What "Extras" would you like on a MITM DVD

I would like to see...

• I hate DVD extras!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

admin

Retired Administrator
This is purely for fun, but any ideas on what extras you would like to see in the MITM Season 2 onwards DVDs....

Here are some of my ideas.

• Crapopoly Instruction Booklet
  • MITM Quiz
  • They Might be Giants Music Video
  • Behind the Scenes / Making of...
  • Episode Commentary
  • Alternative Cold Openers/ Endings/ Cut Scenes etc..
Any other ideas? I'll make this into a poll so if you can't think of any more say which you would enjoy from the above

allison

theblinddevil said:
Also it would be nice if the commentary was the entire length of the episodes instead of skipping scenes out. I'm not all that bothered about a quiz, but a TMBG music video and behind the scenes are a must! On the season 1 dvd, they had the Dewey's Day Job thing, it would be nice to have something similar for all of the main cast. Alt cold openers/cut scenes/outtakes are fun to watch too.
Totally agree with you! These are the things I´d like to see, too. A subtitle for the audio commentary would be nice, too. They sometimes cut in on each other which makes some sentences hard to understand.

MITM18

While I dont have exact details, what I believe went on is that they recorded for the episodes but the pick out the best parts of the commentary thats worth while.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
There's got to be bloopers. I love bloopers. It seems like there are never enough bloopers on Dvds, but that's probably just because I can't get enough of them.

Emrysgirl

allison said:
Totally agree with you! These are the things I´d like to see, too. A subtitle for the audio commentary would be nice, too. They sometimes cut in on each other which makes some sentences hard to understand.
You don't know how many times I've thought that before. It's so annoying!

Garbage Kills Megan said:
There's got to be bloopers. I love bloopers. It seems like there are never enough bloopers on Dvds, but that's probably just because I can't get enough of them.
I hate blooper shows. But in a DVD you enjoy enough to look at the extra stuff, they can be quite fun. I mean, by the time you're addicted to the movie/show and are looking for anything vaguely related.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
allison said:
Always wanted something like that, like in the Simpsons dvds, it's so hard to understand them.

I'd like to see(in this order of importance):
Behind the Scenes / Making of...
Crapopoly Instruction Booklet
Alternative Cold Openers/ Endings/ Cut Scenes etc..
Crapopoly Instruction Booklet
Episode Commentary
MITM Quiz
They Might be Giants Music Video

I'd love to see bloopers, anything MITM related.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Why would you want to see Crapopoly instructions? That seems just goofy--dumb. And we've already seen the TMBG music video--it's the cold open for one of the S1 episodes.

And I also don't understand what the big problem is with the commentary. It would take ages for them to put subtitles in--it's not like those things are scripted, and it's much more natural if they all jump in at random points when they think of something and talk about it.

Emrysgirl

Crapopoly Instructions - the idea is just so wacky that I want to see how it works. Plus, I've done that many times (combine different games).

commentary - Its fine/good that they jump in. It just gets a bit hard to understand at times. Especially if they're reffering to things/people (on the set or influences) that you don't really know about. You might need the spelling if you want to look up something further. And, with such a late release date, it's not like they haven't had time to subtitle it.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I would be satisfied to own a copy of all the seasons on DVD regardless of whats on the discs. Extras are just a bonus.

If they finally release another DVD, I will go out and buy it, but not yet, as I am very short of cash!

allison

Emrysgirl said:
commentary - Its fine/good that they jump in. It just gets a bit hard to understand at times. Especially if they're reffering to things/people (on the set or influences) that you don't really know about. You might need the spelling if you want to look up something further. And, with such a late release date, it's not like they haven't had time to subtitle it.
That´s what I think. I especially have problems to understand Justin sometimes. For example I thought he said "I´m the youngest brother in my family. I have 2" when he actually said "of two". A subtitle is also pretty good if they speak in a low voice (e.g if someone makes a comment in the background)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It really isn't a "short" job to put subtitles in. You have to go through the entire commentary and start by making a transcript of everything said. That alone is a time-killer. Next, you have to divide up the audio by sentence, and assign each sentence the time it is supposed to appear on the TV. It is not automatic! Trust me, I've been there, done that, and it is not easy.

MITM18

With what, subtitles?

Its just an opinion, any job can take a long time if not done correctly and not efficiently.

;)

Wemboy

I think it would be good to have a few easter eggs on the dvd. I think that's the right term for those hidden extras? The seinfeld dvds seem to have quite a few, and it always seems good to discover something that you didn't know was there. No idea what they'd actually be though!:)

Dewey

Minimalistic
I have the Seinfeld DVDs - what easter eggs are on there. I wasn't aware, but i love that kind of thing - can you share the secret with us all?

Wemboy

Well I found most of them on season 4, and i'm going to have a look on the season 1-3 when i can be bothered. If you go to the "Extras" section I think you'll find a few. Can't remember them all, probably haven't found them all actually, but one example is if you go to the extras section on the disc that has "Smelly Car" on it, and i think you just press up, towards the middle of the picture, where there isn't an icon, and there's a feature about Julia Dreyfuss parking in Roseanne's parking space or something; there only little things, but often quite funny. I know that isn't explained to well but I've loaned the dvd to a friend, so can't be more specific sorry! Just have a look around by pressing random direction buttons in the extras section and you'll often find someting.