MITM DVD Release

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: MITM on DVD

We have a lot of people asking about DVD releases, don't we? I'll just tidy up and merge all three threads. Thanks for the help Ryebeach and J.

packer-backer

you said that they usually set a release date six months ahead to create hype. i think that there already is enough hype because of the problems with the music. i think they should have an early october release date for season 2. they should release season 3 around christmas. and release season 4 around the time of the series finale to create hype.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Well, we're at that magical month of August. The month predicted by the majority of the fourm-members for the season 2 release. We still have about 15 more days, but I doubt it.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I believe I was the original person who predicted the August release date, so allow me to back that up: That was a date I gathered using a variety of hints provided at resources like TV Tome (you know, the good TV Tome before CNET got its corporate ass entwined), TV Shows on DVD, the official forums, and a couple other places.

It really doesn't mean much though, it's just the culmination of a lot of speculation. Before August, I had predicted January, November of last year, and March of 2004.

Part of my reasoning for August well after I had made the original prediction was that it would create hype for the final season, and for its new day and time.

So since August is pretty much done, I'll have to make a new prediction: July 2006. I think I'll have to second MITM18 (that's gotta be a first) that the enxt best chance is a box set after the series is done.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Everyone more-or-less agreed with you for the August date. You're right, it doesn't matter much, only as a game, almost, to see when it comes out.

I think it will be a Tuesday in May of next year, the somewhere around the day of the season finale itself. But I know I'm wrong, it would be cool though.

MITM18

I dont know the exact reason but its mostly got to do with the shipping and how the ordering is done.

Most stores stock new items Tuesday morning/Monday night so its easier for all the producers of products to ship all their new items to go on the shelves on Tuesday.

Its less confusing for everyone.

Ryebeach

MITM18 said:
I dont know the exact reason but its mostly got to do with the shipping and how the ordering is done.

Most stores stock new items Tuesday morning/Monday night so its easier for all the producers of products to ship all their new items to go on the shelves on Tuesday.

That makes sense. Thanks MITM18 :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
MITM18 just told us:

MITM18 said:

MITM18

I think he meant like ohhh thats why all the stuff always came out on tuesday, I was wondering about that.

punx18

Hi there, theres a Fox rep that comes into work every monday morning. I have asked her about why hasn't macolm in the middle been released within the UK. And if there is a rough date. She said that she wasn't sure, but she would bring it up in a meeting with the biggish cheeses. More on that when i'm next at work on monday!