Your finale episode

admin

Retired Administrator
How would you write your perfect finale episode of MITM. What will you do with the individual characters? Would you send Malcolm and Reese to Harvard and Dewey to Music College - or would you send Malcolm to work in McDonalds and Reese to become a billionaire? What about the rest of the family, what will Hal and Lois do now they are down to only 2 kids? And finally Francis - whats going to happen to him?

Personally I would have

• Malcolm go to college
  • Reese freakly get 100% on his exam and end of going to the same college as Malcolm
  • Dewey leave the buseys (with a showdown of course) to go to High School, perhaps even some gifted music school?
  • Francis and Piama to have their first child.
  • Jamie to cause havoc at Pre-School - perhaps his first words can be something interesting - perhaps something bad that Reese taught him..
  • Finally Hal and Lois, Lois to get promoted in the Lucky Aide, at the guilty expense of Craig being put on probation and Hal doing something which no one has thought of yet! :D
Any thoughts?

Malcolm

Jeez, I dunno whats gonna happen in the very last episode, but Im sure it would be something we would never imagine. Im sure Im gonna laugh a lot watching that ep... but Im gonna cry, too... I cant believe the seventh season is the last one. Friends was a much less creative sitcom, and it lasted for eleven years! Isnt fair!!:Sick:

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I want Malcolm to get a full ride to some college. I really don't want Reese to go to college. Some people just aren't meant for college. I want him to start working in a restaurant. I hadn't really thought about anything else.

Emrysgirl

I would have (pretty much the same stuff w/ more details)

• MALCOLM try to keep Lois away when applying to his dream college but screw up because of that and not get in. He should still go to a good college, but not as good as he could have.
  • REESE end up at the same college as Malcolm
admin said:
Reese freakly get 100% on his exam and end of going to the same college as Malcolm
haha...watch Legally Blond...it's possible in TV Lala-Land. Have Reese be admitted not b/c he did well at something, but because of something ridiculous and unintentional. To relate to the Friends comment, like when Joey wrote the recommendation and it actually helped b/c they thought it was from a child.

• FRANCIS and Piama have a baby (girl (that looks like Piama. YAY Asian babies:D)). He should also get a high school diploma!! Maybe start taking night classes at some college. And get some zanny but permanent job.
  • DEWEY get accepted to some special music school far away (like Malcolm in Baby I, only for music). And he'll take it.
  • HAL and LOIS will now only have one kid, to whom they can devote a lot more attention and hopefully raise better. They'll move back into an apartment, or at least a different house. Promotions? I don't know.
  • JAMIE will have good parents! And he'll be normal...not "emotionally scared" or stupid (ooh I still have to finish that post!) or particularly good at anything...just normal.
So, happy ending for everyone, but not sappy. Too bad there is wiggle room for Spin-offs (Dewey at school, Malcolm vs. Reese at college). It won't happen.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Spin-offs are always disasters i.e. Joey.

But seriously, Frankie and Justin are anxious to move on to other projects, and obviously Christopher already has. After season seven, things will probably dissolve fairly quickly.

SaD_bUt_TrUe16

francis should work with hal and maybe be his boss... i dont think jamie will turn out good just bcuz hal and lois can give him more attention... look at francis... (tho reese was born soon after)...

MITM18

Graduation Episode - Season 7 Finale

I believe this will be the finale for Malcolm In The Middle.

I expect we will see in this episode both Reese and Malcolm getting graduated at the same time.

In my mind, I think it would be an awesome ending, we see boys graduating and moving on to other things like Reese getting noticed for his cooking skills and malcolm getting a scholarship. We see at the end, Lois and Hal happy for the kids.

I am also thinking we will see Piama and Francis with their first born child in the audience.

I also think Dewey will set a prank for the senior. For Dewey I am thinking he will help his classmates overcome their disabilities, not everything but make them more independent.

I think we will see Grandma die, then we see the family not really mourning but in the end of the episode, they are sad for her death.

Throughout the season I am expecting the kids to improve in both society and in weaknesses.

While I dont believe everything will be fixed, they wont be as anti-social at the end.

I also think Stevie will be the validictorian and will of course have to make a speach, thus it will be funny to see the crowd waiting on every word.

What does everyone else think?

Ryebeach

Re: Graduation Episode - Season 7 Finale

Excellent ideas!!!:) I think the perfect ending to the show would be a graduation episode, where all the family is gathered together.

I've always thought Francis and Piama should have a baby. In fact when Lois was pregnant with Jamie, I thought it would be very funny if Piama was pregnant as well and she had her baby before Jamie was born and then Lois' grandbaby would be older than Jamie.;) At any rate, I think Francis would be a great dad so that would be an interesting end as well. It would force him to settle down and find a long-term job, something I hope he does in season 7.

I don't know about Ida passing away. While it would inevitably bring the family closer together, I just don't know if that's the way to go to end a show. A tad too depressing but of course, that all depends on the way the writers would handle it.

I agree, Malcolm and Reese should become more social with other kids. A number of episodes in season 6 referenced their lack of friends as they can both be self-centered. I think it would be nice to see them get out there a bit more and develop long-standing friendships. Get active in the community is one way to do this.

Stevie giving a speach at graduation would be hilarious. A nice, comedic touch which also would bring the show back to the very first episode when his asthma and way of talking first figured in.

For the finale, I don't think the show should be wrapped up in a nice bow. There should be unanswered questions, open ended plotlines. I realize a lot of shows when ending try to seek closure for everyone and that often transcends into making the finale's seem forced and untrue to a series as a whole. I'd prefer to see the show end not fully knowing what's in store for all the character's. I'd like to have a basic idea where Malcolm will end up for college, what Reese will do after graduation, etc but I think leaving that up to the audience's imagination is the best way to go about it in this instance.

MITM18

Re: Graduation Episode - Season 7 Finale

Well, they dont have to kill of Ida in the last episode but one of the later ones.

While they dont have to answer every question, they should answer the most important ones, or lead the viewers on to what will happen.

Here is another situation Malcolm could end up in, he walks down the isle to get his diploma and he is muddering insults to himself about his classmates how they are all morons and such.

But when they give him the diploma, they announce a scholarship for him and his classmates root for him and clap. And after graduation, his classmates say goodbye to him and he says it back. Then we can see, Lois asking him if he is finally happy to leave his "horrible school", and he can respond to like, "I am going to miss it".

Instead of Stevie doing a speech, we could see at the beginning of the episode, Malcolm writing a mean spirited speech about how he hated the school and "finally tell them how he feels" but when he is announced that he is validictorian, he gets a standing ovation and his students cheer and say his name. So he throws out his mean speech and makes one up on the stop about his time at school and how he really liked school without even knowing it or something like that.

willdubbs

Francis and Piama having a baby, Dewey who goes to a music school, Malcolm going to the college. That's what almost everybody is expecting for the final of the series (including me), but I think it's too predictable, a great final would be a surprising final, or maybe an event who gathers a lots of characters of the series. At the beginning of the series Malcolm introduces the show by telling us that he thinks that "the best thing about childhood is, at some point it stops". So I think he will turn 18 near the end of the seventh season so he will tell us something like "My childhood is finally over", to conclude the series, if Malcolm becomes adult, the series will have a reason to stop since it supposed to focus on Malcolm and his childhood.

MITM18

Also since it was introduced in the first episode of MITM that his childhood was really over.

Teenager life isnt childhood so it would be wrong to say that.

Ryebeach

I also feel the very last scene should be Malcolm speaking to the camera. That's how it began. That's how it should end. As to what exactly he should say, I'm not so sure. I think it should in some way though relate to his family and his future and how he would like them both to be related. Perhaps realizing not just how much his family needs him but just how much he needs his family as well.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You guys are really talking about a choker scene here. I mean, I'm not one to cry during movies, but if anything like you guys are talking about actually happens, I may be bawling like a baby.

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
You guys are really talking about a choker scene here. I mean, I'm not one to cry during movies, but if anything like you guys are talking about actually happens, I may be bawling like a baby.
I agree. As I said in a previous post, I really don't feel a death should occur in the finale or at all during season 7. For me, it would just be too sad. I don't tune in to MITM to be sad. I tune in for the amazing writing and acting and the laugh-out-loud comedy. While death is part of life, I would prefer not seeing it next season on MITM.

I can kinda picture the very last scene, with Malcolm and Reese leaving home. Lois says something to Hal, in reference to the end of the feuds between them and the annoyance created by them, thats immediatley followed by a phone call from Francis complaining and shouting at Lois about something random. It then just cuts to black and credits. Typical of mitm an ending that appears sudden, even though all the loose ends in the eppisode have been tied up.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I would never have a final episode. But, since it will happen, I wouldn't mind Reese moving away with a dream for a culinary college far away. Then Dewey would freak out, because no one would bully him, and turn into a bully with OCD like Hal. Jamie would mooch off of everyone and anything. He'd grow up to be the king of bums. And Malcolm ends up a CPA, living in the garage. Hal picks up a hobby, which is detailing model airplanes. Then my mind goes blank, so i'll stop here.