How much of your life is wasted watching commercials?

admin

Retired Administrator
Well without showing off or anything here :)D) my "TV habits" have totally changed since I bought myself a PVR. The ability to record television and pause it is totally life changing. I now pause a film at the beginning, go and have a shower, eat etc then come back and watch it advert free!

If anyone has SKY+ or Freeview equlivent they'll know what I mean :D

great stats- should have put them in 'silly, useless, but interesting thread :D Also doesnt the number of adverts vary depending on the country, we have one advert break per 30 minute program in the uk- the adverts last generllay 3 minutes, isnt it different in the us?

Malcolm

Dont think about those things! Its SCARY!!!:eek::D

Actually I dont watch a lot of TV, excepting for MitM and Discovery Channel. But Im a big movie fan and I've seen thousands and thousands of movies. And I always watch movies several times if I like them enough. :p

Emrysgirl

I'm scared to calculate.

Besides, what do you count as watching commercials?

When I'm with other people, I always mute the TV during the commercials and talk.
When I'm alone, I usually switch the channel. If there's ads everywhere else, atleast PBS will be on.

Torque

Well, first i want to say that you sound just like Malcolm with all those calculations and numbers :)
Regarding the topic, i can say that they`re pretty much wasting a significant part of our life, but, on the other hand without ads, there would be no broadcasting companies, which means no MITM, so i`d say thanks God we have them :)

Torque said:
on the other hand without ads, there would be no broadcasting companies, which means no MITM, so i`d say thanks God we have them :)
I don't know where you're located, but Im assuming the US, it's not necessarily true that without ad's there would be no broadcasting companies, in the UK the BBC (British Broadcasting Company) Is governmnet and public funded- you pay a liscence fee for your tv (approx £150- i think:confused: a year) as a result there is no necessity fro commercial support and therefore no adverts or advert breaks:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Boy, that sure would b enice. Too bad American senators are too dumb to think of any legislation like that.

Welcome to the forums, torque. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts and ideas.