending him as janitor of the high school was ridiculous. I was hoping they'd end it with Reese being a cook(I believe some of you guys were hoping the same).

reese35

Well, Reese still has his cooking ways (ding! "Someone's cake is ready!"). What he lacks in mopping, he makes up for in dishing out. :p :p :p One can wonder if the janitor stint doesn't pan out, at least there's the kitchen.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think season one was filmed differently because the producers were determined to try every camera technique at some point or another during the season; by the latter seasons, they had sort of settled into a groove that worked for the show.

With respect to a season feeling "childish" I think, yes, overall season one was perhaps slightly more childish. But I would remind you of all of the sexual-related themes that were present even early in the show, although that really started more in season 2. For me though, there's really only a couple of episodes where I feel like a complete moron to be watching them because they're so childish. Bully and Therapy are about it for me. And those are both from S2.

AlexTheMartian

tony_montana said:
Is it just me or was the first episode/season filmed to look more like a tv movie whilst the later episodes were filmed to look like a tv show? Just wondering if anyone noticed that.
Anyways, I like season seven(of course, since I made this thread ;D ), but the only beef I have is the way they ended Reese's "life" on the show. I didn't mind him living with Criag, but ending him as janitor of the high school was ridiculous. I was hoping they'd end it with Reese being a cook(I believe some of you guys were hoping the same).

well, i think it was filmed more of a movie cinematography through the entire series. That what I love about the show, its filming. Maybe 1st season was more movie-like, but I do know of shows even in the last 3 seasons that had movie-like look to it.

Lol, Reese should have ended up a janitor for a culinary school, and he ends up telling a tip to one of the students as he was mopping the floor, and that entree ends up winning an award. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im saying that we are left with Reese having a crappy job instead of a well paid janitor, and that got on my nerves. Would it have killed them to let Reese amount to something?

Amigo22

Super Moderator
reese35 said:
And "Morp" showed that everyone was the same after 7 seasons - the cute/manipulative Dewey, the insecure Malcolm, and the sex-laden Hal (remember the first season eppies? ;) ).

Not just the first season... more like the whole series. Sex was his hobby lol.

And I don't know why in "Forbidden Girlfriend" Lois was telling him not now because the boys were going to be home any minute, because surely they'd be used to seeing Hal naked since he gets a body shave at the friggin' breakfast table in front of them! :eek:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Being naked for shaving and being naked for having sex are two completely different things. ;D Welcome back Amigo!

punkygrl5

True, Reese should have been given something a bit better, he had a better job before at the slaughter house. Remember all that money he had?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
On the other hand, I think it's classic Reese that that's what he ended up doing. And that's what he wants to do. When was the last time something happened to the Wilkersons that made them happy? It fits.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
tony_montana said:
but the only beef I have is the way they ended Reese's "life" on the show. I didn't mind him living with Criag, but ending him as janitor of the high school was ridiculous. I was hoping they'd end it with Reese being a cook(I believe some of you guys were hoping the same).

At first I thought it was ridiculous too. But then again, it does fit because if he was to apply for a job such as being a chef, sure he's got the skills which help him a lot. But he doesn't have the good grades, and most employers want to see school results, so he'd be screwed in that field.

Gouki

As I mentioned in another thread, I found Season 7 to be more emotional than others, and that places it highly on my list. But the best? Nah, that goes to Season 4 in my opinion.

It had some top episodes, but the gaping whole that is Francis for most of the season, amongst other things that slightly bug bring it down. I do find it more enjoyable on the whole, than Season 6 however.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I'm not really sure what my favourite season would be, because all 7 seasons had episodes that I did and didn't like.

backfence

season 7 was one of my favorite seasons, in fact it has my favorite episode as well "bomb shelter", hal is my favorite character from the show and his part in this episode was amazing, he really shined from episode 1 but took center stage in the wackiest stuff towards the later seasons, rock on hal. :punk:

DVF

I have seen some episodes of season 7, didn't know that they showed MitM on channel 4, just 4 episodes of season 7 left, I wonder what they will show after that, btw, i's a pain in the ass time, 12 am, thank God then I have no scool now! Son't know if i can live With only 2 episodes/week(Saturdays 9:30 am... damn swedish tv channels!). Btw, sorry I haven't posted here for so long, somethings came up, but now I'm back!