Family Guy or Simpsons

D

Deleted member 1693

I like the Simpsons better. Family Guy is just a bit too ridiculous and chock full of pop culture for me.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
It is the two unsubstantiated posts like these above which make me cry. I have been on Relicnews Forums for way to long. As to the Original Poster's question, I will say The Simpsons has been time tested and known for it's decade and a half plus years of hilarity, while Family Guy can only be so controversial before it becomes borderline unviewable.

D

Deleted member 1693

Yeah, I'm usually pretty blunt and simple unless otherwise asked.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
In my opinion, Family Guy is definitely the best. I loved The Simpsons when I was younger, a few years ago, when the show was still funny and brilliant. I don't laugh or even smile anonyme when I watch a recent Simpsons episode. So I stopped watching the show at the end of season 17 or 18, I can't remember.

However, I started watching Family Guy when it made its comeback on FOX, and I quickly watched the full fist three seasons I've missed, and now that the show is in its sixth season, I can honestly say that it's really funny, entertaining and controversive. I really enjoy it! I also believe that the show is made for adults while The Simpsons is more of a TV-PG rated show, and we have to take that into account.

cadmiumgold

The Simpsons has stood the test of time, I think it is consistently funny and I could have seen the earlier eps 50 times and still find them funny, but I will admit the more recent ones are not always as good.

I don't really watch family guy to comment but I have seen it a couple of times and thought it was funny- but not on a par with the simpsons which I think was more pioneering.

D

Deleted member 1693

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Family Guy has some funny jokes, but some are just over the top for no reason and not funny to boot. Not saying all of their "controversial" stuff is bad though. It's just that American TV is full of that now.

cadmiumgold

I agree with you about american tv, it seems when one tv show does something new and edgy, others follow to keep up and then it loses impact. I'm not really over enthused about any one tv show at the moment, things seem a bit dry currently.

Seosamh

i thin simpsons is more clever and deserves to be better than family guy but i think family guy is very funny too

MITM_Fan

The Simpsons geez it's becoming so lame, it should stop at the 20th season.

Happily I got Family Guy to watch which is great.

The Simpsons lost they're trueness/comedy for a long time.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I can only say I love the Simpsons because, despite their crazy adventures, there is a heart at the centre and there's a continuity about them that rings true in a cartoon world-sense. I miss that in South Park which is way too cynical, nihilistic and over the top to me. Despite being dysfunctional to the max, the Simpsons still work as a family, in much the same way that 'Malcolm' does.

But then I have to keep in mind that I've only watched older reruns of The Simpsons and am not really familiar with 'Family Guy'.... sorry!

Rich