Favourite chill-out songs

admin

Retired Administrator
Favourite Music "of the moment"

I know this kind of question comes up, whats your favourite band etc. But those things always change, I used to like songs by Queit Riot and Nickelback but now they just irritate me!

Currently I enjoy listening to "Going Underground" by "The Jam" and "Baba O'Riley" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" by "The Who"

What are your current favourite bands and songs.

packer-backer

Re: Favourite Music "of the moment"

I like Green day ans Simple Plan. Also, since I am a christian I enjoy listening to worship songs and christian bands such as Switchfoot and Relient K.

Wemboy

I'm currently getting into my UK hip-hop/grime, as a chance to listen to something new. Acts like Kano, Dizzee Rascal, The Streets, Roll Deep, and the "Run the Road" compilation cds. It's the kind of stuff you can hear on Channel U if you have sky (which i don't). Also, on completely the opposite end of the scale, i've been listening to a bit of vintage Rolling Stones. I did this because the new White Stripes song (Doorbell) is heavily influenced by them in my opinion; so may as well listen to the original, as opposed to an immitation version.

Amigo22

Super Moderator

packer-backer said:
I like Green day ans Simple Plan.
Simple Plan is one of my favorite artists. Green Day are good, and I also like the Black Eyed Peas.

My latest favorite songs are Voodoo Child by Rogue Traders and Don't Cha by the Pussycat Dolls.

samboo1

I dont like a specific genre really. I just like a song, when it comes out. But one of my favourite bands are mcfly,a british band (I bet all those members who like rock or r&b are going to hate me now!), i went to see them last night in manchester.:D

packer-backer

Dont Cha is one of the worst songs ever, but we all can have our own opinions. A couple of my favorite songs from bands I didnt mention are, Sugar were going down by fall out boy, Ohio (come back to Texas) by Bowling for soup and Beverly Hills by Weezer.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Hmmm..... tough choice.... well, not really.

My favorite musician would be Key Poulan, he writes our MARCHING BAND MUSIC! :)

My favorite band, MINE, the Absegami Marching Braves(I guess The Cadets would be a close second)! :)

And the reason I'm so happy is because.............................We just won 1st place in our first compition. 82/100. We smoked the other by 5 points! To put that into comparison, normally Marching compitions are won by tenths of a point.

simon_4420

What I wanted to ask everyone is, What are you favourite chill out songs? What song/s do you put on when you want to relax, I have quite afew:D ...But

These are my personal favourites:

Rescue Blues - Ryan Adams
Superman - Five For Fighting
Easy Tonight -Five For Fighting
100 Years - Five For Fighting
The Beautiful - Five For Fighting
Road to Chicago - Thomas Newman
You're Beautiful - James Blunt

(If you haven't heard any of Five For Fighting check out their Website, they have previews playing in the background):D

I love anything by Thomas Newman. He has composed lots of soundtracks for films like "Road to Perdition" , "Shawshank Redempton" and "Cider House Rules" and many more. They are great songs to really chill out to. Often at night when I'm busy doing my homework and I need to think, and don't want anything heavy to listen, I'll be listen to something by Thomas Newman.

P.s. If there is a speacial reason you like the song/s and you fell like telling then please do:) .

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You're a Five for Fighting fan, huh? I've heard some crazy things about James Blunt. Apparently he's pretty well known in England, but not exactly for the right reasons... :D

Anyway, it kind of depends on the time of day for me. During the evening, I just listen to the radio because I rather like the DJ who's on. Otherwise or if I'm sick of the commercials, I just turn on my playlist. I've got a few hundred songs from over the last five or ten years. Sometimes I hear a song on that that I haven't heard in years, and that's kind of fun. For example, I just happened to hear Echo by Trapt a couple days ago. A few years ago, that was like my favorite song, so when that happens sometimes you reminisce about what you did the first time you heard the song.

simon_4420

Lol,:D Yeah I am a fan of Five For Fighting, I came across them by chance and I've been hocked ever since.

I don't really listen to the radio that much other than when my Ipod battery is dead in the car and I want something to drive to. Saying that though, I was at work and the radio was on and they were playing "funkytown -Lipps Inc" Hal's song for his routine in Rollerskates, I couldn't stop laughing whilst trying to serve customers:D , I think I went to far with the singing along.....:D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I'll just pop in a DCI(Drum Corp International) tape and listen to the Blue Devils, the Cadets, Madison Scouts, Caviliers, Phantom Regiment, or I'll throw on my own band's CD and play along with it...

Or some Chuck Mangione (flugelhorn player, ever see King of the Hill, he's the 'mascot' for Mega-lo-Mart). We're doing one of his songs for our 2006 field show, Land of Make Believe. (that's also our parade song)

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Justin - I thought your favourite song would be the Chicken Dance - considering you are one :D

samboo1

I dont really have a favourite chill out song. I dont really chill out really. I just listen to random songs on my playlists.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Amigo, you know I can edit that to say what I want it to...... But I won't. Or will I?

Besides, it's not being a chicken, it's just being lazy, if you want to see chicken, ask David about posting a pic of himself... I know he's not a saxaphone player...

Amigo22

Super Moderator
J. said:
Amigo, you know I can edit that to say what I want it to...... But I won't. Or will I?

Besides, it's not being a chicken, it's just being lazy, if you want to see chicken, ask David about posting a pic of himself... I know he's not a saxaphone player...

Meow! :D

Edit: no need to use excessive letters now... :D

Jimmy Junior

I'm about to go to bed now so I'm listening to hed kandi's 'beach house' album. Although I've heard it hundreds of times I probably wouldn't be able to name many tracks on it.

Jimmy Junior

My favourite new tunes would have to be the 'Thin White Duke' remix of Royksopp's 'What Else Is There?', and for pure cheeze value, 'I Like Girls', by 'Hound Dogs'.
I have classic all-time favourites, but there are too many to list here.

Gouki

Ayumi Hamasaki's (miss)Understood is a fantastic album, much better than her last one (My Story). Gackt's Diablos is good. It looks like he may end up heading back to his old style (as in, amazing work) soon enough.