Smokers

admin

Retired Administrator
MITM-Fan said:
Any smokers here? Actually I'm smoking now, so I was just curious. :D

:cool:
Tut, tut, bad habit that :D

No I don't smoke, mainly because I do Biology and you learn alot of stuff about smoking in biology that puts you right off.

When I went to Germany it seems like a massive problem, on every street corner their was ciggarette machines selling for $3 a packet.

In the UK you can't get them for much less than £5 and thats behind a counter!

MITM-Fan

I've never been to the UK so far but some friends told me that cigarettes are quite expensive there but at that time I wasn't smoking at all. A deep friend of mine stopped smoking and I just started, isn't that funny? :D

And you're right, in Germany there are a lot of cigarette machines. On the corner of the street were I'm located there are two machines standing opposite on one and on the other side of the street. :D
But it's ok because the packets became too expensive lately and I buy the ones at the supermarket you have to put together by hand.
What makes me sad is seeing little kids aged 10 - 13 smoking on the street because of the damn cigarette machines everywhere. And they're smoking just to show off and impress friends and that's really sad, they don't know what they are actually doing to themselves. The same goes for alcohol but I didn't see any drunk kids that age so far in my region. :D But cigarettes are a problem and you're absolutely right.

allison

I don´t smoke. People say it´s "weird" because everyone else in my family does smoke. But maybe that´s what turned me off. I´m pretty glad I don´t smoke. Of course it´s unhealthy AND as you said very expensive,:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
MITM-Fan said:
I've never been to the UK so far but some friends told me that cigarettes are quite expensive there but at that time I wasn't smoking at all. A deep friend of mine stopped smoking and I just started, isn't that funny? :D

And you're right, in Germany there are a lot of cigarette machines. On the corner of the street were I'm located there are two machines standing opposite on one and on the other side of the street. :D
But it's ok because the packets became too expensive lately and I buy the ones at the supermarket you have to put together by hand.
What makes me sad is seeing little kids aged 10 - 13 smoking on the street because of the damn cigarette machines everywhere. And they're smoking just to show off and impress friends and that's really sad, they don't know what they are actually doing to themselves. The same goes for alcohol but I didn't see any drunk kids that age so far in my region. :D But cigarettes are a problem and you're absolutely right.

Isn't it a bit hypocritical that you say it does horrible things to your body, and then go out and smoke?

MITM-Fan

yardgames said:
Isn't it a bit hypocritical that you say it does horrible things to your body, and then go out and smoke?
yes, sure it is. But it's the same with all other kinds of bad habits, like drinking or eating way too much. And second one is actually my problem, if you didn't know. :D I started smoking just 1,5 years ago because...I don't remember anymore. (I heard smoking can influence your memorizing abilities of your brain :D) But it really helps me stop eating at some point. Well I consider myself not as really FAT or something (I saw people double-sized than me :D) but I wasn't satisfied with myself and still I'm not, I feel now much better because I lost a lot of pounds since I started doing physical exercises since the beginning of this year. I know smoking won't make you thinner but it keeps me under control and yeah I sometimes drink too much coffee. :D Maybe I'll quit if I'm satisfied with myself and I know I can do it!
But the point is it's very sad the younger kids have to smoke, drink etc...they don't have any reason and they harm themselves for nothing.

Emrysgirl

I don't smoke. I have two uncles who do and I'm sometimes uncomfortable around them (when they talk about smoking or ask if they can smoke around me etc., but that happens very rarely). None of my close friends do either (although I know a lot of ppl who do). Many of them are coffee addicts though:D. I would be too if I had more money:D. I don't care what everyone says: Starbucks rocks!!!

Smoking tops my list of "bad stuff" i.e. cheating on tests, drugs, drinking etc. This is because smoking is the only one that dirrectly harms others:mad:. If you want to harm your own body, go ahead...maybe you're life would be worse w/o whatever you're doing than if you're healthy:). But smoking can cause serious health problems for those around you.

Many districts around where I live just imposed a controversial ban on smoking in public places (airport, restaurants, bars, etc).

arach

MITM-Fan said:
yes, sure it is. But it's the same with all other kinds of bad habits, like drinking or eating way too much. And second one is actually my problem, if you didn't know. :D I started smoking just 1,5 years ago because...I don't remember anymore. (I heard smoking can influence your memorizing abilities of your brain :D) But it really helps me stop eating at some point. Well I consider myself not as really FAT or something (I saw people double-sized than me :D) but I wasn't satisfied with myself and still I'm not, I feel now much better because I lost a lot of pounds since I started doing physical exercises since the beginning of this year. I know smoking won't make you thinner but it keeps me under control and yeah I sometimes drink too much coffee. :D Maybe I'll quit if I'm satisfied with myself and I know I can do it!
But the point is it's very sad the younger kids have to smoke, drink etc...they don't have any reason and they harm themselves for nothing.
when you quit smoking, the side effect will be that you eat more.

ps: i´m smoking since i am 14.

Malcolm

I dont smoke.
My grandfather and my uncle died of cancer, they were not smokers, but I learned how terrible cancer is.
So, I promised myself I will never smoke in my entire life. Besides, whats so neat about smoking?

And I dont drink coffee, either.
And Im not gonna tell you antything about my experiences with crack...

Just kidding:D

163830__malcolm_l.jpg

admin

Retired Administrator
arach said:
when you quit smoking, the side effect will be that you eat more.

ps: i´m smoking since i am 14.
another smoker, anyone else want to admit to this habit :D We might have to start up our own "quit smoking" board! :D

Emrysgirl

To reiterate:

Boo smoking:Angry:!
Hurrah Coffee (notice capitals, elevated to demigod status):)!
Yay CAFFEINE (god):D!

So, I discovered Boba (if that's how you spell it) a few days back. It's tapioca (if that's how you spell that) in tea. It's pretty good, but nauceating if you have too much. Hurrah Bubble Tea. But still far behind Starbucks.

Back to smoking...

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I don't smoke either, but i do enjoy a nice tasty cigar from time to time...
(please don't judge me:D )

MITM-Fan

Dabney said:
I don't smoke either, but i do enjoy a nice tasty cigar from time to time...
(please don't judge me:D )
"And I did not inhale and I did not have sex with that intern." :p:D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Sorry, i actually forgot the smilie that would also tell the "not so smart"-guys that this wasn't too serious...:D (don't get mad at me, dan)

MITM-Fan

Dabney said:
Sorry, i actually forgot the smilie that would also tell the "not so smart"-guys that this wasn't too serious...
this has nothing to do with smartness or something: You could also have been pissed off by my comment, so how should I know..I'm not a psychic. :D
I was just kinda thinking..."Oh, what's up with Dabney. Did he lost his sense of humor. :confused:" But it seems I don't have to worry about that. :D

admin

Retired Administrator
MITM-Fan said:
this has nothing to do with smartness or something: You could also have been pissed off by my comment, so how should I know..I'm not a psychic.
I was just kinda thinking..."Oh, what's up with Dabney. Did he lost his sense of humor. " But it seems I don't have to worry about that.
So what made you guys start smoking - peer pressure, looks, taste, smell, parents?

I am intruged, it has never crossed my mind to smoke ever. I've always been tought Smoking Kills!

Infact it is ILLEGAL if those words are not written on a packet of ciggerettes in this country!

It is also illegal to advertise smoking on TV, in sports, on billboards - in fact everywhere!

Here is a packet example, its nice a big so partially blind smokers can read it as well!:

44e8e7f519c792991b8f9a6d8ba86535.jpg