Agent Cody Banks

Malcolm

What do you think about those movies? Have you already seen them? Do you like to watch movies with MitM actors?​
I really wanna know your opinions.​
See ya!​
agentcodybanksdvdbig.jpg

admin

Retired Administrator
Personally, I find the Frankie Muniz films a tad on the childish side, I think he is going to find it difficult to move into "adult" films from his position.

Agent Cody Banks and Big Fat Liar were very good children's films thought, just not really a film for people my age :D

MITM-Fan

I do own quite a lot movies which cast MITM actors, both Agent Cody Banks movies on DVD as well. I'm not that impressed of them but the reason why I bought them was, of course, Frankie. :D They aren't that bad, but like already mentioned before, these are kid's movies but at least more enjoyable than Spy Kids or something. :D But the last time when Frankie's performance and the movie were BOTH great was My Dog Skip...still my favorite till now, although I haven't watched Deuces Wild. (I can't find the DVD anywhere :( )

:cool:

admin

Retired Administrator
Emrysgirl said:
Look at the Do you like frankie's films? thread.

The only Frankie movie I've seen is Big Fat Liar. It was funny, but not innovative.
Yeah, agreed - Frankie's movies are not bad, they are quite funny - but they are for younger children. They are good but not anything fantastic. Big Fat Liar is no "Shawshank Redeption"!

Ryebeach

Yes, Frankie's films to date have been targeted to a younger audience, which works well when you're a teenage actor but now that he's nearing twenty, he does need to expand his horizon's which it seems he is beginning to do with his new film, Stay Alive. I have seen Big Fat Liar and Agent Cody Banks and while they were both enjoyable and fairly funny, sophisticated or substantial they were not.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That is the reason why he didn't do a movie during summer hiatus last year, and to my knowledge, he isn't this year again (correct me if I'm wrong.) I think he's waiting for the right adult role to come around, but part of his problem is the fact that he still looks like a teenager.

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
That is the reason why he didn't do a movie during summer hiatus last year, and to my knowledge, he isn't this year again (correct me if I'm wrong.)
Frankie is filming Stay Alive during this summer's hiatus. It's a horror/thriller film and definately not for the younger folks. It's interesting to note, this film features a number of other young TV stars as well like, Samaire Armstrong from The OC, Milo Ventimiglia from Gilmore Girls and Sophia Bush from One Tree Hill. Stay Alive - IMDB Page

Jimmy Junior

yardgames said:
part of his problem is the fact that he still looks like a teenager.
More often than not, teenage characters (15, 16) are played by actors who are well into their 20s, sometimes even older. It's more unusual that the characters in MiTM are roughly the same age as the actors who play them.
By that standard I think Frankie Muniz has a few years to go before he gets offered any adult roles, if at all - Julia Sawalha (British actress) has always had teen roles, and she's in her 30's.

mariposa22

I have seen both Agent Cody Banks films, and even though I am an adult, I enjoyed them. They are clean, funny, and family oriented. You don't need inuendos and sex scenes to make movies enjoyable. I didn't think they were childish at all. By the way, does Justin Berfield (Reese) act in any other movies besides Max Keeble's Big Move?

Malcolm

I agree with Mariposa22. You dont need sex or swearing or things like that. Both Cody Banks and Big Fat Liar were enjoyable and very funny movies, I dunno why some people thinks that kind of movies are childish. Pure comedy is underrated.:(

Jimmy Junior

You dont need sex or swearing or things like that.
I agree - some of the greatest television comedies of all time were made in the 1970s when swearing on TV was taboo - productions such as Monty Python, Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses contained the bare minimum of swearing - they relied on pure situational humour.

D

Deleted member 1693

The movies were okay. I wouldn't have seen them if Frankie weren't in them though.

Doctor person

Personally, I find the Frankie Muniz films a tad on the childish side, I think he is going to find it difficult to move into "adult" films from his position.

Agent Cody Banks and Big Fat Liar were very good children's films thought, just not really a film for people my age :D

I guess thats why he is racing cars now....

Was he planning to go back into the film industry afterwards?