Scholastic book 'Krelboyne Picnic'
Richiepiep

Scholastic book 'Krelboyne Picnic'

<p>March 20, 2006.</p>
<p><span style="font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;">Because of the popularity of <em>Malcolm in the Middle</em>, Scholastic published a number of books based on the series. Some of these weren't just supposed to be a fun read, but were aimed at developing reading skills.
&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;&quot;&gt;Regardless of this, it's inevitable that the dialogue loses a lot of its spark in its simplified form, as is apparent from the original script:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;&quot;&gt;Reese: Malcolm... Malcolm... &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Malcolm: Ow! Ow! How was that even remotely fair? &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Reese: That's for us all having to go to your stupid Krelboyne picnic today. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Malcolm: You think I want you to go? &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Malcolm: My special class is having a family day, and if&amp;nbsp; that's not bad enough, &lt;br /&gt;it's on the weekend that Francis is home. I'm going to look like a total idiot &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;in front of him. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Francis: Pretty bunnies. Pretty bunnies. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Malcolm: Luckily, I've got a brilliant plan to get out of this. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Lois: Oh, poor baby. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Malcolm: Yeah, I'm sick. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Lois: No, you're grounded for pouring perfectly good &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;vegetable soup in the toilet. And you owe me 49 &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;cents. I don't understand why you don't want to go to this picnic, &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;Malcolm. I think it sounds like fun. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Hal: Yeah, sitting on the grass, eating barbecue. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Malcolm: It's Krelboynes. It's not going to be ON the &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;grass because half the class is allergic. And don't &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;expect any meat either, because they all voted not to &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;serve anything that ever had a mother. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Dewey: Cousin Nancy doesn't have a mother. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Lois: That's right. She has two daddies. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Reese: Oh, man, two guys as your parents? That house has got to be a dude's paradise. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Hal: You know, there are a lot of proven health benefits&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;to the vegetarian lifestyle. In fact, I've been &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;seriously considering it myself.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Lois: It'll be nice to meet the other parents. I'm sure &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;they're much better than those carnival freaks in Reese's &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;class. What a horrible bunch of people. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Hal: Amen to that. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Francis: Well, this just sounds like a blast to me. Why do I have to go, again? &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Lois: Because it's a family picnic, Francis, &lt;br /&gt;and you're a member of this family. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Francis: Oh right, I just keep forgetting that, being forced &amp;nbsp;&lt;br /&gt;to live a thousand miles away at military school and all. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

Media information

Category
Merchandise
Added by
Richiepiep
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media