Episode of the Week

MalcolmFun

Why not have a weekly or biweekly episode thread with hopefully a link to the episode online somewhere. Then we can talk about and discuss what we like or dont like about that episode. Yes I know there are old threads but it isnt quite the same as having a topic to discuss now with a link to what is being talked about.

AlexTheMartian

Why not have a weekly or biweekly episode thread with hopefully a link to the episode online somewhere. Then we can talk about and discuss what we like or dont like about that episode. Yes I know there are old threads but it isnt quite the same as having a topic to discuss now with a link to what is being talked about.

that'll be cool, it'll be similar to when we commented when the show was new :p

W

we_dye

That's a good idea. Make it random too, so we could have a season 4 ep one week followed by a season 2 ep, fo instance - it would make it all the more interesting.

PBUNDY

Great idea! I kind of like the idea of doing it weekly. At the beginning of the week we pick an episode to watch and then a day later in the week we could discuss it. The sooner we could start this the better!

Does anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions about this?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
great idea guys.

we could combine it with the new episode guide (launching soon-ish). which gives a thread for every episode, where you can post and review.

cadmiumgold

Yes, this is a great idea, or that marathon thing people once talked about. I know people still watch MitM and post here, but the forum isn't so busy anymore, this could bring up some more discussions.

KelEl

Now? :) But when we start doing it though, maybe we should post the thread in The Wilkerson Times folder because then more people will see it, and it's also a more appropriate place to discuss it.

I would really like to do this because I wasn't around when they first aired so I didn't get to talk about them then.

So should we go ahead and start? And does everyone else think it's a good idea to make the episode selection random?

xxJasmin1992

Yes.I think it will be better when we post the thread in the Wilkerson Times folder.

We can start now:DWhen the others haven´t a problem with that...?
I couldn´t discuss about Malcolm too.Because when the first season came in the tv,I was about 10 years old:DI didn´t watch much tv at this time.Therefore it would be very great to have the chance to discuss about Malcolm in the middle:D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yeah, it sounds great, although in my opinion discussing the respective episode in a chat room or something like that while it is being watched would be much better than just posting one's opinion in a thread.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
There seems to be a bunch of interest in this, so lets try and make it happen.

We could combine the idea of live chat and live video with non live discussion and video.

My idea for it would go like this.

We pick and episode. We create a thread in Wilkerson Times. In the first post we have a link to the Megaupload download and the bittorrent download. So people can watch it anytime. Then people can go ahead and discuss the episode in the thread as they wish.

We would also in the first post setup a date and time for a LIVE broadcast of the episode with a live chat. I would use UStream.tv, and broadcast the episode on a loop for say 1hour?. We could use the UStream live chat (and if popular I could setup a site based chat)

What do you think?