My freedom of speech is surpressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I feel that my personal freedom of speech is being surpressed. I posted a post called "Jesus Christ" in whice I urged all members to learn about the Lord. After four posts, all of which seemed negative, yardgames for some reason decided to close it down. That hurt alot and it bothers me that no one can express thier love or hate for God(i hope its love for).
So, since I feel I cannot have a fun time here and spread God's word while doing it, I wish for my membership to be deleted. If one of the mods will, I want one of them to delete my membership and my profile.
I hope that some of you will consider God and Jesus. If not, then I am sorry.
Thank you.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Tony, I am disappointed you are leaving as I think you have become a well like and well-respected member. Only David has the ability to delete your account, and generally does not use it, however I will bring this thread to his attention.

Before closing the thread, I made a very thorough explanation of the reasoning behind it, and I'm sorry that you didn't agree with me. As I mentioned, a public forum probably isn't the best place to express your religious views. While our debate over the use of religion in Daycare was full of heart and very interesting, it was different from your specific religion thread because your thread was asking members to look at a different religion. Rather than saying your freedom of speech has been supressed, I would argue that you were mixing church and state. I would also argue that it could be constrewed as being rude or offensive on your part that the faiths of other members are "wrong" and we should all therefore look at God and the Lord and learn to embrace them.

I certainly respect you and respect your beliefs, but I do not agree with your spreading your beliefs around. An Internet forum is not the place for that.

Furthermore, as I mentioned, we had a debate on religion a couple of months back. That began as more of a question about which faith people believed in. This seemingly conversational topic enjoyed a few days of heartful debate before we also needed to close that because members began to gang up on each other based solely on their faith. Before the thread was closed, many members exposed very deep secrets about themselves that I can imagine took a lot of courage to expose, and also meant that members had become very comfortable here. I remarked that I thought it was amazing a few teenagers on the Internet could respect each other and each other's differences, in many ways, better than grown men like President Bush and PM Blair can. Unfortunately, that utopia couldn't last forever and soon came to an end; thus we had to end the debate.

I closed your topic, therefore, to prevent any other similar arguments, which many members take very serious offense to. Religion is a person choice, and it is easy to offend someone and not even realize you are doing it!

Again, I'm certainly sorry you feel that your rights are being violated, but I think it is more a matter of the general pursuit of happiness for the entire forum. I'm going to close this thread now, not to suppress your freedom of speech, but because it really is not an appropriate topic for other members to post in. If you have any other concerns or wish to continue this conversation, please use the Private Messaging system to PM me so we can discuss it in a more private environment.

Thank you.

admin

Retired Administrator
Firstly your freedom of speech has not been supressed since your posts are still visible, and you can still post! Banning you would be supressing your freedom of speech

Please take these things up with the administration team, via the support button below rather than making threads about it, this is clearly a private issue of which you have with one of the moderation team.

Healthy discussions are always permitted on this forum, but preaching is not. Threads that are starting to get out of control, abusive, violent or aggressive will also be closed. These rules are designed to prevent members from insulting each other.

Relgion is often a very touchy subject, especially in a world with many of them, you are clearly biased towards one such religion, for which I respect your beliefs, but you must respect others. These forums where designed with the intent of enjoying Malcolm in the Middle, they are not the place for preaching or advertising certain religions, cults, clubs or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.