Account deleted on the VC

theblinddevil

I was having problems with hotmail, so i decided to switch the email settings on the forums and the VC. The forums worked fine, but when i went to change my email on the VC to gmail, it send me an email to confirm then i clicked the link and it said acconut inactive, please make a new account or something. Then i tried to sign in but it said username or password are unvalid, and im not the top poster anymore so i guess everything got deleted...... i guess only David could help, but i thought i would make post about it as it may be a bug.

My messages are still there but it says im a guest now, how wierd. All hotmail's fault for not working :cool:

All i was trying to do is check if there was a newsletter i hadn't read.

admin

Retired Administrator
Your account has completely vaporized off the face of the planet.

If you waited too long to reply activate via the email your account would be deleted. I think it is a 5 day wait before an inactive account is deleted.

I am afraid I can't help you a great deal, but if you create a new username, the same as that one, we can accredit you with your posts etc.

admin

Retired Administrator
I shouldn't worry, some episodes have over 100 votes, 1 vote here or there won''t make a difference :D

Emrysgirl

I had the same problem earlier, but I thought it was just because the site was being reconstructed. Weren't you (Admin) supposed to create another account for me? Could you please send me an email w/ my new account info. I think I deleted the old one.

MITM18

It seems to be two totally seperate subscription accounts for the two services so I dont think its possible to combine them.

MITM18

Hmm, I spoke to him about it and he said he tried and cant do it.

I guess its like two people talking to each other in a different language and not understanding one another.

Also it may be a too late to do this since people have registered the same username on both forums so the computers would get confused with "posts" go with which service.

admin

Retired Administrator
There are too many constraints.

The main one being that the forums and main VC are not on the same server, hence using the same MySQL database is impractical.

The way things are stored on the VC is also different to vbulletin.

I don't create people new user accounts if you want one, you have to create one yourself.