Frankie Muniz on Ex-Fiancée: 'It's a Very Awkward Situation'

PBUNDY

Front Page Post

Frankie Muniz and his love life is an ever continuing drama, however we now have the confirmation from Frankie that he is no longer engaged to Jamie. See below two articles from People.com.

Frankie Muniz, perking up while running into his ex-fiancée, Jamie, at Hyde in West Hollywood. While the former Malcolm In the Middle star was hanging quietly with his guy friends, clubgoers tell us his mood brightened when he made his way over to his ex, putting his hands around her waist as they flirted.

January 31, 2008 - It appears Frankie Muniz isn't quite over his ex-fiancée Jamie Gandy.

The actor (who recently ran into her at West Hollywood nightclub Hyde), poured his heart out to PEOPLE Wednesday at a press conference to talk about his new job as a driver for 2008 Pacific Coast Motor Sports team.

But when talk moved to romance, Muniz, 22, explained: "I am not engaged anymore. I'm still with her ... kinda."

"It's a very awkward situation," he adds. "But we're best, best, best friends. And if there was anyone in the world that I wanted to be with, it'd be her. With the racing, it's very difficult, the traveling around."

Muniz, who appeared at the Hard Rock Café in Universal City for Wednesday's press conference, is in his third year as a professional racecar driver, and second year with the team. But what does he think of his fellow celebrity racecar drivers?

"I don't want to sound conceited, but I don't think there has been an actor or celebrity-turned-racecar driver that has made it as high up on the racecar circuit as I have," he says. "So I don't think there's anyone who can keep up with me. And that's just me being honest"

"I want to race Michael Schumacher, seven-time world champion. And I can compete with him."

There have been many comments on the internet after Frankie said he was the most "high up" celebrity turned race car driver. They claim he is completely incorrect - Looking at the facts that seems to be the case. However I think it's either a miss quote or he just didn't think what he was saying through.

Source: People.com

Last edited by a moderator:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting.

Glad to get this confirmed, its exactly what I expected with Jamie.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think we kind of suspected it given the recent paparazzi but we weren't really sure. I would point out because I'm about as conceited as Frankie that I called it back when we had the controversial Frankie's engaged! threads going. I'm not like one of those politicians that changes his mind every 10 minutes--and I was RIGHT!! Does anyone have any details on when/how it happened or is this it?

D

Deleted member 1693

I hope he doesn't expect for Jamie to still be waiting for him until after his career. Maybe he feels that way about her, but she might find another catch.

Lol, from my posts about her, you'd think that I hate her. But she just strikes me as a flirtacious unloyal girl. I know, it's not really based on anything but the pictures I've seen of her, but still.

MalcolmFun

I deleted my essay because it was possibly incorrect and backward
oh well
ROFL

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I think people are looking into this too much.

Apart from the "engagement" thing he is just having a normal relationship. It has its ups a down, obviously it was going well and he proposed, but I have a feeling he has grown up a little since then.

Just cause the paparazzi say they "bump" into each other, I'm pretty sure they see each other often.

In all recent news he seems happy, life's not perfect is it? So he doesn't have Jamie in the way he wants at the moment, that's life! and I think he understands that.

MalcolmFun

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well that post was overly dramatic while I was sitting at the PC half asleep

I'm not faulting him at all for going after who he likes. He loves racing. She prefers to party in Hollywood (which was not her home!) then to travel with him. That says it all. Meanwhile he doesnt even like living in LA. Move on dude.