FOX sends Malcolm back to Sundays

Tyno

Malcolm-France
[aimage=left]fox.jpg[/aimage]FOX is sending "Malcolm in the Middle" back to Sundays beginning January 29, where it will take over the 7:00/6:00c slot.
The news, announced via scheduling updates by the network this morning, means tonight's installment ("Bride of Ida") will be the show's last airing in the Friday, 8:30/7:30c half-hour. Repeats of "The Bernie Mac Show" will fill the slot beginning next week.
FOX's regular Sunday lineup will be pre-empted on January 15 for NFL coverage and "24's" two-hour season premiere, on January 22 for the NFC Championship and on February 5 for a "The Simpsons"/"Family Guy" marathon (to avoid putting first-run programming against ABC's Super Bowl XL broadcast).
As for "Malcolm," the veteran comedy has floundered in its new Friday home this season, where it's averaged less than 3.5 million viewers each week. Overall, "Malcolm" ranks as FOX's least-watched program currently on the air.

samboo1

Thanks for the news Tyno.:D I already knew via google alerts, but i deleted it by accident before i had chance to actually get into detail.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for that alert. Remember when MITM used to be one of Fox's best shows? :D It really started to flounder with its injustice last year. Am I correct that Fox is obligated to show the entire seventh season by contract? That probably confirms this will be the last. Will this year's ratings have any effect on when/if the DVDs are ever released?

cranstonfan

Good insights, folks, but I would think that this move from FOX might indicate the opposite of Yardgames' assessment.

If FOX truly wanted to cancel the series at this point in time, it seems to me that they would leave it in the "death slot" of Friday evenings ("death slot" because that's the night most people are doing other things and least likely to be watching the television), not move it back to its comfy home place of Sunday evenings. In fact, the move back to Sundays might actually be an indication that they are pleased with the aesthetic of this season and would like to see the show survive.

Plus, there's the reality that it was series creator Linwood Boomer who originally hinted that Season Seven might be the last one, and not the FOX network. I don't profess to read the minds of TV execs, but I like to examine all sides to an issue when something like this comes up.... :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
samboo1 said:
Thanks for the news Tyno.:D I already knew via google alerts, but i deleted it by accident before i had chance to actually get into detail.

Now it might be my bad memory but are you allways acidently deleting emails, i swear u said you had before........

This is really bad news! FOX's worst show! im surprised especially with some of the *strong word* they produce. :(

I personally have no dout in my mind this a the last season, the fact we are discussing it shows it is. True the could be moving to get a better viewing. There would be no point in cancelling, most of the episodes have been made (i think)

So we have to wait ages for the next epidoes, and its a 2 parter!

So sunday the 29th Jan is the next episode, am i right?

samboo1

tjpeople said:
Now it might be my bad memory but are you allways acidently deleting emails, i swear u said you had before........
Well i dont think ive ever said it before on here, but regardless whether i have said it, i do delete them a lot...it's b/c most of the google alerts are useless to me so i read the subject and delete and that's what i did with this one...except i only realised i should of kept it once it had gone! ;)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
cranstonfan said:
Good insights, folks, but I would think that this move from FOX might indicate the opposite of Yardgames' assessment.

If FOX truly wanted to cancel the series at this point in time, it seems to me that they would leave it in the "death slot" of Friday evenings ("death slot" because that's the night most people are doing other things and least likely to be watching the television), not move it back to its comfy home place of Sunday evenings. In fact, the move back to Sundays might actually be an indication that they are pleased with the aesthetic of this season and would like to see the show survive.

Plus, there's the reality that it was series creator Linwood Boomer who originally hinted that Season Seven might be the last one, and not the FOX network. I don't profess to read the minds of TV execs, but I like to examine all sides to an issue when something like this comes up.... :)
It's an interesting idea, but it was always "comfier" at 8:30 or 9 than at 7:30, don't you think? And 7:00 technically isn't even prime time yet; most people are still eating dinner.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yardgames said:
It's an interesting idea, but it was always "comfier" at 8:30 or 9 than at 7:30, don't you think? And 7:00 technically isn't even prime time yet; most people are still eating dinner.

Some people eat and watch TV at the same time! :D

Anysways slightly sidetracking TV schedules are old news, viva On Demand TV (its take many forms but basically streaming a program over the net so you choice to watch it when you want!)

alleyboy

Oh GOOD Thanks for the news! Between WWE Friday Smackdown! and my partys, I was watching MITM through blurred vision. I cherish my peaceful Sunday, stay home and relax, nights. MITM is the best way to end a weekend. Great news.:D Back where it supposed to be.

reese35

Man! I was getting used to the Friday night timeslot, but it's good to have MitM back where it belongs. You know, they had those preshow promos before Bernie Mac was over. For example...
secbf.jpg

reesestevie.jpg

healthia.jpg

burningman.jpg

healthib.jpg

blackouta.jpg

blackoutb.jpg

blackoutc.jpg

I had to get them via cell plone because I didn't have PowerDVD.

rzombie1988

alleyboy said:
Oh GOOD Thanks for the news! Between WWE Friday Smackdown! and my partys, I was watching MITM through blurred vision. I cherish my peaceful Sunday, stay home and relax, nights. MITM is the best way to end a weekend. Great news.:D Back where it supposed to be.

I hear ya, I hated missing SD, but MITM is way more important even though I'm a huge wrestling fan. Atleast the last couple episodes will be on when they belong to be on.