Frankie Muniz in Doritos 3D commercial (2002)
Richiepiep

Frankie Muniz in Doritos 3D commercial (2002)

Frankie, in full Agent Cody Banks mode, endorsing this tortilla chip flavour. From the defunct www.youngactorsweb.com, screen captures by JMFan. It also involved a contest where you could visit the MITM set and meet Frankie. See http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5577
I guess these tortillas were hollow, not flat like the usual ones:

"It wasn’t as if they added a new flavor or something else that the public was clamoring for, but an extra dimension – an unnecessary one at that – that no one really wanted in the first place. The product never really took off despite Frankie Muniz’s ringing endorsement. In the end 3D Doritos receded back into the oblivion from which they sprang forth never to be seen again."

http://thechildrenofmarx.wordpress.com/2006/07/12/fools-gold/

So they were sold in Britain too? They weren't filled with anything, or were they? I don't remember them. The only references about them I could find were that they never really caught on, and were soon gone from promotions. I couldn't find anything substantial about them on the www.doritos.com and www.fritolay.com sites, nor on their archived equivalents. Perhaps they were the firm's best kept secrets, lost in some dimension hitherto unknown to man? :D

Suitably shamefacedly, I have to confess I mailed to Fritolay on this very topic. My idea was, of course, to get some half-forgotten Frankie-related goodies they had lying around. To which I received the polite, wonderfully non-committal semi-standard reply:

[COLOR="Navy"]Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hear you. We are so glad to know one of our past products reached your "favorite snack" list! We understand each brand or flavor will end up being a front runner for someone. We wish we could carry them all. Regrettably, some snacks must be discontinued in order to make room for new ideas and the ever changing market demand.

We will happily note your interest and count you personally as a loyal fan of the product mentioned in your e-mail. We appreciate you sharing your comments with us. We hope you will turn to our other Frito-Lay brands to find another new favorite in the snack food aisle.

Best regards,

Tina
Frito-Lay Consumer Affairs
[/COLOR]

Media information

Category
Doritos 3D commercial
Added by
Richiepiep
Date added
View count
Comment count