Ida's accent

S

sullie1505

I was just wondering if anyone knew why Ida has that accent. I know shes from Canada. Is she suppose to be French Canadian or somthing???

Wemboy

Not sure exactly, but i assume that the accent is meant to be Central or Eastern European in origin. It doesn't sound French Canadian, so i'm guessing that the charcater's origins are probably as an immigrant from somewhere else in Europe. Someone might know more about her than i do though?

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I only know her speaking in the german synchronization, but there it sounds pretty much russian or some other eastern european language.

admin

Retired Administrator
According to the IMDB, she's got Spanish/English heritage so, quite possible some European in there somewhere

S

sullie1505

I dont think its the actress with the accent because in the first season, in the episode "sleepover", Reese is trying to watch a chukie movie but Lois wont let him so he did a week of social studies homework and he rang grandma and recoreded the conversation and on the tape it is obviously not the voice of the actress now playing Ida but it is the same accent.