Reese or MitM?

Malcolm

Im surprised at the enormous amount of Reese and Justin Berfield fans in this and every MitM discussion board!
How many of you actually watch MitM because of him?

PD- Don´t get me wrong. Reese is a cool character. Im just curious.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Reese is my favorite, but I watch for all the characters. They are all unique and likable in their own way. I like Reese because he’s laid back and funny (even if he is an idiot!) :D I also think he’s a highly complex and misunderstood character. He really just wants acceptance, but he has no idea how to get it so he feel like he has to bully people instead.

But I don’t think the show would be as good if we saw it from Reese’s point of view, rather than Malcolm’s, just because Malcolm interacts with more people and generally has a more complicated life than Reese. People expect a lot of him because of his high IQ. Without Reese and Dewey to lighten things up a bit, Malcolm’s constant cynicism would probably get on my nerves after awhile though. So they all sort of balance each other out. That’s what makes the show so fun to watch!

reese35

A few months ago, when I joined in April, I wrote about my encounter with MitM. Back then, I started watching the show for the show. Then for a while after, Reese became my fave (I always watched for what bright idea he'd come up with next). Now, it's just the show for the show and the characters. Like Christina mentioned, it would be cooler if we saw the show through Reese... maybe even Dewey.

malcolmserie01

i'm for "malcolm in the middle" but i like justin berfield! i don't think justin is more important than "malcolm in the middle". sorry for the language but i'm french so i don't speak very well!:)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I think everyone is great! Although Reese is probably one of the funniest because he is so friggen stupid. If I can be honest, my favorite character is Hal. He is the funniest of all, hands down! I think Bryan Cranston is great!

Malcolm

He is great. I think he is more funny now than he ever was in the show:D the funny thing about Hal is that he is completely unable to face any kind of problem as normal people do!

bepreppin

My friends got me into MITM, i admit at first i started tuning in just to watch Reese :eek: but i quickly fell in love with the show :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I used to not watch the show for anybody. I got into the show by watching reruns in the afternoons last summer. But gradually, I fell in love with the show and ALL the characters.:) And, as you all probably know by now, Hal quickly became my favorite character on the show.:)

primehunter1

Hal is my favourite character too. If anything, Reese is one of my least favourite characters. Not that I haven't enjoyed many of the Reese-centric plots over the years, I've just enjoyed other characters' more.