Ida's Dance Spoilers

yardgames

Retired Administrator
From Carrigon at http://carrigon1.proboards43.com

Spoiler for Ida's Dance:
Here are some spoilers for Ida's Dance:

From what I have here, it looks like Lois either tried or suceeded in getting Ida into an old age home. The home is filled with women just like Ida. And they all celebrate this holiday called St. Grotus's Day. It's a dance festival. Ida has an artificial leg that she takes off during the festival.

The women convince Lois to make this gigantic tart for the festival.

Somewhere, I think back at home, Reese and Hal are watching a horror movie on tv. Reese loves it, but Hal is all horrified.

Hal gets sucked into more horror movies with Reese because Reese tells him he's so happy he can share his favorite passtime with his Dad.

Back at the old age home kitchen, Lois is slaving over making this huge tart. The women come in, they tell her it sucks in a lot of funny ways. They all put their cigarettes out in it and insist she do it over again. They insult her alot and leave.

Back at home, Malcolm is helping Dewey with some kind of music project, something with a baby mobile that plays a lullaby.

Back at the old age home, Lois finishes the tart. She brings it out and finds that the women made their own while she was slaving away. She gets really P.O.'d and smashes all the tarts to pieces. It's done in a really funny way with Lois dancing on them.

The festival does seem to take place and we do get alittle bit of it on screen.

Back at home, I think Hal tried to make it look like the tv was stolen so he wouldn't have to watch the horror movies with Reese anymore. But Reese got a monster size entertainment center and put it in the living room.

And that's all I have for this ep. Some things could change because I had really early info on this.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Not the best from the writers in my opinion, but it will probably make a very good semi-classic episode. I loook foward to it.

ahelm13

Here's the FOX press release for this episode from thefutoncritic

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE (4/17)
Air Date: 4/17/05 (SUNDAY)
Time Slot: 7:30 PM-8:00 PM EST on FOX
Episode Title: "Ida's Dance" (MIM-619)

A HELPING OF MUSIC TO SOOTHE THE SOUL ON "MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE" SUNDAY, APRIL 17, ON FOX

Spoiler for Ida's Dance:
Malcolm thinks that enrolling in a music appreciation course will give him an easy A, but he's rudely awakened when he receives an F on his first assignment. To salvage his grade-point average he turns to Dewey for some much-needed tutoring. Meanwhile, after Lois hadn't received a call from her mother in weeks, she discovers that Ida has made some new friends at a community center that suits her perfectly. Lois' visit to the center turns disastrous when she's forced to make a special festive dessert – leave it to Ida's dance to mend their rift. During Lois' absence, Hal and Reese find something in common, or so they thought on the MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE episode "Ida's Dance" airing Sunday, April 17 (7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT). (MIM-619) (TV-PG L)

Cast: Jane Kaczmarek as Lois, Bryan Cranston as Hal, Frankie Muniz as Malcolm, Justin Berfield as Reese and Erik Per Sullivan as Dewey.

Guest Cast: Cloris Leachman as Ida.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think this episode is really shaping up to be good. That's the first I've heard on the Malcolm part of this storyline....Malcolm and Dewey--that's new. Hal and Reese---that's always good. Lois and Ida---well, we've been seeing a bit too much of Ida lately, I think.

allison

yardgames said:
....Malcolm and Dewey--that's new..
I think they also had a storyline in "Reese comes home". I really liked their subplot. I´m sure it´s gonna be a great episode.