Suddenly, the forums have exploded

admin

Retired Administrator
I don't no whether anyone else has noticed this, but within perhaps the last week or two the forums have absoultely exploded with discussion, its really quite impressive. Almost everytopic has 5 or more replies, and have loads of views.

I must congratulate all posting members, for their contributions. We have gone from just over 1,000 posts a week ago to 1,400 this week. Thats pretty impressive.

I just hope the disccusion can continue :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I'm enjoying reading it as well, and it is also worth pointing out that there have been a plethora of people making use of the chat room. Great job!

Nearly everything posted is quality, informative, good-thought-out posts too. I almost never have to touch a finger to the moderation controls. (but they are fun!)

admin

Retired Administrator
there cetainly is a great deal of intelligent people here, with great imaginations, and ideas to share with everyone else.

Its just a shame that some people just don't contriubute at all, all they do is read spoilers and play games.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
maybe you should up the posts needed for games.....:D and i did mention this before but can you lock a specfic spoliers thread until people have some posts.

admin

Retired Administrator
I could prevent people viewing posts in it until they've posted, but that always makes it look like nothings in their at all

Amigo22

Super Moderator
But something needs to be done to get all the members who have not yet posted at all to do so; there are so many of them according to the Member List. The blocking of a forum (were you thinking this for The Grotto?) would only affect new members not those who have been members for a long time and not posted who would have been able to see the discussions in there

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I agree, something definitely needs to be done. We should take a look at what the most popular threads for these people are. If they're, as I suspect, spoilers, could we add additional code to the spoiler button that requires x number of posts per week to view it?

admin

Retired Administrator
There is not a lot I can really do about them, I mean they have atleast signed up to the forums, and could still post if they wanted to.

In any community, there will always be people who just come in to take stuff out, and never want to contribute anything back - I am afraid if any of you no-posters are reading, you are quite frankly leachers to the community, if it were not for people actually talking, nothing would ever be said, and I would've closed the forums down by now.

Anyway back to the point, yes the spoilers are some of the most popular threads, with quite a few over 100 views. While we still have a substaintial number of people who do post I shall not be to bothered about these people, but beware - the forum has an auto expire on non-posters, of 6 months, no posts, and your user account gets deleted

--- You've been warned :D

Gouki

It's always good to see a forum explode into... well, I can't think of anything that doesn't sound vaguely homoerotic. But. It's a good thing.

arach

There are always many non-posters. In every forum. Many of them are just "ghosts" who don't have time to write something or don't want to write something. They are just reading. And some of course register and then forget about the forum...

Just don't worry about them. You shouldn't force anybody to write in here. If they are interested in a topic, they will write automatically. ;)

Still, I want to congratulate David. 150 members and they are getting more! Nice going. :)

admin

Retired Administrator
Obviously, I have no intention of forcing people to write anything, its totally up to them, I just hope to try and influence them into having ago :D