Sign the petition!!... please

jrrowleyws

MITM in england

Does anyone know which episodes/seasons has already been shown in england on tv?? Its really annoying I cant watch MITM on tv. :(

Mabe we need to beg BBC to put it back on?

admin

Retired Administrator
Re: MITM in england

Well depending on where you have access to SkyOne or not.

The BBC has shown Season 1,2,3 and 4. But does not do reruns, so you only get one chance to watch it
Sky One is a regular shower and has reruns frequently throughout the week, and is currently near finishing season 6. They have shown all 6 seasons and frequently do reruns.

I have sent an email to "five" asking them to purchase the season 5 rights to MITM, and they have passed my letter on to the programme purchasers. The BBC treats MITM and most of it US imports like crap. It really needs to respect them more - like five does.

admin

Retired Administrator

jrrowleyws said:
Mabe more of us should write to channel 5?

Unfortunately I dont have sky1 access :(
Yeah, me neither - I would recommend writing to five. There website is

http://www.five.tv/ and you can contact them via the contact section somewhere.

Maybe we could start up a petition and send it to Five.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

For the sake of the betterment of MITM and it's viewers, could anyone sign, or just people from the UK?

admin

Retired Administrator

Its probably just best UK people sign it, as Five is a commerical station and will want to judge it on how many UK viewers will watch it so they can work out advertising costs

Hey everyone, many of you know the current lack of MITM on Terrestrial TV, in the UK, the wanderful MITM admin have set up a petition to try and get five to buy the rights to MITM. I went onto the link (from the newsletter) http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=394&highlight=petition

But only 4 people (including myself) had actually signed the petition. This is a plea on behalf of all those MITM fans who do not posess sky one to watch the latest series for you guys (uk only) to sign the petition. Even if u have sky, please sign, thsi could still benefit you as it would increase the level of interest in the programme, potential increasing the liklihood of dvd release:D

MITM18

Just saying petitions dont work really.

If Malcolm In The Middle got better ratings in BBC, they would do it much quicker.

There was a petition for George Lucas to release the original version of Star Wars on DVD and that got over 70,000 signatures and he still hasnt released it or said he will.

It is incorrect to make such a huge generalisation as to say petitions don't work, providing one example which is subject to various other issues does not quantify that petitions do not work. The purpose of a petition is to demonstrate the widespread support or opostion in relation to a certain matter, therefore petitions do OFTEN work. The ratings on the bbc were very good, yet BBC 2's decisions are not always based entirley on ratings- take the Simpsons for example, they received exceptioanl ratings every night, yet channel four bought the rites to further series. Therefore please DO sign the petiton

Wemboy

Well that's five signatures now that i've signed it, but that ain't gonna set the world alight. Is there any way of advertising the petition to a wider audience or something? If we could get it into a more accessible arena so that people who aren't forum members are more likely to see it. I don't know how this would be done but i'm sure someone has some idea?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
If David visited sometime in the next year, you could ask him to add a link to the main VC, and you could post a link on the Fox forums?

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Emrysgirl said:
I don't know enough about British TV to say if it'll work. Do you want us to sign even if we're not in the UK?
Well in the petition it says you have to be an UK resident and you have to name your location, and i don't think we're supposed to lie...

Wemboy

Screw that!:D How are they gonna know? It doesn't matter if you ain't a UK resident you can still sign, you'll just be doing us a favour. Whatever it takes to get MITM on the TV and out of the hands of the stupid BBC.

Wemboy

Well we now have season 5 on BBC2 which is good news, although we will doubtless have to put up with some crazy scheduling. First up, next week is the Open Championship Golf and I gauranteee that MITM will get moved because of that. Still it's better than nothing, but I have to say I'd still be pleased if the show were to get picked up by another channel who would fit the show into a gauranteed timeslot every week. This would be good if and when season six comes to terrestrial tv, and also hopefully to get a few reruns of earlier series back on.