Recent content by Dewey

1. D

Review: 6.20 - Stilts

Reading this should last no longer than a moment of clarity. To read other reviews, check out: http://deweysreviews.blogspot.com/ Stilts DEWEY NYMAN - October 26, 2005 This episode was good. ENDS - 4 words
  2. D

Dewey's Teaser - Oct 23

How many times a day do a clock's hands overlap? (To make this easier for you all, this is just the hour and minute hands, so do NOT include the second hand.)
  3. D

Dewey's Teaser - Oct 22

Today's puzzle is a math one: You have five jars of pills. All of the pills in one jar only are "contaminated." The only way to tell which pills are contaminated is by weight. A regular pill weighs 10 grams; a contaminated pill is 9 grams. You are given a scale and allowed to make just one...
  4. D

Piama's New Movie

"Kids in America" opens tonight nationwide in USA. It stars Emy Coligado (Piama from MITM) Written and directed by Josh Stolberg this looks to be a teen movie. A review of the movie can be seen on NY Times website...
  5. D

Dewey's Teaser - Oct 21

A word quiz for today: Mix the 1st & 12th letters of the alphabet with the letters of a certain European country to make the name of a non-European country.
  6. D

Dewey's Teaser - Oct 20

Another easy one for you all.,, Add up all the letters from the names of the principle 9 planets from our solar system. Tell me something else to which also has this number of parts or elements. Answer in 24 hours from now....
  7. D

Twin Freaks - A music question

I have a question regarding the musical composition that is "Twin Freaks" and their latest album release: 'Really Love You'. As far as I am aware, this has only been released on vinyl, has been since June, an they band have no intentions of commiting to CD. I have heard some of the tracks on...
  8. D

Everybody Hates Chris.....

Has anyone else seen the new sitcom "Everybody Hates Chris"? So far, I have watched the 'Pilot' episode, and I have to say - I was pleasantly surprised. It almost reminds me of how MITM was like back in the early seasons. Set in 1982 Brooklyn, the show is based around a central character...
  9. D

Your ten favourite movies of all time!

I'm intersted to know what people's ten favourite movies are. Feel free to give reasoning (if you wish) Right now, mine (in no particular order) are: Fight Club (1999) Memento (2000) Green Mile (1999) American Perfekt (1997) Kids (1995) One Night at McCools (2001) Saw (2004) Crash (2005)...
  10. D

Never revealed - the list....

It has often been said that the magic to a narrative is in not revealing every principle detail. Aspects of popular culture that still have a sense of mystery to them. Things that as an audience we never actually see. With this in mind, I think it good for members here to compile a list of...
  11. D

Where in the world are you?

I'm interested to know the worldwide influenmce that MITM has in terms of audience share. With that in mind, which part of the globe are you from, and if outside of USA and Europe, is MITM a major TV show in your country?
  12. D

The best US comedy on British TV....

....according to an article for Spiked-Online; a site excellent for philsophical debate and ultural enlightenment. Also a site I frequent on a regular basis. Some of the essays on there are really indepth and thought provoking. http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/0000000CAD10.htm The...
  13. D

Walken 2008?

http://www.walken2008.com/ This is something I stumbled upon whilst reading the internet on Thursday. The above website appears to be about the actor Christopher Walken running as a candidate for president in 2008. But the wierd thing is that it seems like a serious website, and at first...
  14. D

Lost - did it measure against the hype?

This thread is for anyone, but I'm particularly interested in those in UK. If you saw Lost on Wednesday night - I'm interested to know what you thought about it. After all the hype, was it as you had expected? Of course, if you are American, and saw the whole series; without giving away...
  15. D

Whats wrong with this picture...?

I thought this was pretty cool. Its a bit like the picture that Caroline shows to Malcolm in the "Pilot" episode of MITM. They are also used by psychologists to determine IQ. Simply follow the link below. Lets see who here can spot all the mistakes in this photograph. You also get some hints...