season 6 questions

Kracken

Hello all,

Woefully, I've been deprived of television viewing for all of season six of Malcolm. If any of you would like to help me, I'd like to ask a few questions in order to bring me up to speed (I've been catching a few shows in syndication).

Is Mr. Herkabe still considered one of Malcolm's teachers? If not, could you tell me what is role is in Malcolm's life, if any?

Could you tell me about Malcolm's school life, or is that side of the show downplayed? If you can update me on Malcolm in school, I'd like details, please! :) For example, is Malcolm a senior in high school this year? And whatever else you care to offer.

What is Francis doing now, and how often has he been featured on the show?

Is is true Reese intentionally failed his senior year so he wouldn't have to move out of the house?

I think those are the only questions, but if I think of more I hope you'll help me. The episode guides are great, but I'd like a little more info. I'm thinking about writing an episode myself.

Cheers,
Kracken

Emrysgirl

Kracken said:
Hello all,
Hey:)! Since I'm the first one to post, I suppose I should say welcome to the forums.

Kracken said:
Woefully, I've been deprived of television viewing for all of season six of Malcolm.
I have only seen the later half. I was introduced to MitM only this year, but I'll answer what I know.

Kracken said:
Could you tell me about Malcolm's school life, or is that side of the show downplayed? If you can update me on Malcolm in school, I'd like details, please! :) For example, is Malcolm a senior in high school this year? And whatever else you care to offer.
It is downplayed. He ditched the Krelboynes, but was unable to make any new friends, so he's the school outcast/loner. We see very little of smart Malcolm. None the less, he hasn't abandoned studies. He is still taking a lot of tough courses. He's found something he's not good at ie music. He is a junior in season 6. He'll be a senior next year.

Kracken said:
What is Francis doing now, and how often has he been featured on the show?
He accidently lost a lot of money (to a fake ATM) and was fired and sued by Otto. We don't where he's living or how he and Piama manage. He's trying to find a job. There's a few odd occupations mentioned through out the season. He appears very rarely. I think in a total of 5 eps.

Kracken said:
Is is true Reese intentionally failed his senior year so he wouldn't have to move out of the house?
Yes, it's true. He studied really hard, highlighted entire books attempted to write down all the numbers and got every single question in every single subject wrong (by actually knowing the answers). He had to fail so badly that he couldn't make it up insummer school.

Kracken said:
I think those are the only questions, but if I think of more I hope you'll help me. The episode guides are great, but I'd like a little more info.
'Course:).

Kracken said:
I'm thinking about writing an episode myself.
Good luck with that. A lot of (well, 3) people seem to be doing that recently.

Kracken

Wow, Emrysgirl! Thanks so much for the quick reply and the info. And for the welcome. I'm already enjoying my time here. :)

willdubbs

Francis appears in seven episodes:
-Kitty's back
-Hal Christmas gift (He does almost nothing in this one)
-Lois battles Jamie
-Ida loses a leg (inside which he's the main character)
-No motorcycles (He's the main character of this one too)
-Stilts (Inside which he only appears for two scenes)
-Buseys take a hostage

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, it seems as though you guys answered this question pretty completely. Welcome to the forums, kracken.

Ryebeach

Emrysgirl said:
Someone answer the Herkabe question. I didn't know. I'm curious too.
Mr Herkabe, played by the great character actor Chris Eigeman, appears in two episodes of season 6. Tiki Lounge and Mrs. Tri-County. In Tiki Lounge, if my memory serves me correctly, he doesn't appear as a teacher of one of Malcolm's classes but as an advisor of an after-school club, in which he persuades Malcolm to join. In Mrs. Tri-County, he appears as a judge in the pageant that Lois is entered into and there are no scenes of him at school with Malcolm. I've always liked the character of Mr. Herkabe and I'm glad they have kept him on even though it's not in the setting of a teacher of Malcolm.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah, Ryebeach is right. He was obviously the Krelboyne teacher back in season 3; when he was moved to the high school, it appeared that he taught one class, perhaps pshychology, in season five (Malcolm Films Reese). During season four, he was the dean of discipline, but had that role revoked, we're led to believe, as a result of Malcolm Films Reese. Thus, we're led to believe he continues teaching the psych class, but Malcolm is no longer in it.

Kracken

Whoops, seems I posted in the wrong section. Sorry about that. I'd wondered if I should've posted here instead afterwards.

Thank you for the welcome, and for all the info you guys have offered! Very helpful and interesting. I'm ODing on teevee at the moment and trying to catch up on season 6 here in repeats. :cool:

Kracken

Hi, I've got another question if you don't mind. How does Reese customarily refer to his job, specifically, name-wise? I know he works cutting up meat, and seems to enjoy it, but I wonder if he ever calls the place anything other than "work." I am totally writing an episode as we speak, and I'm having a ton of fun with it, but these teleplays are cruel and deceptive...they want you to believe they're easy to write, but they're the exact opposite. I'm determined to finish though. :cool:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Please share once you're done, we'd love to see it. We're actually led to believe that Reese no longer holds the meet-cutting job in season six, because he got a different spring break job in Butterflies, in which he helped an exterminator who was eventually arrested. So as of now, Reese doesn't actually have a job.

Emrysgirl

I don't think they ever mention where he worked (other than the fact that the place processed meat) or what his position was.