Media Gallery/Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Right. We need to dicuss how we want to implament a media section for the site. We have loads of fan videos being made but currently no play to find them all. You tube is ok. Its simple and it gets video to wide audience. So if you make a video and wanna put it on you do, but you may find them taken down for various reaosn such a copyright things.

Now we could just have a basic page in this forum a "media" section along the top next to episode guide. However this will envole david and therefore wont happened very quickly. Second option is to have a link on the to b ar linking to just a basic page with a load of download links. very basic and simple to do. but not very user friendly.

Another option is to use a system like this

www.mitm.tjpeople.com/media
(the video on there was just the first to hand)

its uses coppermine for anyones whos interested. its primarily for photos but does video very well too. im quite familiar with how it works. i can add in a "download here" link to the videos as well, so people can download the video as well as watching on the site.

The great thing about the site is that you can sign up and upload your own videos yourself and manage them. So no having to use rapidshare or anything.

just so you know, the site colours/looks can all be changed, its all very customisable.

This is just an idea, any other ideas/website script recomendations welcome.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Nice ideas TJ. I think the last one would probably be the easiest for video. It also depends if people want to implement other types of media besides just videos. You could have one index page on the main VC site that deals with all types of media, then link out from there. For example--people can create videos, banners, icons, fanfics and whatever else--and you can have a page that indexes all those categories that links out to the pages where you can find the actual media (i hope that makes sense :D )

Then we could place a link somewhere on the forum (preferrable along the top next to the episode guide if David will do it for us.) We could replace something up there like the Calendar, or the news portal (does anyone actually use those buttons?) If not, a sticky in the Wilkerson times will do.

Oh, sorry. :D I thought David said he was the only one who can change the layout and templates. I guess that aspect isn't too big of an issue then.

Status
Not open for further replies.