Ricky Gervais

Is anyone looking forward to Ricky Gervais new series- Extras? It starts on BBC2 on Thursday. From what Ive heard it should be just as good as the office. Although there are loads of huge stars in it- Samuel L Jackson, Ben Stiller, Kate Winslett. Will this effect the writing, as often, when huge names are involved they dominate the way the script is written

Dewey

Minimalistic
Ricky Gervais is awesome! - I remember him back from his 11'o clock show days...he was cool then too...

And Extras does look promising..i'll probably give it a watch

Wemboy

Yeh i'll probably give it a watch. I know what you mean about too many celebrity guests, could just be a big celeb love in, with Gervais boasting about all his famous mates, and boosting each other's egos. Then again if it's anything like the Office it won't be like that at all, and hopefully it'll take these big stars down a peg or too. Then again i heard Les Dennis was gonna be on it so it ain't all big stars!

To be honest though the best thing about the Office was that the characters were like real people in an actual workplace, that's what made it so cringeworthy. I'd be interested to see if he can work the same kind of humour into a show based around celebrity, and a world which is utterly unreal to most of us. Then again maybe it'll be a totally different style of humour all together; i'm looking forward to finding out.

Jimmy Junior

Apparently I look like Ricky Gervais - just younger, less chubby and without the beard.
Not sure if that's an insult or a compliment...