PDA

View Full Version : What music are you listening to?

MITM-Fan
Jun 3, 2005, 06:48 AM
After the introduction of the "radio thread", now a general but also specific question. What kind of music are you guys listening to? And maybe what bands?
For me...I like rock music in general, mostly heavy metal.
Bands like: DIO, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne...the list goes on and on but I'm more into groups which are years over years in this business. There aren't many new bands I like but I do like some of them, of course.
Now it's your turn...;)

:cool:

admin
Jun 3, 2005, 07:21 AM
I like quite a lot of stuff mainly Rock music, but I like alot of soundtrack music as well. Including Boss of Me, I'm No Superman (Scrubs) I'll Be There for You (Friends) and other theme tunes.

Generally I like rock, country, some classical and ochestra based but not much, popular etc.

NeCoHo
Jun 3, 2005, 07:48 AM
I enjoy classial, trumpet pieces, and some marching tunes. Other then that I rarely listen to music, unless I'm playing it. :D

Dabney
Jun 3, 2005, 12:21 PM
i like rock music the most, in particular heavy metal (metallica, trivium, Testament, but also older bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin etc). But I also love Blues (Cream, B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan etc.) but i'm also interesed in other styles of music, so i also like some hip hop stuff (The roots), some classical music (Bruckner) or other styles (Fatboy slim)...:Whistle:

ekimanisirf
Jun 3, 2005, 11:41 PM
i have such a wide variety of music that its hard to keep track of everything. at the moment, my favourite bands are Prodigy, Crystal Method, Black Eyed Peas, Fischerspooner and The Faint... OH and Muse. yeah, everything except for BEP and Muse is like, umm, techno-rock/pop (?) i guess you could call it that. but i am very open to trying new things... yes, by things i mean MUSIC... well, everything except country... theres something about the twangy/whiney voices of country that really rub me the wrong way

MITM18
Jun 3, 2005, 11:42 PM
I enjoy classical music especially soundtracks

ekimanisirf
Jun 3, 2005, 11:51 PM
It's actually a deep dark secret of mine, but I really do enjoy theatre music.... such as The Phantom of the Opera... which just HAPPENS to be on the satellite right now... but yeah. Oh man, and CHICAGO is great too

MITM18
Jun 3, 2005, 11:54 PM
Love music that is played during battle/war scenes in movies and war marches.

ekimanisirf
Jun 3, 2005, 11:57 PM
Music like that gives such a strong emotion. I really like when there is one solo voice that sings in those types of scenes... its really haunting. I also really like music that gives such strong emotions... I get that vibe from a lot of Damien Rice's stuff.

MITM18
Jun 3, 2005, 11:58 PM
Yeah, what composers do you like?

ekimanisirf
Jun 4, 2005, 12:01 AM
Wow, I like so many... I really like Debussy, especially his Au Claire du Lune. Umm, I do like Bach, Beethoven, uhh, I really dont know how to spell it, but Tchekovski, Chopin... and to be fair, I do like modern composers aswell... like Rob Dougan. How about you?

OH and I forgot about the music group Bond... they put modern twists on classical pieces... its actually really fun to listen to

yardgames
Jun 4, 2005, 12:02 AM
Wow, this was a bit weird. I'm glad the two of you were able to spark up a common interest there. Classical music makes you so tired, though, doesn't it?

Welcome to the forums, ekimanisirf, thanks for sharing your "deepest secret."

ekimanisirf
Jun 4, 2005, 12:05 AM
I figure my secret is safe with you guys ;).

Classical music can be relaxing and very energetic (?) at the same time. Pieces like Beethoven's 9th symphony is very powerful and moving. Its also very good music to do homework to... apparently it stimulates the thinking process.

Another interesting aspect of classical music is the story behind the pieces. For example, Beethoven's 9th is all about the duality of man. The good vs. evil of our personalities. It also glorifies and damns humans... dealing with the ascention to heaven and the fall from grace, to hell.

MITM18
Jun 4, 2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah, not at all.

Its very soothing and relaxing. Or it can give you alot of adrenaline if you have good action classical music.

You also need a good subwoofer to listen to music for the bass without bass your missing so much

ekimanisirf
Jun 4, 2005, 12:10 AM
The frequencies that are generated by classical music are really quite amazing... I've actually had my neighbour come yell at me for having it too loud... but if you are addicted to bass, like me, Rob Dougan is a definite must have. He does classical music with a modern twist... he does vocals and pure instrumentals. You might have heard some of his stuff in the Matrix trilogy, like his pieces Clubbed to Death and Furious Angels.

MITM18
Jun 4, 2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah probebly, I like parts of the Matrix soundtracks.

Very cool

ekimanisirf
Jun 4, 2005, 12:19 AM
Okay, I hate to be so random and off topic, but I have a couple of questions.

Where are you guys located? How old are you? Male of Female?

I am male, 17 located in Ontario, Canada... yeah, Canada... eh, canuks, aboot and all that jazz

MITM18
Jun 4, 2005, 12:21 AM
Thats not random, just make a new thread for that question or questions:)

PS: Check your private messages

samboo1
Apr 16, 2006, 06:43 PM
I wanted to bring this thread back up, because we have a lot of new members (i do remember reading a thread about music, but this isnt it, but it'll do ;)) and people's music taste change. Well mine does. Right now im loving Panic! at the disco (probs my favourite band of the moment) and i also like Fall out boy.

What about you people:)

tjpeople
Apr 16, 2006, 09:18 PM
"radio thread"

Whats with that?

As of this second im really into The Kooks.

Digging up old threads is good, however at fist i was confuused cause i read the dates a 2006. :D

samboo1
Apr 17, 2006, 04:09 PM
Lol. Yeah i like the kooks. Just got 'Naive' today :cool:

tony_montana
Apr 17, 2006, 05:06 PM
I LOVE classic rock(by classic I mean 60's-70's). The Beatles are my all time favorite, but I like other 60's bands like The Guess Who("These eyes" is a great song!). There are alot of 70's bands I like, such as Wings(Paul Mccartney's band after the Beatles), Queen("Fat bottomed girls" is my favorite song they made), Led Zepplin("The Immigrant Song"! Ahh ahh ahhhh!), and some others. But in all, the best music ever is classic rock!:D

glm1234
Apr 18, 2006, 01:46 PM
i like loads of different singers and bands like girls aloud,avril lavigne,gwen stefani,kelly clarkson,pink and i have to admit britney spears is one of my favourites:o

Reese Feltspar
Apr 28, 2006, 06:18 PM
I love the following bands:

Iron Maiden.
Judas Priest.
Testament.
Hammerfall.
Dark Angel.
Nuclear Assault.
Sentenced.
Evenfall.
Burzum.
Immortal.
Anathema.
Amorphis.
Slayer.
Helloween.
Anthrax.
Halford.
Bruce Dickinson.
Ronnie James Dio.
Cradle Of Filth.
Dimmu Borgir.
Thy Serpent.
Nile.
Morbid Angel.
Cannibal Corpse.

Too name but some of the many bands I like.:cool:

simon_4420
May 5, 2006, 05:25 PM
right now I'm listen to the coke with lime advert song:D

han_keep_smilin
May 6, 2006, 05:26 AM
i was singing that the other day at school with samboo:D

we were trying to figure out what it said i though it sounded like " put the lime in the coconut!"

Now i think its " put the lime in the coke you nut" :D

Wildcat
May 6, 2006, 10:10 AM
we were trying to figure out what it said i though it sounded like " put the lime in the coconut!"

LOL, I always thought that's what they were saying too. I couldn't figure out why they were talking about coconuts. :D I haven't seen that commercial in awhile.

simon_4420
May 6, 2006, 12:09 PM
the original is "put the lime in the coconut", the one they use on the advert is "put the lime in the coke you nut":D

glm1234
May 10, 2007, 05:59 PM
i like loads of different singers and bands like girls aloud,avril lavigne,gwen stefani,kelly clarkson,pink and i have to admit britney spears is one of my favourites:o

EURGH!!! i cant beleive i put girls aloud and britney spears :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

my favourite singers and bands now are panic! at the disco,my chemical romance,fall out boy,drake bell,red hot chilli peppers,lostprophets,foo fighters,green day,muse,good charlotte and stuff like that.

wow my type of music's changed!

theblinddevil
May 10, 2007, 07:47 PM
I'm listening to Michael Jackson's Beat It at the moment :D (on repeat of course)

Before that i was listening to various old Weezer songs (Island in the sun, Say it ain't so.. etc).

I usually listen to older stuff like the Kinks, the Stones, Motorhead, Television, Pink Floyd.. etc, aswell as newer stuff like Rise Against, Weezer, Greenday.. whatever really.

AlexTheMartian
May 10, 2007, 11:01 PM
OMG a music thread, and I did not reply??

Well right now I am listening to:

Arctic Monkeys
30 Seconds to Mars
Linkin Park
Muse
Yellowcard
Weezer
U2
My Chemical Romance
and many 90s bands, like: Blink-182, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, etc.

Gouki
May 17, 2007, 08:29 AM
Tegan and Sara's So Jealous. They really do deserve huge success.

Thank you so much Veronica Mars for introducing me to them, and to Spoon.

APK
May 23, 2007, 06:28 PM
My favourite groups are the Bee Gees, the Beatles and the Beach Boys. I also like what I've heard of Andy Gibb's music (he was the younger brother of the Bee Gees) and I like Elvis, Buddy Holly, Billy Joel, The Carpenters, 1970s/1980s disco music - I like most music from the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.

Kratos
May 25, 2007, 09:13 PM
Tegan and Sara's So Jealous. They really do deserve huge success.

Thank you so much Veronica Mars for introducing me to them, and to Spoon.

Veronica Mars has introduced me to so much great music this last season! Another reason to be said it probs wont be back for a 4th :blink:

levelA
Jun 28, 2007, 05:43 PM
hum i'm on the jazz trip - the Esbjorn Svenson Trio is on my stereo right now

Lucky Maroon
Sep 4, 2007, 07:35 PM
My favorites include Muse, Radiohead, White Stripes, Incubus, Nirvana, and other slightly old rock artists.

glm1234
Sep 14, 2007, 07:25 PM
i must say,all you lot listen to great music :D

samboo1
Sep 16, 2007, 08:28 AM
OMG a music thread, and I did not reply??

Well right now I am listening to:

Arctic Monkeys
30 Seconds to Mars
Linkin Park
Muse
Yellowcard
Weezer
U2
My Chemical Romance
and many 90s bands, like: Blink-182, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, etc.
Those bands are like taking the words out of my mouth.:thumbup:
I also like Snow Patrol though, they are probably my favourite band, along with Arctic Monkeys.

AlexTheMartian
Sep 17, 2007, 02:21 AM
Those bands are like taking the words out of my mouth.:thumbup:
I also like Snow Patrol though, they are probably my favourite band, along with Arctic Monkeys.

Right now my 2 most listened to bands I did not even have on that list when I made it.
That is The Strokes and Foo Fighters, I used to listen to them a lot in the past, but in the last few years I havent really played them much. But now I have been listeining to only those 2 bands for the last 2 weeks :D

AlexTheMartian
Sep 17, 2007, 02:30 AM
EURGH!!! i cant beleive i put girls aloud and britney spears :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

my favourite singers and bands now are panic! at the disco,my chemical romance,fall out boy,drake bell,red hot chilli peppers,lostprophets,foo fighters,green day,muse,good charlotte and stuff like that.

wow my type of music's changed!

drake bell has some cool songs. you like Drake & Josh? that is a great show :thumbup:

glm1234
Sep 17, 2007, 03:43 PM
drake bell has some cool songs. you like Drake & Josh? that is a great show :thumbup:

yep i love drake & josh :D

samboo1
Sep 17, 2007, 04:12 PM
Right now my 2 most listened to bands I did not even have on that list when I made it.
That is The Strokes and Foo Fighters, I used to listen to them a lot in the past, but in the last few years I havent really played them much. But now I have been listeining to only those 2 bands for the last 2 weeks :D
I agree with them too. I cant wait to get the Foo Fighter's new album.
And glm1234 I know what you mean. I look back at my previous music tastes and it makes me cringe!