Ashley Tisdale guesting on MITM episode 'Jury Duty'

Richiepiep

Administrator
'High School Musical' and 'The Suite Life ...' star Ashley Tisdale actually made an early appearance in the MITM Season 3 episode 'Jury Duty', first shown on May 1, 2002. She still sported her naturally dark brown, curly hair, and had little more than a walk-on part in the show, hanging around at the sewer!

Just one of these little trivia ....

Malcolm-in-the-Middle-3x20-Jury-Duty-MITMVC-4.jpg

The image is part of our Gallery.

Rich

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Its always surprises me how many, now well know TV/movie stars has guest spots on Malcolm.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I guess it was because it was an all-around quality show :D!?

It always surprises me how there aren't any lame, routine actors on MITM, not even for the bit parts, I can't fault them. Everyone gives their 100%, and when you compare that to shows which even have dull actors in main parts, it's nothing short of miraculous.

I guess it must be the very hands-on supervision, or super vision, of Linwood Bloomer, who managed to instill that energy and commitment into the directors, who in turn channelled that to the cast.

(Not that I know a lot of Ashley Tisdale, but a thread title like that, well, I suppose it can't harm the number of hits and views, right?)

For those interested in the moving version of early guest appearances by Ashley, graced with some mellifluous put-on German dialogue too, check this out. It also includes the brief MITM bit:

Rich

Last edited:

Lozart

hah I remember that episodes. I didn't recognize her at first

The guest actors are amazing. This show has really great actors. I remember watching Hal and his friend Larry. Great duo.

Richiepiep

Administrator
hah I remember that episodes. I didn't recognize her at first

Same with me! I recognize the shape of her face, but it took some effort. I don't know if it's just my hang-up, but she looked like a highly individual, spunky girl, which I like, and there's always this tendency for (Caucasian) girls to be forced to some, let's say vaguely Hillary Duff-like norm of a blonde model.

Guys can have highly individual, recognizable, angular features and still be called handsome, but there seems to be a lot of pressure on girls/young women to be standardized. Which, for someone who has been identifying pictures for movies for a long time, for movie reviews and also on this site, always makes it harder to find out who the young(ish) girls are than the guys! And its always been like that, also for classic movie stars from the last century!

Just a random thought ....

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
Anyone watch The Office? (The U.S version) Two actors on that show made small guest (almost walk-by roles) on Malcolm

I do, but not religiously as they say, having seen the British original. So who would these characters be? I didn't notice them.

I did notice something else, that the oldest 'book club lady', of MITM episode 3.3, Edie McClurg, had a more prominent role more than 20 years ago as the dean's secretary in the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". I just mention this, as "Ferris Bueller" is possibly the earliest of MITM's forerunners: a teen character in a wacky comedy going against the grain, connecting directly with the audience. So it may even be a kind of tribute cameo, who knows.

Rich

Last edited: