Sudden MITM restart

I am mixed between immence anger and joy. MITM series 5 has come to terrestrial TV (BBC 2) I was unaware of its return until halfway through the first eppisode. Can anyone cast any light as to why the showin of a new season of a very popular and successful show has ben so poorly promoted?

allison

Of course I can´t answer that question, but it´s the same thing here (Germany). They rarely promote the show (but also other shows) and I really don´t understand this because I also miss a lot of things because of that. If you don´t "study" your TV guide it often happens that you don´t realize when your favourite show is on TV and that just sucks. :(

Are you aware as to whether this is a regular slot for MITM. I remeber last summer (maily due to the olympics) MITM was being constantly changed and moved around.

admin

Retired Administrator
Next week it is on at 19.35

We shall put all the dates into the calendar 2 weeks in advance hopefully, so keep checking that regularly!

admin

Retired Administrator
Currently Sunday 24 at 19.35 is unannoucned, but from the timings I suspect it will be another MITM episode.

ENTERTAINMENT: To Be Announced

Channel: BBC 2 02

Date: Sunday 24th July 2005

Time: 19:35 to 20:00 (starting in 13 days)

Duration: 25 minutes.

VideoPlus: 476298

More information will be available closer to broadcast.

(Widescreen, Subtitles)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1770

Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Are you somehow affiliated with Digiguide?

In America, we've got a program called TitanTV that does something like that, except it's free. :)

admin

Retired Administrator
Essentially yes I am, but when ever you copy something from digiguide it puts in your affliate URL, so its not as if I am going out of my way to put in there copyright details!

Wemboy

Unfortunately i've had to get used to the BBC's random approach to scheduling MITM. They haven't really bothered trailing the show since the first season; they seem to want to treat the show as kind of cult viewing, and don't want to push it on a wider audience. One just has to accept that really, and just make sure that every week you check the schedules.

It normally starts around this time of year so from about June time i've been checking the schedules for the new series, which is why i found it (also the Guardian reviewed the double bill very favourably as it tends to when the new series starts). I did post but only on Sunday morning so sorry if you guys missed the warning.

The next trick is once you realise it's on you have to check the schedules every week, don't just assume it will be on at the same time weekly. Also, i've learnt that sporting events nearly always take precedence in the scheduling over MITM, and other shows that supposedly have a "niche" audience. For instance next week the Open Golf is on, and although it should finish before MITM is due to start you never can be sure, and if it does overrun MITM will almost definitely be shown at "a later date". Basically, you've just got to stick with it, and try to support it when it is on, despite the obstacles that the BBC seem hell bent on putting in your way!