How to Get an Agent

texanchic19

i kinda need to know how people can get an agent, i know sounds stupid but i really need to know cause someone kidactors offered me a chance to get an agent and well they said i need 1,000 dollars and i dont know if your supposed to pay to get an agent or agents recgonize you?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: i need to know?

Well, that depends. You will need to pay your agent, certainly. But you'll need to have some sort of talent before you hire the agent, or no one will want to represent you.

I don't know where you live, but in my city, every couple of weekends, they have a big acting convention, and agents come and watch kids perform for free, and if they're any good, they may take them to Hollywood. Look into that sort of thing around your city, if you're actually any good.

Good luck!

MITM18

Yeah, you have to have talent.

Whats you talent?

PS: If you really really want to go into the buisness, you better improve your writing skills.

texanchic19

Re: i need to know?

yardgames said:
Well, that depends. You will need to pay your agent, certainly. But you'll need to have some sort of talent before you hire the agent, or no one will want to represent you.

I don't know where you live, but in my city, every couple of weekends, they have a big acting convention, and agents come and watch kids perform for free, and if they're any good, they may take them to Hollywood. Look into that sort of thing around your city, if you're actually any good.

Good luck!

Thanks yardgames I'll look into that.

Ps: this is for MITM18: I have great penmanship and my talent is singing and directing and a little bit of acting.

MITM18 said:
PS: If you really really want to go into the buisness, you better improve your writing skills.
Thats a fairly rude and unsubstansiated comment to make, no one adopts there official writing style when in a forum!

Ryebeach

texanchic19 said:
i kinda need to know how people can get an agent, i know sounds stupid but i really need to know cause someone kidactors offered me a chance to get an agent and well they said i need 1,000 dollars and i dont know if your supposed to pay to get an agent or agents recgonize you?
I wish you the best of luck texanchic19. Securing an agent is not easy but if you have the dedication to follow your dreams, anything is possible. Do keep us posted!:)