PDA

View Full Version : Anyone miss MITM?

Malcolm123
Apr 11, 2009, 12:32 AM
I rate It the best show In the last 10 years. GOD bless Frankie Muniz

Richiepiep
Apr 12, 2009, 12:46 PM
Yes, I really did miss it, but now I don't get a chance to, because it's being aired every workday on Dutch Comedy Central! Sheer delight! It's the second run of all episodes in chronological order.

And before you go "Lucky you", it's been a long time in coming, because I'd seen hardly anything beyond Season 3 before, because episodes were scattered around on no fewer than 5 separate channels (Fox, V8, Net5, SBS6 and Veronica) and I watched some on the BBC. Because the channels, seasons and showing times kept changing all the time, it was so frustrating that I gave up.

Comedy Central still has a way of messing up the showing times without notice, but they're doing better now than at the start.

Rich

defjam64
Apr 20, 2009, 09:39 AM
You don't need to ask if anyone needs to ask if we miss one of the best shows ever.It comes on everyday on sky one from the beginning W00T :)
but sadly i dont get to watch it much :( :cursing:
But i miss it so much and because of this websites MEGAUPLOAD downloads YAY all of season 4 THX TJPEOPLE

Buljko
Apr 21, 2009, 03:20 PM
I personaly can't say that i miss it cause i have a chance to watch it any time i want. :)
If you ask me do I miss it as the show that's not on the air any more, I don't. ;)
I'm certanly happy that they stopped the show while they were still making quality episodes (like Seinfeld).
I would hate to see it happening to MITM what happend to The Simpsons. :(

Iberia
May 3, 2009, 02:37 PM
Yup, I miss it loaaads =[ Though it's on Sky every day so I can't really complain =P

sullie1505
May 3, 2009, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't say I miss it; in the past I was always afriad of the show being butchered in certain ways in a quest for ratings and I'm glad it never came to that. I don't like the show as much as I used, mainly because I just don't get around to seeing it.

Campred to other shows out there, especially in the comedy genre: MITM just had something going for it; it was unique and likeable. I just can't stand most of the new shit out lately, but I think it ran its course and I enjoyed every episode up until the last.

francisorton
May 17, 2009, 07:29 AM
its never off Sky One in merry olde englande

MITM_Fan
May 23, 2009, 08:49 PM
I do miss! But what the heck, I just open MPC and choose an episode to watch, since I've finished all seasons a few months ago.:D

Lparsons7981
Jun 1, 2009, 12:14 AM
yes I do, since I don't really have much else going on entertainment wise in my rather boring life it would be good to have new MITM to look forward too. Then again, I'm glad they ended it before it got dragged out and through the mud like happens to way to many shows. It really was/is the only comedy I watched, as it makes me laugh, but I also like the deeper feeling behind it as well.

There are always re-runs, and hopefully someday........DVDs so I can share this with my family i will hopefully have some day in the future(and advise them to not act that way :D)

-kaytiewilkerson.
Jun 3, 2009, 04:50 PM
I grew up watching Malcolm. I'm 15 so there really isn't a lot of shows that I stick with and feel like I have to watch every single episode of. But, MITM is the one show I've stuck with my whole life. For one of my birthdays a while back my mom bought me the first season of MITM. I've watched it so many times, I pretty much know every word to every episode in the first season. I cried when the last episode of the 7th season aired on FOX. But, I understand. Frankie, JUSTIN<3, Erik and Chris can't play Malcolm, Reese, Dewey and Francis their whole lives. But, i really miss getting pumped for the premieres of new episodes and stuff like that. But, I downloaded every single episode ever made, thanks to you guys :) So, now I can't say I miss it. Because I watch it everyday when I come home after school and when it doesn't come on on weekends, I can watch the download thingy I got (: So, I can't even begin to tell you guys how much I apreciate the downloaddddd!:wub:

marcos.archer
Jun 3, 2009, 06:56 PM
trueee! :D

Lparsons7981
Jun 3, 2009, 07:10 PM
I grew up watching Malcolm. I'm 15 so there really isn't a lot of shows that I stick with and feel like I have to watch every single episode of. But, MITM is the one show I've stuck with my whole life. For one of my birthdays a while back my mom bought me the first season of MITM. I've watched it so many times, I pretty much know every word to every episode in the first season. I cried when the last episode of the 7th season aired on FOX. But, I understand. Frankie, JUSTIN<3, Erik and Chris can't play Malcolm, Reese, Dewey and Francis their whole lives. But, i really miss getting pumped for the premieres of new episodes and stuff like that. But, I downloaded every single episode ever made, thanks to you guys :) So, now I can't say I miss it. Because I watch it everyday when I come home after school and when it doesn't come on on weekends, I can watch the download thingy I got (: So, I can't even begin to tell you guys how much I apreciate the downloaddddd!:wub:

Thats a good idea, watching one or two a day or so. I'll probably do that next school year, cause there really isn't a heck of a lot to do in the dorms between homework, classes, and working at Wal-Mart

-kaytiewilkerson.
Jun 4, 2009, 12:05 AM
Oh my gosh Malcolm123! That is SO SO true! Oh but you can't forget Justin Berfielddddd<3

Noozman_7190
Jul 5, 2009, 01:31 AM

I totally agree. I watch it on FX when it's on, and last year I bought the entire box set, so if you walk into my room, it's usually on. Later on, they've gotta do some sort of reunion special, or something.

sandra muniz
Sep 19, 2009, 12:32 PM
they've gotta do some sort of reunion special, or something.

YES, they've gotta do it !!!

liswiloct09
Oct 10, 2009, 04:48 AM
Hi,

Yes , MITM is really a nice show & i missed it so much.It was a great

TV series in past few years.

ivailoto5
Oct 15, 2009, 03:10 PM
I sure can say I MISS IT ALOT.I always hope for a season 8 but..well there isnt I never get tired of watching it

tjpeople
Oct 15, 2009, 03:54 PM
I sure can say I MISS IT ALOT.I always hope for a season 8 but..well there isnt I never get tired of watching it

Welcome, we hope you enjoy your stay :)

isipisi
Oct 26, 2009, 08:28 PM
Reese's dating schedule :D

1. reveal embarrassing secret to make her feel trusted
2. sneak a kiss, then apologize
3. ask her out
4. catches me crying
5. make out session
6. she discovers a love letter in my back pocket
7. heavyer make out session
8. double D day!

... lol this actually works! ... :p

tjpeople
Oct 27, 2009, 06:01 AM
Welcome isipisi (http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=7576), we hope you enjoy your stay. :)

findlay
Oct 29, 2009, 06:02 PM
welcome

Siobhan
Oct 30, 2009, 09:56 AM
Its pretty close to impossible to miss it here in England! I think it was a couple of weeks after the last episode of MITM aired that Sky One started playing it from start to finish. I think were on Season Two right now.

omqits_cinderella
Nov 6, 2009, 07:05 PM
i wish they would do like a mitm reunion that would b cool lol =]

zachman93
Dec 7, 2009, 02:11 AM
I can hardly say that I miss it, because I'm still in the process of working through chronologically! I could say I've developed a total obsession with the show and I'm proud of it. It's both made me look at myself closer and made me laugh at how eerily similar some of the stuff is to my own life - that doesn't happen often with a TV show.

Gill
Dec 8, 2009, 06:24 PM
I've developed an obsession with the show too! I'm pretty sad that the show had to end, but I'm glad it's airing on FX and Nick at Nite for me. If Malcolm in the Middle was removed from any of those channels I don't know what I would do! I sometimes wish that they made a reunion, or a special, or a movie, whatever. I haven't seen Graduation, but I'd probably get a bit teary when I see it. When I saw the commercial from Sky One about the last episode with Erik as Dewey looking at a photo album, it made me feel really sad.

tjpeople
Dec 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
I've developed an obsession with the show too! I'm pretty sad that the show had to end, but I'm glad it's airing on FX and Nick at Nite for me. If Malcolm in the Middle was removed from any of those channels I don't know what I would do! I sometimes wish that they made a reunion, or a special, or a movie, whatever. I haven't seen Graduation, but I'd probably get a bit teary when I see it. When I saw the commercial from Sky One about the last episode with Erik as Dewey looking at a photo album, it made me feel really sad.

Welcome Gill, obsessed with MITM? well you've come to the right place.

Gill
Dec 8, 2009, 07:07 PM
Welcome Gill, obsessed with MITM? well you've come to the right place.
:)Thanks!

Richiepiep
Dec 9, 2009, 06:42 PM

Yes, that was a nice promo ad! I've attached it. That's Barbra Streisand singing 'The Way We Were'. It's nice to see we have all the official episode set stills from the album in our Gallery! :D

Welcome,

Rich

MITMFan232
Dec 26, 2009, 07:00 PM
Honestly yes i do
not to much
i have every episode on my HDD so i can watch everyday :D
but i would love it if they would make to season 10!

Dreaded
Jan 15, 2010, 06:03 PM
They show it on Nickelodeon, but only season 1, I belive. Correct me if I am wrong.

deweyinthemiddle
Jan 15, 2010, 10:34 PM
Well, you are right and wrong since although Nick shows some eps from 1-5 seasons, they show the same 1st season and 2nd and 3 season eps over and over! (probably because those eps got good ratings)

gabsy
Jan 17, 2010, 07:06 AM
Reese's dating schedule :D

1. reveal embarrassing secret to make her feel trusted
2. sneak a kiss, then apologize
3. ask her out
4. catches me crying
5. make out session
6. she discovers a love letter in my back pocket
7. heavyer make out session
8. double D day!

... lol this actually works! ... :p

LOL i loved that episode! Reese is awesome :2thumbsup: but I'm not sure if i can choose a favourite character...they're all so good in their own way

tjpeople
Jan 17, 2010, 07:46 AM
LOL i loved that episode! Reese is awesome :2thumbsup: but I'm not sure if i can choose a favourite character...they're all so good in their own way

Welcome Gabsy, we hope you enjoy your stay :)

zsstefanov
Jan 17, 2010, 05:52 PM
Do I miss mitm? Man, that`s just the best. Well I remember when I was 8 and I was toying in the living room. Mom and Dad were watching the very first episode but I wasn`t watching. Damn I was stupid :D. I mean I`m from Bulgaria (don`t know if you ever heard of it) and it was 2001 when was the Pilot episode. Now in Bulgaria even four years after the end it is such a buzz around Malcolm in the Middle. The televisions are running it all over and I enjoy it :).

P.S. Sorry `bout my english. I`m 13 and I`ve never been in a country that speeks english so i guess my english isn`t perfect. Anyway people tell me I`m very good at it so as acting but maybe I shouldn`t have said that. However greetings from Bulgaria.

Lparsons7981
Feb 4, 2010, 09:54 PM
I miss it now and again, I mean other comedy has been an okay substitute (Scrubs) but nothing has that same feeling MITM gave me each and every week. Probably because the time and circumstances of my life when it was on.

So the nostalgia is part the show, part personal I guess.

That being said, I wouldn't mind just ONE more episode, come on, just one, that's all I want I promise :D

Movieye
Feb 5, 2010, 01:31 AM
I just started watching this British show called THE INBETWEENERS on BBC America, and the odd jerky camera works reminds me of a primitive version of what MITM did.

THE INBETWEENERS is a hilarious show about a group of high school friends in a British high school. The language is bleeped all the time - I guess swearing is OK on British TV (or they bleep it there too), but it sort of reminds me about how MITM was evolving about sex and hormones.

I was still shocked at one MITM episode when Malcolm goes to a party and the girl pulls out a condom, or the episode where Reese' army buddy meets him in the shed, and he has apparently wrapped a bow around Mr. Happy.

It would have been nice if MITM had one more season to let the older boys date and have teenager problems.

Richiepiep
Feb 5, 2010, 04:20 PM
Hadn't heard of the InBetweeners yet, I'll keep it in mind.

No, at last from what I know from the BBC, they don't bleep anything there. They just makes this type of hilarious but fitting announcement: "Now on BBC 2, cutting-edge stand-up comedy and strong language in ....".

Well, everyone is warned that way, and it's a lot better than those silly beeps!

I don't miss MITM because I've got it all on DVD and as computer files, and it's currently in its third run in syndication on Comedy Central, so I sometimes catch a few episodes of it that way!

Rich

waldiejr
Mar 3, 2010, 05:42 PM
its on fx every weekday running two episodes from 2 to 3

arodpatsfan
Mar 3, 2010, 08:43 PM
I do

curl
Jan 3, 2011, 06:39 AM
Yeah I do miss this awesome series. The storyline of the show was just amazing.

Identity
Jan 6, 2011, 03:52 AM
I miss MITM, so much I joined this lovely community to get my Malcolm hit. I watch MITM all the time though, but I wish there was more to watch. *Holds out for Jamie in the Middle* :)

PeterU
Jan 7, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hi Identity, and welcome to the community! :)

I think 'Jamie in the Middle' would be a really cool idea -- perhaps in a few years time? :)

Dewey2500
Mar 1, 2011, 08:05 PM
Of course I do, but it's still on FX mid day in The US:)

tjpeople
Mar 5, 2011, 05:19 PM

Welcome :)

MITM ROCKS
Mar 13, 2011, 12:04 PM

Yeah, that made me happy when I found out earlier last year. It's on from 7:00 AM-8:00 AM in the morning, and in the afternoon it shows anywhere from two to even six episodes between 1:00 PM-5:00 PM depending on the day. It really rocks. I really do miss it, and I wish Fox would start playing reruns on Sunday nights, or even on weekdays.

malcolmFANATIC
Oct 24, 2011, 08:29 PM
I'd like for them to make it again, but they can't scince frankie passed away.:(

PeterU
Oct 25, 2011, 02:53 AM
Frankie did not die. He is alive and well -- and in fact just got engaged! (http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/2011/10/25/frankie-muniz-gets-engaged-to-elycia-marie/)

EzPz
Oct 25, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'd like for them to make it again, but they can't scince frankie passed away.:(

Where did you hear that?! :confused:

tjpeople
Oct 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
Where did you hear that?! :confused:

There was a youtube video someone made a few years ago as an obvious joke that he died and people believed it, so I'm guessing that's why.

Dew_Fan
Nov 2, 2011, 06:28 PM
I don't think that there is a single person out there that doesn't miss MITM, it was and still is my favorite show on television. I have been watching this show since the beginning and I still love the show. This is the best show out there because it shows that even a dysfunctional family has there moments.

DeweyHalLois
Oct 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
I miss the show, especially the Malcom-Reese-Dewey relationship

malcolmfa
Nov 4, 2012, 12:08 PM
yes me too

smlime16
Nov 5, 2012, 11:40 PM
I wish the show continued, but I guess the actors were done with it. I think there could have been some good plots though, especially with Malcolm in college. But at the same time, Dewey and Jamie living with just the two of them would be almost sad to watch. So yeah, I miss the show, but at least what they did create is good and and they didn't push their luck in trying for a season 8.

Karin
Nov 7, 2012, 06:06 AM
Of course I miss it but I am always happy when it is showed on tv and I'm pretty excited about the dvd releases. :w00t:

As for if the series should have run longer or not: I think regarding the child actors it ran pretty long. The thing is they grow up and want to move on/ do other things. I think they could have done some more great episodes but overall Im pretty happy with how well it was made and how long it ran. If it would have ran longer it might have looked they were stretching it too far to a point where storylines got thin or too unrealistic. Quality vs. quantity. It was well balanced the way it was.

Although I would love to see a one-of special reunion episode. (especially after the cast reunion that happened a few months ago) A view of how things went for Malcom and the rest of the family after graduation. I think that would be cool. :)

Richiepiep
Nov 8, 2012, 06:51 AM
Well said, Karin and Smlime16. My thoughts exactly. A one-off reunion would be nice, but I too think the series had run its course and with three of the boys away from home, it would be a stretch to make this work and not retread (derivative, so weaker) story lines.

Older, similar family-oriented series like The Cosby Show and Family Ties tried to plod on by adding new babies or live-in younger cousins, and for instance Home Improvement ended in strife, because the leading actor had enough. Also, you could feel The Adventures of Pete & Pete coming to an end when the dynamic changed as older Pete was about to enter college and younger Pete hit puberty, and could hardly be expected to live in a kind of dreamlike fantasy world. No actor wants to be stereotyped in one role, and I can imagine teenagers hating it when they keep being seen as that cute little kid from years ago.

I really think it's a good thing MITM didn't peter out with embarrassingly weak episodes, which could easily have happened.

Tremors119
Dec 8, 2012, 07:49 PM
Yeh I miss it who doesn't
I do agree that season 8 of mitm would have been very riscky so I am glad they didn't try it but I was startled, disgusted and confused ass to why they never did the one off special or Evan a movie at some point.
But yeh mitm will be in our hearts for ever

Matt-Matt
Jan 6, 2013, 09:54 AM
New here guys!
Just been watching the entire series from start to finish, currently up to near the start of season 6. I love this show so much! It just gets better and better, I remember watching it when it was on TV here (Like 2002-2004).

I actually want to buy the DVD box set, but seeing as it's only being released in the UK (NTSC) I won't be able to because I live in Australia :cursing:

I'm going to try and savour this show, because I just really enjoy the humor so much :D

russdx
Jan 18, 2013, 05:52 PM
Im currently watching it from season 1 to season 7 im about half way through season 7, love it so much!!! when im done im just gonna loop back to season 1 episode 1 and start over again!!!

reese and malcolm abba dance scene has to be one of the best scenes ever made in tv, i cant stop laughing at it and must of re-winded about 20 times now to re-watch!!

one of the best shows ever.

VPAlGore
Feb 26, 2014, 12:46 PM
Its on Netflix if anyone is curious.

chandrarodrigue
Mar 22, 2018, 08:31 PM
i really miss MITM

Richiepiep
May 5, 2019, 05:22 PM
i really miss MITM
Fortunately, there are a number of alternative options available now, if you want to watch the series again. If you haven't recorded the episodes, like I did in the first place, you can buy a number of DVD sets now, and some paid TV or streaming video channels still show it. It used to be on Netflix, or as a streaming service from Amazon Prime. If you're in the US, you can watch it streamed on Hulu. The new Disney+ channel is scheduled to air it.

Of course, it all depends on the availability in your country, like if there are dubbed or subtitled versions, or if the DVD region (1 or 2) is suitable for your country. And how much you are willing to pay for it!

Best,

Rich

Richiepiep
Mar 30, 2020, 04:40 PM
In trying times like these, especially when you're physically isolated from the rest of the world, it could be a great idea to do some binge-watching, or couch-potato-ing, bonding with your loved ones if you can, and surrender to the wild but winsome family life of Malcolm and company!

Especially now, we need to take our minds off our sorrows and uncertainties sometimes and just let go.....

Best, and be strong and safe,

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rich

PeterU
Jun 1, 2020, 01:10 PM
After a long while, I've come back to rewatching all 7 seasons on DVD and, I have to say, it really is helping with giving me something comfortable and familiar to identify with as we're in difficult times. I think I forgot how much I enjoy this show! I hope everyone here is safe and well.

tjpeople
Aug 7, 2020, 02:07 PM
Nice to see you Peter!