Fox

reese35

I'm gonna go on the record. Fox is known for a lot of things (standardizing their O&O stations to one look customised for their cities). Of course, the one thing that we definitely know, that we can't deny, is Fox's treatment of MitM.

The torture started with season 6, as they moved it from their at-home, decent 9:00 slot to 7:30 - where Futurama suffered because of the long football games. As soon as second episode came, Malcolm was victim to 'in-progress' episodes, where the network joined the episode 'already in progress' b/c of long overtimes or long postgame shows. (Keep in mind, it was the East Coast that suffered, not the West Coast) There was even a situation when an entire episode was cut. But when football season on Fox was over (not counting the Super Bowl) and/or football games were in other timeslots, we saw whole episodes of Malcolm, the way they should be. And, hey, you should probably give them props for re-running those missing episodes. Season 7, however... though we didn't know it at the time, Malcolm was put into the dreaded "Friday Night Death Slot", where quality/new shows have a good chance of getting the ax (according to Wikipedia). True, as Malcolm became the LOWEST-rated show this season. As of that, the show moved back to Sundays but at 7:00 and the cancellation came. Luckily, the 8:30 timeslot was open for the finale. But the amount of advertising for the finale - little. And unbelievably, Sky One (Fox's sister network in the UK) practically got an entire campaign rolling for their airing. Pa-f*()ing-thetic. Basically, Malcolm's demise.... is on Fox's head. But we ALL know that.

At least there's a few good things about Fox - House, American Idol, The O.C. Any other good things that you guys have? I'm too stewed to think of any more....

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Dude, why is this still bothering you? Fox definitely treated the show badly but it's in the past and it would have ended anyway--the cast was getting old, Frankie was sick of playing Malcolm, and his contract expired. The writers were already moving on to other projects and Linwood even stopped working with his "baby." I really think Fox kept it going as long as it could--I mean, who knows, they could have met with the crew and decided cancelation was best together--Fox may have actually wanted another season--not that that means it would have been treated more fairly and I'm not standing up for Fox. I'm just saying the demise of Malcolm's ratings is Fox's fault--the demise of the show itself is a result of time.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im with Mike totally on this one. FOX treated MITM like a dried up turd, to put it lightly. It's always something that got me. Why did they treat a fantastic show like MITM so badly?
Something that also makes me mad at FOX is how they moved MITM to Friday nights, knowing that it was, as Mike put it, the "death zone". It angers me to think FOX did that on purpose just to have a reason to cancel Malcolm.:mad:
Now Im really stewed.....and the only other good things about FOX is mainly King of the Hill, which is also ending soon, and Family Guy(which will probably be cancelled for good pretty soon as well).
FOX sucks.

rzombie1988

tony_montana said:
Im with Mike totally on this one. FOX treated MITM like a dried up turd, to put it lightly. It's always something that got me. Why did they treat a fantastic show like MITM so badly?
Something that also makes me mad at FOX is how they moved MITM to Friday nights, knowing that it was, as Mike put it, the "death zone". It angers me to think FOX did that on purpose just to have a reason to cancel Malcolm.:mad:
Now Im really stewed.....and the only other good things about FOX is mainly King of the Hill, which is also ending soon, and Family Guy(which will probably be cancelled for good pretty soon as well).
FOX sucks.

Fox loves to screw over it's shows and the viewers of them. Whether it be MITM, Family Guy, Futurama, or King of the Hill. They would rather show reality shows(which requires no talent at all to make), the simpsons, and football unfortunately. I think MITM got screwed over bigtime, and had they not they could have been on longer and been more popular. Fox really gets to me too, and I think that is what they are trying to do. Some of their moves just make no sense other than to upset fans of the shows.

reese35

yardgames said:
Fox definitely treated the show badly but it's in the past and it would have ended anyway--the cast was getting old, Frankie was sick of playing Malcolm, and his contract expired. The writers were already moving on to other projects and Linwood even stopped working with his "baby." I really think Fox kept it going as long as it could--I mean, who knows, they could have met with the crew and decided cancelation was best together--Fox may have actually wanted another season--not that that means it would have been treated more fairly and I'm not standing up for Fox. I'm just saying the demise of Malcolm's ratings is Fox's fault--the demise of the show itself is a result of time.

Well, true. Either way, sure would've been nice for one more season....:D